2012-2013 BOSS 302

TracKey available!?

Search this Thread

Old 7/25/11, 02:19 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by 4pipes
Stopped by my dealer today. When they plugged my car in to check on software updates, the message came up, "activate TracKey"!

I didn't have the red key with me, so I can't verify that it's here.

Will go back tomorrow or Monday.

My dealer is a Ford Racing Dealer.
Hey 4pipes and awesome members,

I got word today that there is no set date yet, as they are waiting on CARB approval. Hopefully by the end of summer… which ends September 21st.

Deysha
Old 7/25/11, 03:32 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
Hey 4pipes and awesome members,

I got word today that there is no set date yet, as they are waiting on CARB approval. Hopefully by the end of summer… which ends September 21st.

Deysha

Old 7/25/11, 04:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Just in time for wet track days.
Old 7/25/11, 04:16 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I thought that was dry season
Old 7/25/11, 04:33 PM
Cobra Member

that is still 100F season here in Texas. we race until December when it is usually a balmy 50-degrees!
Old 7/25/11, 04:48 PM
GT Member

After not having been on for a while, this thread title just blew me up into a rainbow and then wrecked that rainbow hard. Ow. My key awaits...
Old 7/25/11, 07:57 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just in time for the last track event of the season before the depression of winter storage reigns until April.
Old 7/25/11, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by ShaneM
that is still 100F season here in Texas. we race until December when it is usually a balmy 50-degrees!
Exactly.

At this rate I'm wondering which will happen first; TracKey release, or my local Ford dealer being able to repair my hail damage.
Old 7/25/11, 10:14 PM
Cobra R Member

So the car I ordered in August that the dealer couldn't order till November that arrived early March that I couldn't pick up until mid May that I have put 10,000 KMs on won't be able to run with it's track key activated until next year since I put the car into storage October 1st? I wish I'd waited to buy, maybe even until next year. Really, what was the point of paying MSRP or worse an ADM on a car that can't do all we were lead to believe it can. Don't get me wrong, I love my car but the broader experience has not helped me feel my loyalty to a domestic has been rewarded in any way. :-(
Old 7/25/11, 11:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2
So the car I ordered in August that the dealer couldn't order till November that arrived early March that I couldn't pick up until mid May that I have put 10,000 KMs on won't be able to run with it's track key activated until next year since I put the car into storage October 1st? I wish I'd waited to buy, maybe even until next year. Really, what was the point of paying MSRP or worse an ADM on a car that can't do all we were lead to believe it can. Don't get me wrong, I love my car but the broader experience has not helped me feel my loyalty to a domestic has been rewarded in any way. :-(
Blame CARB, as stated by Deysha. Make the key a 49 state and forget the left coast.
Old 7/25/11, 11:17 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by phytrpilot

Blame CARB, as stated by Deysha. Make the key a 49 state and forget the left coast.
Closer would be about 34 state
Also Texas is a CARB state from what I heard.

Last edited by Big Vito; 7/25/11 at 11:24 PM.
Old 7/25/11, 11:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Big Vito
Closer would be about 34 state
Also Texas is a CARB state from what I heard.
Big Vito, obviously you don't live in TX. We have more pickups and SUV's than cars on the road. And the stars are big and bright at night. Now to get rid of the oppressive heat.
Old 7/25/11, 11:38 PM
Cobra R Member

Big Vito, obviously you don't live in TX. We have more pickups and SUV's than cars on the road. And the stars are big and bright at night. Now to get rid of the oppressive heat.
That's good but it doesn't change your CARB status
Old 7/25/11, 11:48 PM
Bullitt Member

That's good but it doesn't change your CARB status
Vito, do a google or other search. TX is NOT buying into California (CARB) Air Resource Board standards. We still don't allow gay marriage either.
Old 7/25/11, 11:57 PM
Cobra R Member

Vito, do a google or other search. TX is NOT buying into California (CARB) Air Resource Board standards. We still don't allow gay marriage either.
Are you serious?
Old 7/26/11, 12:02 AM
Bullitt Member

Are you serious?
Yeah.
Old 7/26/11, 12:10 AM
Cobra R Member

Yeah.
http://info.sos.state.tx.us/pls/pub/readtac$ext.TacPage?sl=R&app=9&p_dir=&p_rloc=&p_tl oc=&p_ploc=&pg=1&p_tac=&ti=30&pt=1&ch=114&rl=312

(e) Diesel fuel that has been produced to comply with all specifications for a Certified Diesel Fuel Formulation as approved by an executive order by the California Air Resources Board on or before January 18, 2005, for compliance with California diesel fuel regulations that were in effect as of October 1, 1993, except for those approved for small refinery compliance, or diesel fuel that has been produced to meet all specifications for diesel fuel under regulations adopted by the

California Air Resources Board,

except for those approved for small refinery compliance, that were in effect as of January 18, 2005, may be used to satisfy the requirements of subsection (a) of this section.
Old 7/26/11, 12:17 AM
Bullitt Member

http://info.sos.state.tx.us/pls/pub/readtac$ext.TacPage?sl=R&app=9&p_dir=&p_rloc=&p_tl oc=&p_ploc=&pg=1&p_tac=&ti=30&pt=1&ch=114&rl=312

(e) Diesel fuel that has been produced to comply with all specifications for a Certified Diesel Fuel Formulation as approved by an executive order by the California Air Resources Board on or before January 18, 2005, for compliance with California diesel fuel regulations that were in effect as of October 1, 1993, except for those approved for small refinery compliance, or diesel fuel that has been produced to meet all specifications for diesel fuel under regulations adopted by the

California Air Resources Board,

except for those approved for small refinery compliance, that were in effect as of January 18, 2005, may be used to satisfy the requirements of subsection (a) of this section.
Didn't know you ran diesel in your Boss. For that matter, and I don't know the numbers, but most vehicles here use gasoline polluted by ethanol to subsidize a rediculous alternative that leads to world hunger. And it drives food prices up for everyone. And it is not compatible with the classic cars we love.
Old 7/26/11, 12:28 AM
Cobra R Member

Didn't know you ran diesel in your Boss. For that matter, and I don't know the numbers, but most vehicles here use gasoline polluted by ethanol to subsidize a rediculous alternative that leads to world hunger. And it drives food prices up for everyone. And it is not compatible with the classic cars we love.
Said the guy living in a CARB state
Old 7/26/11, 12:31 AM
Bullitt Member

Said the guy living in a CARB state
Like I said Amigo, I don't use diesel in my Boss. I'm guessing you are in CA?

Quick Reply: TracKey available!?