Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

You don't have to wait for MMP, check out the Who's the Boss track experience!

Search this Thread

Old 9/26/11, 04:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks everyone for coming out to play in our back yard. It was a great group. I hope everyone enjoyed themselves. Remember, you are all welcome back anytime. Garages for sale or rent to store your cars and stay trackside. Almost always something going on, just check the MPH website or call George/Casey to set up something special.

Next year, I promise to have another Ford in the garage to ensure my dad has something to drive with us. Gary, watch out!
Old 9/26/11, 04:49 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 2012B2LS
Next year, I promise to have another Ford in the garage to ensure my dad has something to drive with us. Gary, watch out!
Ruh roh. I have a feeling this is going to require a significant appropriation from the bank of Theresa. And you think it's tough asking for $25-$100 million
Old 9/26/11, 06:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Trick question... What color?
Old 9/26/11, 07:25 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by JScheier
New or used?
Old 9/27/11, 07:49 AM
Bullitt Member

I wasn't at work yesterday, so didn't have time to post.

What a great weekend! George and Casy put on a great event. No doubt Gary and Todd's involvmemt also made it an outstanding weekend.
Sponsors chipped in for the theater, and meals. Track workers kept everything running smooth and kept us safe--timing, grid, corner workers, ambulance, and I'm sure other people working that I wasn't even aware of.

And all the Mustang classics for the car show were great to drool over.

Hanging out with a bunch Mustang and Boss owners for the weekend was outstanding. Can't wait for the 2nd Annual.

I'll post some action photos, hopefully this evening.
Old 9/27/11, 08:18 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by SD GT

What a great weekend! George and Casy put on a great event. No doubt Gary and Todd's involvmemt also made it an outstanding weekend.
Sponsors chipped in for the theater, and meals. Track workers kept everything running smooth and kept us safe--timing, grid, corner workers, ambulance, and I'm sure other people working that I wasn't even aware of.

Hanging out with a bunch Mustang and Boss owners for the weekend was outstanding. Can't wait for the 2nd Annual.

Wayne, could not agree more. Was a great time for all the owners represented at the event. I am sure it will be even better next year! We really had fun in our run group.

Thanks everyone for coming out to play in our back yard. It was a great group. I hope everyone enjoyed themselves. Remember, you are all welcome back anytime. Garages for sale or rent to store your cars and stay trackside. Almost always something going on, just check the MPH website or call George/Casey to set up something special.

Yea, yea, Gary, I hear you. I want to see you pull the trigger! Hope it happens and your dad has a Frod product to drive next year!

Originally Posted by JScheier
John, I think I know the answer but will let Todd reveal. Bottom line....it will not really matter! Every color is awesomely fast.
Old 9/27/11, 09:51 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by SD GT

Wayne I saw the timing results George posted this morning and was really impressed with your lap time. You really flew up the learning curve transitioning from your 2010 GT. I am guessing at least a 10 second improvment?
Old 9/27/11, 07:07 PM

Thanks to George, Casey, all the track workers, Woodhouse Ford, Todd, and especially Gary for getting the bug to get this whole event organized in the first place.

It was a great time, and I'll be back for the 2nd annual event.

Guess I'm pretty pleased with my track times, since this was essentially my 3rd full track weekend ever - 2 with the SGT, and one with the new SPJ, all this summer. Guess I've been having so much fun on the track, I'd forgotten it's been such a short learning curve. Have to give props to my instructors from the 1st 2 weekends of track time, including John's helpful instruction in August.

Gary, do you know where the action shots are going to be posted? I saw what looked like a photographer (as opposed to a spectator with a camera) taking pics of us on the track all weekend.
Old 9/27/11, 07:28 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by bandit67
Thanks to George, Casey, all the track workers, Woodhouse Ford, Todd, and especially Gary for getting the bug to get this whole event organized in the first place.

It was a great time, and I'll be back for the 2nd annual event.

Guess I'm pretty pleased with my track times, since this was essentially my 3rd full track weekend ever - 2 with the SGT, and one with the new SPJ, all this summer. Guess I've been having so much fun on the track, I'd forgotten it's been such a short learning curve. Have to give props to my instructors from the 1st 2 weekends of track time, including John's helpful instruction in August.

