Notices
Suspension, Brakes, and Tire Tech Place to discuss suspension mods for all models

Suspension Guru's -Advice on Street Setup

Search this Thread

Old 2/20/13, 01:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by James Taugner
Awesome! Went ahead and ordered a full suspension setup. Hopefully it'll turn this Mustang from an already good handling car to a amazing one.
So, James, HOW MUCH did you $pend? Are you doing the install yourself, or having someone else do it? Hope it all works out for you.

How many miles did you have on your new ride before you decided to upgrade your stock suspension? Just wondering what you didn't like about the stock suspension.

What about tires? Are you going to upgrade them?

Looking forward to hearing how you liked the new stuff.

Best regards, John
Old 2/20/13, 05:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Came out to about $1400 total. I have access to a lift so I'll be installing everything myself, I've read a few how-to's so I feel pretty confinedent even tho I've never worked on it before. I'm an Aircraft Mechanic so cars are pretty simple.

The car has about 15,xxx miles on it, I've had it for two weeks now. I traded a SRT8 Challenger in for this so even the stock suspension is a big upgrade in what I had previously. I'm really trying to just eliminate to gap from the tire to fender and eliminate the wheel hop I have.

I want new wheels and tires but I'm having problems justifying $1500+ for them when my stock tires still have plenty of life on them. Once I lower the car I'll see how I like it, I may just buy them anyway or I may save the $1500 until these wear to the cord and than replace them. By than I'll have enough for my Supercharger and I'll need the extra width.

Everything is getting installed tomorrow with exception to the BMR stuff. UPS delivers late and I won't have time unfortunately.