Notices
Suspension, Brakes, and Tire Tech Place to discuss suspension mods for all models

Non adjustable shock/strut recommendation?

Search this Thread

Old 7/11/13, 09:47 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Non adjustable shock/strut recommendation?

Got my wheels and tires in, getting ready to pull the trigger on suspension. The car will never see the track, so Im just going with the Eibach prokit. Any recommendations either way on either the Eibach dampers or the Koni oranges? Yellows arent in the budget.
Old 7/11/13, 10:17 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
Steeda has a set that will do the job ... many consumers that have them installed enjoy their ride quality.

http://www.steeda.com/store/steeda-1...ks-struts.html

Exceptional ride quality
Better ride than competing brands
Engineered & manufactured to exceed OE standards
Great for street and track action!

All with a lifetime warranty against manufacturer defects!

Please let me know if I can help answer any questions or put you in touch with a sales professional.

You can reach me at tim@steeda.com.

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 7/11/13, 10:27 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
I have the Koni sports but run them at fill soft. From what I have been told, this feels just about the same as the strt Konis. I love the feel of the car now. I would recommend them for your car. I've owned tokico for previous cars. They make a good shock but there customer service seemed lacking to me. While steeda struts I believe are made by tokico, steeda offers great service. If it was my dollar, I'd buy the Koni oranges with steeda a close second.
Old 7/11/13, 12:26 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Mr. V
I have the Koni sports but run them at fill soft. From what I have been told, this feels just about the same as the strt Konis. I love the feel of the car now. I would recommend them for your car. I've owned tokico for previous cars. They make a good shock but there customer service seemed lacking to me. While steeda struts I believe are made by tokico, steeda offers great service. If it was my dollar, I'd buy the Koni oranges with steeda a close second.
^^this. I'm about to get the Koni Str.t. I've rode in two different mustangs one with Koni yellows on full soft and one with a steeda setup. I felt the one with Koni had a better ride for a DD which is why I'm going for the Str.t which is the same as the yellows on full soft. The steeda one was not as good of a ride but not bad by any stretch. I would say close second also. The rest of my suspension will be Steeda tho!!
Old 7/11/13, 03:14 PM
Cobra Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I don't know what year car you have, but if it's a 2011+, I would get something other than the Koni Strt's. The Koni's are made for 2005-2010, and the top of the shock protruddes quite a ways beyond the top of the strut tower (on my '12). I can't help but think the guys that did it for me (before I got an appropriate floor jack) neglected to put the necessary spacers in...

The Steeda kit's way bars aren't adjustable (at least, the rear one isn't).

You can always piece your setup together from various manufacturers. That's what I've done - I have parts from Steeda, FRPP, Whiteline, Koni, and Eibach under my car, and next weekend, I'll have a Fays2 watts link as well.

I think this is the best approach because one manufacturer might not have a kit with EVERYTHING in it that you want/need (sway bars, for example).
Old 7/11/13, 03:26 PM
V6 Member

Its a 2014 GT. Id just need to run 05-10 style upper strut mounts or camber plates to make them fit correct?

Last edited by TxAg98; 7/11/13 at 03:28 PM.
Old 7/11/13, 03:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Just did the pro-kit with Bilstein shocks & struts...
Old 7/11/13, 03:35 PM
Bullitt Member

another vote for the koni str.t's. I just had them installed this past weekend with the gt500 mounts, frpp k springs (1.5 inch drop) and a bmr panhard bar and it TOTALLY transformed the car. Its stance is liek it should be and the shocks/struts ride like a dream. It is a little firmer then the track pack suspension but i love it. Highly recommend the konis. Jay from hypermotive has a great deal on the konis.

Last edited by joey8; 7/11/13 at 03:37 PM.