Notices
Suspension, Brakes, and Tire Tech Place to discuss suspension mods for all models

Ford Dynamic Shock/Struts, P Springs

Old 8/7/15, 09:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ford Dynamic Shock/Struts, P Springs

I finally finished up my suspension. From American Muscle I got the Ford dynamic shocks, struts, GT500 mounts, eibach camber bolts, P Springs, and kept my Whiteline panhard bar. So far the ride is fantastic. I had K springs on for a little over a year and ended really disliking the car sitting that low in addition to the way it felt with those springs. The P spring height is absolutely perfect for me. I will post before/after pics this weekend as a follow up.
Old 8/8/15, 08:44 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Congrats on your new set up. What shocks & struts did you have with your K springs? I'm at a 1 inch drop right now, thinking about lowering a little more, but I don't wanna screw up the ride.
Old 8/8/15, 02:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by BackroadGT
Congrats on your new set up. What shocks & struts did you have with your K springs? I'm at a 1 inch drop right now, thinking about lowering a little more, but I don't wanna screw up the ride.
Thanks. I went the cheap route and was on stock shocks/struts. There was actually nothing wrong with the shocks/struts after a year and a half. What I did notice (and not many people mention this) is that the car felt "off" during shifting, cornering, acceleration. This was most likely due to the geometry being off from still having the stock shocks/struts. (guessing here) Also, the drop is actually more than 1.5" after the car settled on the K springs. Now the car rides like a dream. It is perfect. Turns at 60mph feel the same as 30mph...very precise. Shifting also feels better. Sounds strange but the difference is apparent. I also don't have to fear speed bumps anymore haha. Definitely do everything at once if you go low. Also with the K springs your front wheels will have a noticeable negative camber.

Last edited by Last1; 8/8/15 at 02:20 PM.
Old 8/8/15, 02:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Last1
Thanks. I went the cheap route and was on stock shocks/struts. There was actually nothing wrong with the shocks/struts after a year and a half. What I did notice (and not many people mention this) is that the car felt "off" during shifting, cornering, acceleration. This was most likely due to the geometry being off from still having the stock shocks/struts. (guessing here) Also, the drop is actually more than 1.5" after the car settled on the K springs. Now the car rides like a dream. It is perfect. Turns at 60mph feel the same as 30mph...very precise. Shifting also feels better. Sounds strange but the difference is apparent. I also don't have to fear speed bumps anymore haha. Definitely do everything at once if you go low. Also with the K springs your front wheels will have a noticeable negative camber.
Yeah, your stock shocks & struts, just aren't a good match for those springs. Sounds like you got the right set up now. Thanks for your feedback on your experiences, enjoy!
Old 8/8/15, 08:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Some comparison photos and the new setup on the bottom. Stock on top, then K springs, then the new setup with the P Springs, Ford dynamic shocks/struts, GT500 mounts, Eibach Camber bolts, Whiteline panhard bar. It's hard to tell a difference between the K and P springs, but my wheels are also different with a different width and offset. Looking back...it's funny how goofy the stock height is.
Attached Thumbnails Ford Dynamic Shock/Struts, P Springs-img_0508.jpg   Ford Dynamic Shock/Struts, P Springs-img_2556.jpg  

Last edited by Last1; 8/8/15 at 08:54 PM.
Old 8/8/15, 10:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Looks great! You should post the photos in the" latest pictures" thread.
Old 8/9/15, 06:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by BackroadGT
Looks great! You should post the photos in the" latest pictures" thread.
Thanks I'll take some better pics without the cell phone and post 'em.
Old 9/5/15, 01:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Last1
Some comparison photos and the new setup on the bottom. Stock on top, then K springs, then the new setup with the P Springs, Ford dynamic shocks/struts, GT500 mounts, Eibach Camber bolts, Whiteline panhard bar. It's hard to tell a difference between the K and P springs, but my wheels are also different with a different width and offset. Looking back...it's funny how goofy the stock height is.
Looks great! I have a '14 GT/CS vert and I am considering SVE Drift or the same AMR wheels you have. I would like to drop slightly but my biggest concern is I just barely clear park stops now with the front splitter. Have you had any clearance issues since you dropped yours?