Notices
Suspension, Brakes, and Tire Tech Place to discuss suspension mods for all models

Revised TSB for Lower Control Arm squeak

Search this Thread

Old 7/4/13, 10:17 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've just recently noticed a "creaking" in the suspension. Especially noticeable when I pull out of the driveway, over the little curb, and come home and pull into the driveway. I'm not sure where it's coming from, but it sounds like the whole car suspension is creaking. Maybe it's my control arms. I also notice a pop or thud when i take off slowly from a dead stop. I don't think a car with only 10,000 miles on it should sound so "creaky and groany."

I'll be watching to see when the new TSB comes out.
Old 7/4/13, 11:04 PM
GT Member

Mine has both problems, the pop from a stop has only occurred a couple times - the squeak is constant, it should get repaired next week. 10k on the odo
Old 7/5/13, 08:01 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by wanted33
No problem Deysha. Glad to be of some help. We'll get them fixed up, and ready to go for the summer.
That sounds like a plan!

Originally Posted by Michael Broadway
I've just recently noticed a "creaking" in the suspension. Especially noticeable when I pull out of the driveway, over the little curb, and come home and pull into the driveway. I'm not sure where it's coming from, but it sounds like the whole car suspension is creaking. Maybe it's my control arms. I also notice a pop or thud when i take off slowly from a dead stop. I don't think a car with only 10,000 miles on it should sound so "creaky and groany."
Originally Posted by Earlsays
Mine has both problems, the pop from a stop has only occurred a couple times - the squeak is constant, it should get repaired next week. 10k on the odo
Let me get this escalated to the customer service manager of your areas, guys. Please PM me with your dealer, mileage, VIN, full name, and best daytime number so I can help.

Deysha
Old 7/5/13, 11:08 AM
Cobra Member

See I'd love to get this done. But my local dealer only does oil changes on Saturday and is closed on Sunday. Getting someone to bring me back and forth from work is tough. Looks like I'll have to wait it out to try and find time to bring it in during the week.
Old 7/5/13, 01:34 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 387 Likes on 284 Posts
Originally Posted by Ethanjbeau
See I'd love to get this done. But my local dealer only does oil changes on Saturday and is closed on Sunday. Getting someone to bring me back and forth from work is tough. Looks like I'll have to wait it out to try and find time to bring it in during the week.
Ethan, been there, done that. I difficult to get things done when ones job just doesn't allow the time.

Last edited by wanted33; 7/5/13 at 01:36 PM.
Old 7/6/13, 04:28 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
After reading this thread last week I have been paying more attention to the suspension noises that come from my car. I realized that I have the front end squeak when I go over speed bumps. I also have a lot of clacking, slack noise from the driveline.

Deysha, need some help with figuring out how to get service over here. If that's even possible. I sent you a PM also.

If I can't get service done it looks like I will be saving for the Kenny Brown front LCA's and a 1 piece driveshaft.
Old 7/6/13, 11:23 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Update

Just received an email telling me the new parts are not available as yet. I expected this, as the area Rep. said it would be approx. three weeks before they would have the fix ready. Hoping she is right, and it won't be any longer than that.

Jim
Old 7/8/13, 07:50 AM

You should check if they have a shuttle service or loaners, Ethanjbeau.

Originally Posted by Stevedotmil
After reading this thread last week I have been paying more attention to the suspension noises that come from my car. I realized that I have the front end squeak when I go over speed bumps. I also have a lot of clacking, slack noise from the driveline.

Deysha, need some help with figuring out how to get service over here. If that's even possible. I sent you a PM also.
If I can't get service done it looks like I will be saving for the Kenny Brown front LCA's and a 1 piece driveshaft.
We’ve made arrangements with the Overseas Military Sales Corporation (OMSC) to assist with service-related issues, Stevedotmil. OMSC can help you find a participating service center, which will be able to assist you in administering warranties, Ford Extended Service Plans, recalls and customer satisfaction programs. Please contact them at 1-800-669-6183 or 9-011-49-6173-704-256.

Originally Posted by wanted33
Just received an email telling me the new parts are not available as yet. I expected this, as the area Rep. said it would be approx. three weeks before they would have the fix ready. Hoping she is right, and it won't be any longer than that.