Gary, do you know where the action shots are going to be posted? I saw what looked like a photographer (as opposed to a spectator with a camera) taking pics of us on the track all weekend.
Hey Ed I sent a note off to George with your question about the photographer.
Old 9/27/11, 08:08 PM
JBG

I would have posted earlier but there was a slight delay in Gallup NM Either way I returned safely to AZ and can honestly say that the event was worth every mile driven. Special thanks to George, Casey and of course, Gary. I'm looking forward to the trek to NE next year
Old 9/27/11, 08:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Here's some pics I can contribute:

Gary setting up for the front straight

Todd in the LS

John staying cool with his racing hood--man that looked great!

Josh's white Boss - drove faster than me by 1 second, stock car except brake fluid, and his first day at the track. He's a natural. White looks awesome in person. Pics don't do it justice.

Ed in his Saleen

Group 2 to the grid! A couple other cars ran with us too, but was fun having 4 Boss's in a group.

Me turning onto the front stretch

A well-modified GT, and very capable driver on the front straight

Mercury Cougar beating up the track
Old 9/27/11, 08:32 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by JBG
I would have posted earlier but there was a slight delay in Gallup NM Either way I returned safely to AZ and can honestly say that the event was worth every mile driven. Special thanks to George, Casey and of course, Gary. I'm looking forward to the trek to NE next year
Great seeing you again John! Your Boss looked great and is very well set up for the track. Hope it wasn't one of these in your rear view mirror that held you up in Gallup
Old 9/27/11, 08:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by cloud9
Wayne I saw the timing results George posted this morning and was really impressed with your lap time. You really flew up the learning curve transitioning from your 2010 GT. I am guessing at least a 10 second improvement?
Gary, just saw them also. Thanks for the kind words.
Yes, Sunday was a good day. Went from Saturday's 1:52 and 1:51 down to the 1:47s. Was shooting for 1:49, so beat my goal.
Showing up with 5 days of track experience and only one in the Boss means I'm new to this game.
Getting better because of all the great help from fellow Mustang and Boss friends.
Can't wait for next year.
Old 9/27/11, 08:45 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Thanks for sharing the photos guys. What was the scoop on the Cougar, was it an Eliminator? How modified was it?

Old 9/27/11, 08:51 PM
JBG

Great seeing you again John! Your Boss looked great and is very well set up for the track. Hope it wasn't one of these in your rear view mirror that held you up in Gallup
Well...not exactly. Just a pothole the size of a small village that took out the 2 front tires of the trailer. With all the flying tread, it managed to take out the trailer wires. No running lights doesn't make LE happy.
Old 9/27/11, 08:52 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Downloaded the pics from the wife's camera

Some good shots of the condos

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Big Blue

Heading out

Heading down the front straight

Our good buddy George

Old 9/27/11, 08:55 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by JBG
Well...not exactly. Just a pothole the size of a small village that took out the 2 front tires of the trailer. With all the flying tread, it managed to take out the trailer wires. No running lights doesn't make LE happy.
Wow you do have some rough roads out there. A ticket might have been cheaper
Old 9/27/11, 08:58 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
Thanks for sharing the photos guys. What was the scoop on the Cougar, was it an Eliminator? How modified was it?

It was two brothers, really good young guys. I couldn't begin to tell you all that they did to that car, but it was pretty impressive. They were tweaking and changing things after every session. It was his first time on an autocross the day before and on a road course Sat afternoon and Sunday. He was doing really well but I spent more time working with him on driving versus talking about the car.
Old 9/27/11, 09:05 PM
JBG

Wow you do have some rough roads out there. A ticket might have been cheaper
That is true but for those going WB on I-40, stay in the left lane at Exit 20/Munoz Blvd. The results could have been worse in the Boss. The Love truck stop was familiar with that road damage and was thankful for all the business it provided them
Old 9/27/11, 11:20 PM
GT Member

So, how were temps at the track? Did anybody have problems with overheating? Did anybody have aftermarket grilles and did they help?

Quick Reply: You don't have to wait for MMP, check out the Who's the Boss track experience!