Notices
Suspension, Brakes, and Tire Tech Place to discuss suspension mods for all models

Steeda Pro action shocks and struts

Search this Thread

Old 1/22/18, 10:12 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Steeda Pro action shocks and struts

Lately I've been seriously considering getting rid of my koni sports for something more comfortable that still inspires confidence in the turns. I've been considering the Steeda pro action shocks and struts to go with my steeda sport springs. I'm also considering Bilstein HDs. Anyone with personal experience would be a great help. I'd love some input.
Old 1/23/18, 06:35 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
Mr. V,

I would love to put you in touch with one of our techs - they can talk to you about the testing, ride quality, etc.

Let me know if you would like to chat with one of them?

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 1/23/18, 06:37 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 114 Likes on 88 Posts
Subb'd. I've never been happy with the ride qualities the Koni yellows have given me.
Old 1/24/18, 06:01 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 776 Likes on 567 Posts
and keep in mind that life time warranty does not mean they will never go bad. My first set of yellows lasted about 50k or 60k miles
Old 1/24/18, 07:55 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Glenn
and keep in mind that life time warranty does not mean they will never go bad. My first set of yellows lasted about 50k or 60k miles
That's something to consider. I've had mine for 75,000 miles. I remember the ride being rough when I first got them. Lol, maybe they worn and I'm just over thinking this.

I'd still like to here opinions about the Bilstein hds or steeda shocks just in case.
Old 1/24/18, 08:55 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
A little background on the Pro Actions:

We try to build the best possible performance shock for a Mustang. We can take the time to test and fine tune our Pro-Actions’ on the street and track, make changes, and re-test until they are dialed in.

We test our shocks at tracks like Sebring which are brutal on suspensions.

That is why we are so confident in their performance. Plus they have a lifetime warranty too.

Awesome!
The ride quality from these are awesome! Its like the best of both worlds. I dont have the time to be playing with adjustments but if I did this is what it would feel like! Sweet ride and nice in the corners!!
Ill see if I can dig up a comparison between the Konis & our shocks.

Thank you,

TJ
Old 1/24/18, 10:12 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by tj@steeda
A little background on the Pro Actions:

We try to build the best possible performance shock for a Mustang. We can take the time to test and fine tune our Pro-Actions’ on the street and track, make changes, and re-test until they are dialed in.

We test our shocks at tracks like Sebring which are brutal on suspensions.

That is why we are so confident in their performance. Plus they have a lifetime warranty too.Ill see if I can dig up a comparison between the Konis & our shocks.

Thank you,

TJ
I'd love to see that comparison. I'm actually really interested in the comfort level of the steeda shocks. I've run Bilstein on 2 different cars and I'm hoping for that kind of European kind of balance of handling and performance in my shock. Is there any Bilstein vs steeda articles out there?
Old 1/25/18, 03:14 PM
Currently a Corvette Owner!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
TJ - how do Steeda Pro Action shocks/struts for 2011-2014 GT compare to Eibach Pro? I have the Eibachs, and the performance is great (occasional track days). But the ride on the street is stiff and rough. Honest opinion please, thanks.
Old 1/26/18, 06:01 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 776 Likes on 567 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. V
That's something to consider. I've had mine for 75,000 miles. I remember the ride being rough when I first got them. Lol, maybe they worn and I'm just over thinking this.

I'd still like to here opinions about the Bilstein hds or steeda shocks just in case.
I should add I replaced the front struts only. the rear shocks seem like they need to be replaced. The warranty on the Konis kind of sucks in that you have to send them your old shocks/sturts for inspection, then they will decide if they are going to replace them or not. The other option is buy replacement from them at half price after you receive them you send the old ones in for inspection. Then they decide if they are going to refund the half price money or charge you the other half if they feel it is appropriate. I have to wonder if you would be better off with some Gabriel or KYB from autozone? At least when one goes bad you can replace it with a lot less hassle.
Old 1/27/18, 11:09 PM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
I have the pro action in the rear only. Love them. Lots more confident than stock. Same level of comfort as stock though.