Jim
Thank you for the update, wanted33!

Deysha
Old 7/8/13, 01:32 PM
Cobra Member

After the dealer replaces the LCA are they supposed to align the car?
Old 7/8/13, 05:05 PM
GT Member

After the dealer replaces the LCA are they supposed to align the car?

Yes.
Old 7/8/13, 05:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Just picked my car up from having the front control arm TSB done. Night and day difference the noise is completely gone. Hopefully it stays that way but if not I'll be bringing it back for the revised TSB whenever it comes along.
Old 7/8/13, 05:26 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by MadMoose
Just picked my car up from having the front control arm TSB done. Night and day difference the noise is completely gone. Hopefully it stays that way but if not I'll be bringing it back for the revised TSB whenever it comes along.

That's good news.....I hope it works out! I'm following a bunch of these threads closely while I try and work out a plan to drop my car off at the dealer.

These hot days are the worst for these front LCA's!
Old 7/9/13, 11:29 AM

Awesome news, MadMoose!

Originally Posted by jp1seattle
That's good news.....I hope it works out! I'm following a bunch of these threads closely while I try and work out a plan to drop my car off at the dealer.

These hot days are the worst for these front LCA's!
Be sure to PM me with your info so I can escalate this for you as well, jp1seattle.

Deysha
Old 7/9/13, 01:49 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The 2012 6'er does this now, but with 50,000+ miles, she's out of warranty already...
Old 7/9/13, 01:55 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Keep us updated Mad. I'm hoping the new fix comes in before we leave for our journey west (approx. 5000 miles). If not I may have to get it done with the current TSB.
Old 7/9/13, 02:57 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Thanks for the info Deysha. I will be contacting them once I can get some time during the day. I will post the progress with the overseas Military network situation and how far away the Authorized service center is from me.
Old 7/9/13, 09:05 PM
GT Member

sounds good and hope the new TSB works. My V6 had front LCAs replace around 7000 miles with revision B. The problem comes back with my passenger side at 12000 mile or so. I am waiting the driver side get the noise back then come to dealer to get it done. Otherwise, they don't want to replace both the LCAs even we all believe they will get in trouble sooner or later. I had to make two trips to dealer last time, I will make it one trip this time.
Old 7/10/13, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by 69Mach1-409
The 2012 6'er does this now, but with 50,000+ miles, she's out of warranty already...
I recommend you speak to your dealer about this as soon as possible, 69Mach1-409. This may fall under your Powertrain warranty.

Originally Posted by Stevedotmil
Thanks for the info Deysha. I will be contacting them once I can get some time during the day. I will post the progress with the overseas Military network situation and how far away the Authorized service center is from me.
You’re very welcome, Stevedotmil!

Originally Posted by alfaromeo
sounds good and hope the new TSB works. My V6 had front LCAs replace around 7000 miles with revision B. The problem comes back with my passenger side at 12000 mile or so. I am waiting the driver side get the noise back then come to dealer to get it done. Otherwise, they don't want to replace both the LCAs even we all believe they will get in trouble sooner or later. I had to make two trips to dealer last time, I will make it one trip this time.
Let me know when you make your appointment, alfaromeo.

Deysha
Old 7/13/13, 02:11 PM

I had both of mine replaced about 2 months ago and find my Mustang back in the dealership for round two. They called yesterday to say the replacement parts will be in Tuesday or Wednesday so I seriously hope they are the latest and solve the problem. I'm starting to have flashbacks to the 1999 V10 F250 Super Duty I had which Ford ended up taking back due to a clutch hydraulic system that kept losing pressure. They did end up treating me pretty well on the truck swap but the repeated trips are a PITA. The upside is I do have my 1990 F150 to drive until my Mustang is back next week but the 2@55mph AC isn't cutting it in the Texas summer.

Last edited by Patman; 7/13/13 at 02:12 PM.
Old 7/13/13, 02:24 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

No updates this week folks. I was hoping to hear something, but alas no word.

Quick Reply: Revised TSB for Lower Control Arm squeak