Notices
Suspension, Brakes, and Tire Tech Place to discuss suspension mods for all models

Revised TSB for Lower Control Arm squeak

Search this Thread

Old 7/15/13, 07:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was about to bring my 2013 GT to my dealership for this same reason that everybody is having. Good thing I browse around here first. My left rear shocks had been replaced for bad squeaks on bumps last month at 9K+ miles mark now the fronts are having the same issues at 10K+ miles.

My dealership has excellent service in my area, I'll just have to give them this TSB if they don't know it already.

Thanks for the heads up.
Old 7/15/13, 08:27 AM
GT Member

I have this problem on my 2012 V6 also. I had it repaired last year, and just like everyone else, it came back with the warm weather.
Now it's squeaking like a pirate ship again.

How many miles is my warranty? I can't remember...
Old 7/15/13, 11:10 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
OK Guys, and Gals. I just received an email saying the new TSB has been released. I have ask the Area Rep. if she can send me the TSB # so we can take our cars in, and talk let we are smart people. I'll let you know as soon as I get the number.

hellogreg, It's 3 year/36000 miles.

Last edited by wanted33; 7/15/13 at 11:12 AM.
Old 7/16/13, 07:54 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Uncoolron
I was about to bring my 2013 GT to my dealership for this same reason that everybody is having. Good thing I browse around here first. My left rear shocks had been replaced for bad squeaks on bumps last month at 9K+ miles mark now the fronts are having the same issues at 10K+ miles.

My dealership has excellent service in my area, I'll just have to give them this TSB if they don't know it already.
Thanks for the heads up.
Originally Posted by hellogreg
I have this problem on my 2012 V6 also. I had it repaired last year, and just like everyone else, it came back with the warm weather.
Now it's squeaking like a pirate ship again.
How many miles is my warranty? I can't remember...
Let me get this escalated to the customer service manager of your area, guys. Please PM me with your dealer, mileage, VIN, full name, and best daytime number so I can help. hellogreg, your new-vehicle limited warranty is 3 years or 36,000 miles, and your Powertrain warranty is 5 years or 60,000 miles, whichever comes first.

Originally Posted by wanted33
OK Guys, and Gals. I just received an email saying the new TSB has been released. I have ask the Area Rep. if she can send me the TSB # so we can take our cars in, and talk let we are smart people. I'll let you know as soon as I get the number.
Thank you for the update, wanted33!

Deysha
Old 7/16/13, 11:21 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Here it is....

OK Kiddies, here's the number. TSB 13-7-8. I stopped by my dealer today, and they do have the number in their system. The catch right now is that some parts for this one are not available. Go figure. I'll let you know when the parts are in for the fix.
Old 7/16/13, 01:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm subscribed. I had my B series replaced on 5/3/13 with the C series and they just started squeaking again over speed bumps. I'm not happy...:-(
Old 7/17/13, 07:37 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I gave up on this and installed some polyurethane-bushed arms from Steeda.

Unfortunately, that just made matters worse as the steering rack can't deal with the poly bushings and goes into "fits" where its, well, trying to steer on its own.

I'm going to replace the rack as I don't want to buy a set of the arms from the dealer (I have more than 36k mi), but what a frustrating issue with these cars.
Old 7/17/13, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by FordService
Let me get this escalated to the customer service manager of your area, guys. Please PM me with your dealer, mileage, VIN, full name, and best daytime number so I can help. hellogreg, your new-vehicle limited warranty is 3 years or 36,000 miles, and your Powertrain warranty is 5 years or 60,000 miles, whichever comes first.

Thank you for the update, wanted33!

Deysha
Car was admitted in the dealership this morning already, I PM'd you the information requested.

Thank you very much Deysha.

Ron
Old 7/17/13, 09:30 AM

OK Kiddies, here's the number. TSB 13-7-8. I stopped by my dealer today, and they do have the number in their system. The catch right now is that some parts for this one are not available. Go figure. I'll let you know when the parts are in for the fix.
Thanks, wanted33!

Originally Posted by Trumpetlon
I'm subscribed. I had my B series replaced on 5/3/13 with the C series and they just started squeaking again over speed bumps. I'm not happy...:-(
Let me get this escalated to the customer service manager of your area, Trumperlon. Please PM me with your dealer, mileage, VIN, full name, and best daytime number so I can help.

