2012-2013 BOSS 302

TracKey available!?

Search this Thread

Old 7/26/11, 12:38 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by phytrpilot

Like I said Amigo, I don't use diesel in my Boss. I'm guessing you are in CA?
You missed the point amico, Texas is a CARB state, post a link saying it isn't.
Old 7/26/11, 12:50 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Big Vito
You missed the point amico, Texas is a CARB state, post a link saying it isn't.
It's Carb for diesel emissions, not gasoline powered vehicles. And it's amigo, bro! What has ethanol done other than create another government taxpayer soaking to increase global food prices? Nada my friend. It costs more to produce, refine and transport ethanol than any possible benefit could be derived by commuters. I'm not trying to get personal on this exchange, it is what it is. I'm signing off.
Old 7/26/11, 01:01 AM
Cobra R Member

It's Carb for diesel emissions, not gasoline powered vehicles. And it's amigo, bro! What has ethanol done other than create another government taxpayer soaking to increase global food prices? Nada my friend. It costs more to produce, refine and transport ethanol than any possible benefit could be derived by commuters. I'm not trying to get personal on this exchange, it is what it is. I'm signing off.
Goodnight my CARB amico

http://info.sos.state.tx.us/pls/pub/readtac$ext.TacPage?sl=R&app=9&p_dir=&p_rloc=&p_tl oc=&p_ploc=&pg=1&p_tac=&ti=30&pt=1&ch=115&rl=242

Old 7/26/11, 09:38 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
Hey 4pipes and awesome members,

I got word today that there is no set date yet, as they are waiting on CARB approval. Hopefully by the end of summer… which ends September 21st.

Deysha
RATS!

Hope the CARB changes don't de-tune it too bad.
Old 7/26/11, 11:51 PM
Cobra Member

Goodnight my CARB amico

http://info.sos.state.tx.us/pls/pub/readtac$ext.TacPage?sl=R&app=9&p_dir=&p_rloc=&p_tl oc=&p_ploc=&pg=1&p_tac=&ti=30&pt=1&ch=115&rl=242

And apple pie here
Old 7/27/11, 08:40 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
All I know is we have no sniffers here. No Carb standard is enforced.

I was told that it depends on the county you are in, in Texas. They said
we cant pass CARB standards in all counties due to the pollution from Mexico's air.

All would fail in that area & Feds recognize this.

Or so I was told. No sniffers here in South Texas for reg cars. They dont even pop your hood or look at your exhaust for inspection purposes....Unless its WAY to loud.

From what I understand, Houston & Dallas does have them as my Bro moans all the time about it (Dallas).

There are more CFC's emitted in one Volcano eruption that man has made in human history....but thats a whole diff argument.

Im just curious....does anyone have a picture of the red key??
Old 7/27/11, 09:27 AM
Mach 1 Member

Old 7/27/11, 12:03 PM
GT Member

Goodnight my CARB amico

I couldn't get that url to work, but as others have said, the STATE of Texas is non-carb but various counties are. The most populated counties do stick the wand up your tailpipe but they don't check your engine for mods. As long as it passes the sniffer test it passes. I live on the border of two counties. One has CARB and one does not. I know a lot of people who will register their cars to a farm or business that they have in a neighboring county so they won't have the extra expense of the sniffer test every year.

Also, it is amigo not amico.
Old 7/27/11, 12:19 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by ApexCars

I couldn't get that url to work, but as others have said, the STATE of Texas is non-carb but various counties are. The most populated counties do stick the wand up your tailpipe but they don't check your engine for mods. As long as it passes the sniffer test it passes. I live on the border of two counties. One has CARB and one does not. I know a lot of people who will register their cars to a farm or business that they have in a neighboring county so they won't have the extra expense of the sniffer test every year.

