Suspension, Brakes, and Tire Tech Place to discuss suspension mods for all models

Steeda 3 point Frame Rail and Torque Box Brace

Search this Thread

Old 12/16/12, 02:53 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Steeda 3 point Frame Rail and Torque Box Brace

I have had to put of buying a suspension till February. Emergency expenses and the Christmas monster eating my wallet. I have decided on Steeda Sport Springs and Koni Sport shocks. I will also be getting the Steeda Hd Mounts and pan hard bar.

The Steeda 3 point Frame Rail and Torque Box Brace was recently recommended to me as an addition to my list. I may do Steeda front and rear sways at the same time or shortly after.

My goals are to build a car that handles well and is enjoyable in the twisties. I may track the car once or twice a year. I do search out entertaining roads to drive on to relieve stress. I want my car to feel more sure footed.

I searched and found an older thread that had a few responses. I hoped by starting a new thread I would find some people with first hand experience with this product. I read the reviews on Steeda's site. I would like a little more input from those around here.

If someone is going to read this and post how this is not a sports car and I should buy a different car, please refrain from posting.
Old 12/17/12, 08:18 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First I think it should be stated that the Mustang is a sports car, so no worries there. Secondly I wouldn't suggest Steeda if you can afford something better. It is a little old school but I would suggest Kenny Brown stuff over Steeda. I am not sure if Steeda has many World Challenge series wins they can brag about but I know Kenny Brown/his son Paul Brown can.
Old 12/17/12, 08:27 PM
Cobra R Member

Do you have a link to a website or something I can read so I can feel smarter?
Old 12/17/12, 08:30 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

www.kennybrown.com
Old 12/17/12, 10:04 PM
Cobra R Member

Thank you!
Old 12/18/12, 03:10 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
We have many championships under our belt ...

http://www.steedablog.com/2012/12/st...-championship/

http://www.steedablog.com/2012/11/20...-steeda-parts/

http://www.steedablog.com/2012/10/st...-series-again/

http://www.steedablog.com/2012/10/st...-championship/

Among others won by Dario Orlando, owner & CEO of Steeda Autosport

http://www.themustangnews.com/people...08dario110.htm

Let me know if i can help provide forum pricing for the parts you are seeking. Please email me at tim @ steeda.com

Best Regards,
TJ
Old 12/18/12, 04:20 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by tj@steeda
We have many championships under our belt ...

http://www.steedablog.com/2012/12/st...-championship/

http://www.steedablog.com/2012/11/20...-steeda-parts/

http://www.steedablog.com/2012/10/st...-series-again/

http://www.steedablog.com/2012/10/st...-championship/

Among others won by Dario Orlando, owner & CEO of Steeda Autosport

http://www.themustangnews.com/people...08dario110.htm

Let me know if i can help provide forum pricing for the parts you are seeking. Please email me at tim @ steeda.com

Best Regards,
TJ
Thank you for sharing this. Steeda is very much on my list. I was just hoping to find someone on the site that had actually used this particular item.
Old 12/18/12, 05:15 PM
Currently a Corvette Owner!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts

Best Regards,
TJ
---
Hey TJ. Do you have any photos of these installed?
Old 12/18/12, 08:05 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I will ask the service guys and see what we have available.

I will let you know shortly.

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 12/18/12, 09:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Our cars really don't need those old style frame stiffeners.
Old 12/19/12, 08:52 AM
GT Member

I installed these a couple weeks ago. These tie the rear lower control arm mounting bracket to the frame and chassis and are not full length subframe connectors. I noticed a slight improvement in ride quality but more importantly, I no longer feel the rear axle shifting over bumps or potholes.

I also feel like I can put down power better now (I'm at ~500whp on a base TVS); before the brace, the rear end would kick out slightly under hard acceleration. Since I'm lowered, I attributed some of that to LCA geometry and thought about doing relocation brackets but didn't want to deal with the reduced ground clearance. But now I feel like I don't need to do relocation brackets after the brace; there's less of that rear squat/front lift effect under acceleration.
Old 12/19/12, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by corruptor
I installed these a couple weeks ago. These tie the rear lower control arm mounting bracket to the frame and chassis and are not full length subframe connectors. I noticed a slight improvement in ride quality but more importantly, I no longer feel the rear axle shifting over bumps or potholes.

I also feel like I can put down power better now (I'm at ~500whp on a base TVS); before the brace, the rear end would kick out slightly under hard acceleration. Since I'm lowered, I attributed some of that to LCA geometry and thought about doing relocation brackets but didn't want to deal with the reduced ground clearance. But now I feel like I don't need to do relocation brackets after the brace; there's less of that rear squat/front lift effect under acceleration.
---
What year/model is your car?
Old 12/19/12, 09:38 AM
GT Member

2012 GT
Old 12/19/12, 01:52 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Awesome ... thanks for the review ... we don't have any in house pictures other than what we have on the description.

Hopefully Corruptor can post a picture or 2.

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 12/19/12, 02:46 PM
GT Member

I posted my thoughts on other forums too. Seems like people ask about these and/or other chassis bars quite often. I'll see if I can get a pic once it's not raining - maybe you guys can post it onto your site.
Old 12/19/12, 03:09 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I installed these a couple weeks ago. ...
Id been meaning to ask around about these too, so thanks for the review. I like what Im hearing.
Old 12/19/12, 05:04 PM
Cobra R Member

I like what I've read too. I'm just surprised that it seems no one has bought these. I hoped for more replies.

Last edited by Mr. V; 12/19/12 at 05:41 PM.
Old 12/19/12, 06:23 PM

Awesome ... thanks for the review ... we don't have any in house pictures other than what we have on the description.

Hopefully Corruptor can post a picture or 2.

Best Regards,

TJ
---
TJ - other than the parts desription, can you explain the benefits of installing these on my 2011 GT. Mine is a DD, with 3-4 track days a year (road-race-course, not drag-strip). My mods for the track are: Eibach Pro-System-Plus-Kit (springs, dampers, sway bars), Ford Racing GT500 forged wheels, Ford Racing SVT Brembo brakes, Goodridge steel lines. It's not extreme, because I want the car to drive well on the street, which it does. It sticks great on the track as-is. But, like all Mustang fans, I'm always looking to improve. So, what will these parts do for me?
Old 12/20/12, 07:06 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have them as well. Probably installed them a year or so ago and agree with the quote above. I'm around the same whp and it's not an earth shattering difference, but it was enough for me to want to keep them.

I have only bolted them on so far. I plan on getting them, the CHE drop brackets, and the Axle tubes all welded at once.
Old 12/21/12, 11:15 AM
GT Member

How level do your LCA's sit? Axle side lower? Do you think these would be beneficial on a stock power DD?

Quick Reply: Steeda 3 point Frame Rail and Torque Box Brace