Car was admitted in the dealership this morning already, I PM'd you the information requested.

Thank you very much Deysha.
Great! I’ll get back to you as soon as possible, Uncoolron.

Deysha
Old 7/17/13, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by FordService
Thanks, wanted33!

Let me get this escalated to the customer service manager of your area, Trumperlon. Please PM me with your dealer, mileage, VIN, full name, and best daytime number so I can help.

Great! I’ll get back to you as soon as possible, Uncoolron.

Deysha
I just picked up the car, both front lower control arms has been replaced per TSB 13-7-8 and aligned per spec. No more squeaks!

Thanks Deysha.
Old 7/18/13, 06:10 AM

I just picked up the car, both front lower control arms has been replaced per TSB 13-7-8 and aligned per spec. No more squeaks!

Thanks Deysha.
That’s great, Uncoolron! You’re very welcome!

Deysha
Old 7/18/13, 07:10 AM

Got my Mustang back yesterday and it is silent once again. First trip in for this both control arms were replaced with C designated parts, this trip the passenger side was a C and the driver side a D. Seeing as this is Texas I'm sure there will be plenty of hot weather to test things.
Old 7/18/13, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by Patman
Got my Mustang back yesterday and it is silent once again. First trip in for this both control arms were replaced with C designated parts, this trip the passenger side was a C and the driver side a D. Seeing as this is Texas I'm sure there will be plenty of hot weather to test things.
Great! Thank you for the update, Patman.

Deysha
Old 7/18/13, 11:22 AM

I should add that the TSB referenced on my work order was the old one and not the newly released TSB.

Also Johnson Sewell Ford in Marble Falls, TX is my dealership and they get nothing by 5 stars from me for both service and sales. I've bought A LOT of Fords in my day from several different dealers and the only place that ranks close to them was a little mom & pop dealership Drager Ford in Georgetown, TX but they are long gone. Davies Ford in SW PA did some service on a OJ Simpson edition Bronco I had when we were on a road trip and they too did a great job. Hopefully everyone has similar dealerships in their area.
Old 7/18/13, 12:40 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Thanks Deysha.
Good deal ron. Sounds like the parts are coming in for the new fix. I'm gonna check with my dealer again next week.
Old 7/18/13, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Patman
I should add that the TSB referenced on my work order was the old one and not the newly released TSB.

Also Johnson Sewell Ford in Marble Falls, TX is my dealership and they get nothing by 5 stars from me for both service and sales. I've bought A LOT of Fords in my day from several different dealers and the only place that ranks close to them was a little mom & pop dealership Drager Ford in Georgetown, TX but they are long gone. Davies Ford in SW PA did some service on a OJ Simpson edition Bronco I had when we were on a road trip and they too did a great job. Hopefully everyone has similar dealerships in their area.
I’ll be more than happy to get this awesome experience documented for you, Patman. PM me with your VIN, dealer, full name, and best daytime number if you want me to do so.

Deysha
Old 7/19/13, 06:08 PM
GT Member

thanks a lot wanted33, this is really good news. I just wander that if the TSB still can't fix the problem what Ford will do after our warranty expires. Will they just leave us alone with the defects or make a recall?
Old 7/19/13, 06:30 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by alfaromeo
thanks a lot wanted33, this is really good news. I just wander that if the TSB still can't fix the problem what Ford will do after our warranty expires. Will they just leave us alone with the defects or make a recall?
Recall would require there being a safety issue. This isn't really a safety thing, more of an annoyance.
Old 7/19/13, 07:41 PM

Good deal ron. Sounds like the parts are coming in for the new fix. I'm gonna check with my dealer again next week.
Yeah, drove in the morning and already they know it's about the TSB once I mentioned front LCAs. They got her done in the afternoon.

Thanks for starting this thread wanted33.
Old 7/20/13, 09:51 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by alfaromeo
Yeah, drove in the morning and already they know it's about the TSB once I mentioned front LCAs. They got her done in the afternoon.

Thanks for starting this thread wanted33.

You are welcome gentlemen. Glad to be of some help.

Quick Reply: Revised TSB for Lower Control Arm squeak