Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

TracKey available!?

Search this Thread

Old 8/5/11, 05:21 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by black_bullitt

Maybe... it shows a glimmer of hope. Maybe the boss is next?
Fingers crossed
Old 8/5/11, 11:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Big Vito
Fingers crossed
Mine too!

Nearest FRPP dealer to me is in Weatherford, TX (2-2.5 hrs east of me). I am taking some leave and going TDY to AL. It'd be great if the tune was available so I could stop by the dealership on the way back from AL.

Btw, I reserved a new lic plate combo for when I register it in AL. "TRACKEY"
Obsessed?
Old 8/5/11, 11:07 PM
Cobra R Member

Mine too!

Nearest FRPP dealer to me is in Weatherford, TX (2-2.5 hrs east of me). I am taking some leave and going TDY to AL. It'd be great if the tune was available so I could stop by the dealership on the way back from AL.

Obsessed?
I don't think it has to be done at a FRPP dealer
Old 8/5/11, 11:09 PM

I coulda swore I've read that (multiple times) in the abyss of TracKey posts here.
It'd certainly be a small blessing to be able to drive 6 miles down the road to have it loaded.
Old 8/5/11, 11:18 PM
Cobra R Member

I coulda swore I've read that (multiple times) in the abyss of TracKey posts here.
It'd certainly be a small blessing to be able to drive 6 miles down the road to have it loaded.
I can't remember where I read, I could be wrong if I am the nearest dealer is 5 minutes away
Old 8/6/11, 01:31 PM
GT Member

Mine too!

Obsessed?
Just FYI, That Stealership is full of ****** that think you owe them before you even walk in the door................
I live in Weatherford and have tryed to deal with them on several accounts with no luck!
I am sure I will have to use them for my Track Key but that is as far as I will go
Old 8/6/11, 06:16 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by c6dreamvette
Just FYI, That Stealership is full of ****** that think you owe them before you even walk in the door................
I live in Weatherford and have tryed to deal with them on several accounts with no luck!
I am sure I will have to use them for my Track Key but that is as far as I will go
Really? I am getting my LS from Southwest Ford at MSRP. Finally got my build date of 08/15 with an ETA of 08/28. It has taken forever to get the car but other than that I have absolutely no complaints. Of course I don't actually have the car yet so they could turn around and try to pull something before I actually receive it.
Old 8/6/11, 08:41 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by ApexCars
Really? I am getting my LS from Southwest Ford at MSRP. Finally got my build date of 08/15 with an ETA of 08/28. It has taken forever to get the car but other than that I have absolutely no complaints. Of course I don't actually have the car yet so they could turn around and try to pull something before I actually receive it.
I will give you one of the run in's I have had with with them........
I was told they had a allocation for a boss, I told them give me a week to sleep on it. One week later I called the sales rep and told him I want the car, That day after work I went in to order the car and put down a deposit.
When I arrived the sales rep told me they lost the allocation but the FORD Rep was there with the sales mgr, I told the sales rep please let me talk to the Sales Mgr and explain I want to put a deposit to to hold the car. After the sales rep returned he said the mgr is comming down stairs, when he did I did not even get a second look. The sales mgr just walked right by me (strike 1)
One week later I was contacted that they some how got the allocation back! I said great I want the car and will be in today. Ten minutes later I get a call that they need 5k over msrp (Strike 2)

Two weeks later I get a call, we have a Boss in not sold! I take off work right then and there to go to the dealership. When I get there we walk around the lot for 20 min looking for the car then end up walking up to a Grabber Blue GT. I said are you serious this is a GT and don't call again!

I have a few friends that also live in Weatherford that have much worse stories.............

So good luck I hope all is well for you
Old 8/7/11, 07:42 PM
Bullitt Member

I had this confirmed today. Any Ford dealer can program the Trackey when it is available.
Old 8/7/11, 08:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Dean#4AI
Dave Pericak just announced at the Boss Reunion that Trackey has been approved and should hit the dealerships soon. He didn't give an exact time frame but at least approved!

I knew it was too good to be true. Sorry for spreading this but I figured Dave would know what is going on.

Well, I talked to a Ford Engineer today and asked him about Dave's statement about Trackey. The look on his face was priceless but not in a good way. He said that Trackey had not been approved and is not sure why Dave would have said that.

He did guarantee that when the Trackey is approved, dealers will be able to install it the next day. Also, any dealer can install it.

Sorry again.
Old 8/7/11, 08:15 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Well wtf
Old 8/7/11, 08:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Old 8/7/11, 11:13 PM

He did guarantee that when the Trackey is approved, dealers will be able to install it the next day. Also, any dealer can install it.
Well that's a bit of good news, for me anyways. Thanks for keeping us up to date with accurate info.
Old 8/8/11, 07:08 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 1FAFP90
How long does it take to update the Ford Service Network Server?? I would think it should just be a matter of hours, or overnight update...

Yup.
Old 8/8/11, 08:09 AM
Cobra Member

I knew it was too good to be true. Sorry for spreading this but I figured Dave would know what is going on.

Well, I talked to a Ford Engineer today and asked him about Dave's statement about Trackey. The look on his face was priceless but not in a good way. He said that Trackey had not been approved and is not sure why Dave would have said that.

Sorry again.
No reason for you to be sorry, When I hear news from those who have credibility, I pass it on,,,SO,,,Please, lay any news you get on us-->