Also, it is amigo not amico.
Amico
Old 7/27/11, 04:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

This thread looks like the whole Russian army walked through it with sh*t on their boots!
Old 7/27/11, 07:52 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 4pipes
This thread looks like the whole Russian army walked through it with sh*t on their boots!
Very true
Old 7/27/11, 08:56 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
LOCK THE THREAD, JESUS
Old 7/27/11, 09:13 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by 06GT
LOCK THE THREAD, JESUS
This

Last edited by Big Vito; 7/27/11 at 09:21 PM.
Old 7/27/11, 09:27 PM
Cobra Member

The corn used for ethanol production is field corn typically used to feed livestock, not the sweet corn marketed for human consumption. Nearly 40% of the nation’s ethanol production capacity is farmer-owned
Dry-mill production also results in solid byproducts known as distillers grains and solubles (DGS), which can be dried and used to feed livestock. In some plants close to cattle feedlots, the grains can be fed wet to livestock, avoiding the need for drying and saving both energy and money. The wet-mill process, which begins by soaking the grain in water and acid, generally produces corn oil, corn gluten meal (to feed poultry), and sweeteners in addition to ethanol. Wet mills tend to be much larger than dry mills.
The two largest variables in the cost of ethanol are the cost of corn and the cost of natural gas or other sources of heat needed to process the mixture. When corn costs $2 a bushel, it costs between $1 and $1.20 to make a gallon of ethanol. Because ethanol has only two-thirds the energy content of gasoline, that’s equivalent to $1.50-$1.80 per gallon of gasoline (wholesale), or $50-$60 per barrel of oil. At that price of corn, ethanol is competitive with gasoline with the current subsidy for gasoline blenders when oil costs $30 a barrel or more. It is economically competitive with gasoline without a subsidy when oil costs $50 a barrel or more.
The federal government provides a tax incentive to gasoline blenders (not ethanol producers) to encourage the use of ethanol. This subsidy affects how ethanol’s competitiveness with gasoline. For example, gasoline blends containing 10% ethanol earn a tax credit of 5.1 cents per gallon. In effect, the blenders can pay up to 51 cents more for a gallon of ethanol than the equivalent amount of gasoline and still break even. This tax break is called the Volumetric Ethanol Excise Tax Credit. Its cost to the government ($2.5 billion in 2006) is offset by savings in crop payments to farmers. In 2006 high corn prices caused by ethanol demand reduced farm support payments by roughly $6 billion.
Corn growers receive government support if the price of corn falls below a certain level, which encourages production. High levels of production keep the market price low, making ethanol more economically competitive by reducing the cost of corn. On the other hand, ethanol production reduces farm payments because the increased demand for corn causes its price to rise. (It also increases taxable farm income.)
For every unit of energy delivered at the pump, corn ethanol requires 0.76 units of fossil energy, and gasoline requires 1.22 units. The use of ethanol thus results in the consumption of 40% less fossil energy than the gasoline it replaces. Papers by a Cornell entomologist and a Berkeley petroleum geologist have asserted a more negative view of ethanol and have received much attention – but their methodology has been disputed by their peers

Most of the fossil energy consumed in making corn ethanol goes to processing the feedstock – from cooking and distilling to drying the distillers grains. Very little fossil energy is needed to make ethanol if renewable energy is used for processing. For example, in Brazil, sugar cane waste, known as “bagasse,” is used for boiler fuel. Thus Brazilian ethanol contains eight times more energy than was required to make it. Ethanol from cellulose is expected to have a similar fossil energy balance (and therefore greenhouse gas balance). In one assessment, cellulosic ethanol from wood residue required 0.16 units of fossil energy per unit of delivered energy; corn stover required just 0.09 units. The fossil energy balance of corn ethanol would improve if corn stalks, wood waste, or methane from cattle manure were used for its process heat, as a couple of U.S. facilities already do
http://www.energyfuturecoalition.org...ct_ethanol.htm
Old 7/27/11, 09:28 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

This
Amico.
Old 7/27/11, 09:53 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
Amico.
Grazie mille
Old 7/27/11, 10:02 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Grazie mille
Tá failte romhat
Old 7/27/11, 10:03 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 06GT
LOCK THE THREAD, JESUS
Wait... Jesus is on this site?? and he is a Moderator!!! Does he own a Boss as well??!!
Old 7/27/11, 10:29 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
Tá failte romhat
soon someone will correct you and say it's gracias
Old 7/27/11, 10:35 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
yo no comprende español

Quick Reply: TracKey available!?