Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Wait for ordered LS or find Competition Orange standard car?

Search this Thread

Old 4/21/11, 06:25 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jza1736
Mine is a kona Q2 but I won't be trading it. Too much of a loss. I guess it's easier when you work for a dealership
Did you get a vin and date yet?

Yep. Schedule date is 5/6 IIRC. I don't get as wrapped up about the exact dates as some

It'll get here when it's built and shipped
Old 4/21/11, 07:52 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MrBonus
I've been battling with this idea for a few weeks. When I started hunting for a Boss, I originally wanted a CO/Recaro car. I love the color and I think the LS is largely overkill, even as a track junkie.

The only car I was able to find at MSRP was my LS so I ended up jumping on it. However, like many of you, my car is still unscheduled despite being 2Q car and I have a sneaking suspicion that I won't see it until late summer. Track season is beginning and I have no car to drive and I'm absolutely going crazy waiting.

Should I start hunting for the car I originally wanted or just wait for the rarer, more sought after car?

I feel like I'm waiting simply because I know it was pure luck that I even found an LS allocation. I figure the resale will be higher and for how I will use it (weekends and HPDEs), it makes more sense but I really am in love with the Competition Orange and $4000 in cost difference buys a lot of track time.
For mostly the same reasons, I bought the CO/BK, which I personally like the best of all color combos. I could get it right away, and with the Recaro/Torsen, brake cooling kit and trans cooling scoop I think it's 99% of the LS performance-wise. Put R-comps on it and it almost certainly is so I didn't want to wait and am putting the extra 5k into race rubber, pads and track time. I'm not feeling any regrets at all, even though I initially thought I'd feel like I "settled".
Old 4/21/11, 08:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MrBonus

The gauge cluster, cooling scoop, and brake ducts I do want. I think the suspension is overrated given that even at an advanced run group, you're probably not going to be able to lap one car faster than the other given similar tire compounds.

I'm still not 100% but I'll let you know if I pass on my LS allocation. You're welcome to it.
Don't forget, the LS comes with better and more expensive rubber and better wheel weight/widths. Part of the $5000. If you are really going to track it, why don't you want the brake and trans cooling?
Old 4/21/11, 08:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 2012B2LS
Don't forget, the LS comes with better and more expensive rubber and better wheel weight/widths. Part of the $5000. If you are really going to track it, why don't you want the brake and trans cooling?
I do want both of those. I can add them after purchase. If you're serious about tracking, there are going to be better 18" options out there that won't carry the oppressive $2206 replacement cost of the OEM Corsas.
Old 4/21/11, 08:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by cloud9
For mostly the same reasons, I bought the CO/BK, which I personally like the best of all color combos. I could get it right away, and with the Recaro/Torsen, brake cooling kit and trans cooling scoop I think it's 99% of the LS performance-wise. Put R-comps on it and it almost certainly is so I didn't want to wait and am putting the extra 5k into race rubber, pads and track time. I'm not feeling any regrets at all, even though I initially thought I'd feel like I "settled".
I think you and I think alike on this. I love the CO, I plan to track it, but I'm afraid of feeling like I settled. It's good to hear you are loving the car.