Notices
Suspension, Brakes, and Tire Tech Place to discuss suspension mods for all models

Please tell me this noise is normal for suspension?

Search this Thread

Old 7/22/13, 02:21 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please tell me this noise is normal for suspension?

So this weekend I got out in the OK heat and decided to install my suspension. Koni STRt, Steeda Sports, MM camber plates and a BMR panhard. Everything seemed to go on fine but I need to know if this noise is normal or not. The only way I can describe it is like this: You know how when you're driving down a concrete highway and you hit the joints in the road, and you hear that "thud" in the cabin? Its like that. Its not a clunk or bang like anything is loose, it just seems like every bump or small hole, I hear that tight thud through the cabin? Is that just from the plates? I knew there would be added noise going from the stock tires to 255/35/20 up front and the plates, just looking to see if its normal. Thanks!
Old 7/22/13, 02:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's normal. I can hear ducks in my front end over every little bump. That is an example of something that isn't normal.
Old 7/23/13, 09:02 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by TxAg98
So this weekend I got out in the OK heat and decided to install my suspension. Koni STRt, Steeda Sports, MM camber plates and a BMR panhard. Everything seemed to go on fine but I need to know if this noise is normal or not. The only way I can describe it is like this: You know how when you're driving down a concrete highway and you hit the joints in the road, and you hear that "thud" in the cabin? Its like that. Its not a clunk or bang like anything is loose, it just seems like every bump or small hole, I hear that tight thud through the cabin? Is that just from the plates? I knew there would be added noise going from the stock tires to 255/35/20 up front and the plates, just looking to see if its normal. Thanks!
Hi TxAg98,

You should have it checked out at your dealer and speaking to your Service Manager about this. He/She is in the best position to look into this for you. He/she can check into any warranty, assistance, recalls, or Customer Satisfaction Programs that may apply to your vehicle. Let me know the outcome.

Deysha