Notices
Suspension, Brakes, and Tire Tech Place to discuss suspension mods for all models

Adjustable Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 7/9/12, 09:04 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's too bad that you feel that way. I can see why some people might think he's short with them, but that's just Sam. I certainly never felt like he was condescending when I spoke to him. Been on the phone with him many times for 10-20 minutes or more and he's always seemed willing to discuss setup with me in great detail. Ask him a question and he will answer... and he'll never try to sell you something you don't need.
Old 7/9/12, 08:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mikeyt03

He seemed very short, condescending, and annoyed that I had questions. I've actually heard this same thing from a whole lot of people too. I don't know if that's how you like being spoken to or not. If so that's great. He also told me he was so busy he didn't know when he could answer the phone next. Huge red flag right there. I guess it works for some people. But I like to spend money with company's, in my opinion, that are a little more established.
I agree with you, called him about a warranty claim on Koni's and he seemed to be short with me. I don't take it personally since I can imagine he is a busy man. Before my purchase he spend nearly 30 min on the phone, post purchase different story. But he is the best man for the job, he'll get my business again.
Old 7/30/12, 06:26 PM
V6 Member

The guy was a complete ******* from the second he answered the phone. Even after I admitted I knew little about suspension and was coming to him for guidance, describing what I was looking to do, he was just a complete *****. He will not have my business, I will just buy the FRPP package and call it a day.
Old 7/30/12, 07:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by LostGeographer
The guy was a complete ******* from the second he answered the phone. Even after I admitted I knew little about suspension and was coming to him for guidance, describing what I was looking to do, he was just a complete *****. He will not have my business, I will just buy the FRPP package and call it a day.
Yep...exactly what I thought too. Check out steeda though, they have a much more friendly approach and give really good advice based on your goals.
Old 7/30/12, 07:56 PM
V6 Member

I guess it can't hurt, I have already put it off nearly a month waiting for this guy... I will try and give Steeda a call tomorrow during my lunch.
Old 7/31/12, 03:45 AM
Bullitt Member

sounds all too familiar... I tried to contact him a few weeks ago at least 3 times making sure it was not during his race schedules which he kindly advertised for us customers. I finally got a call back but I was on the other line. His message seemed irritated... to be talking to MY friggin answer machine

+1 on Steeda, Ive been buying parts from them of lately
Old 7/31/12, 07:28 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LostGeographer
I guess it can't hurt, I have already put it off nearly a month waiting for this guy... I will try and give Steeda a call tomorrow during my lunch.
Sent you a PM. I'd be glad to help!

Last edited by SteedaBrandon; 7/31/12 at 08:24 AM.
Old 8/1/12, 10:23 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by autobred
sounds all too familiar... I tried to contact him a few weeks ago at least 3 times making sure it was not during his race schedules which he kindly advertised for us customers. I finally got a call back but I was on the other line. His message seemed irritated... to be talking to MY friggin answer machine

+1 on Steeda, Ive been buying parts from them of lately
Yup. Sounds like Strano parts.

Appreciate the guy's info, but if you expect a certain level of attention that's what other places are for.

Last edited by JPMotorSport; 8/1/12 at 10:26 AM.
Old 8/1/12, 12:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Everybody wants their cake and eat it to. Compromise is an unfortunate fact of life. Getting the stiffest straight weight springs you can live with should be your first decision. Then getting shocks that will control the rebound comes next. I you're doing autocross conventional style shocks work well in short bursts. In longer events you want something that can shed more heat so mono tube coilovers becomes more attractive.