Oil Pressure Sensor - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

2012-2013 BOSS 302

Oil Pressure Sensor

Old 8/5/17, 06:49 PM   #1  

Oil Pressure Sensor

Hello! First post here. I need your help.

I recently purchase a 2012 LS (#495) with 3500 miles. I was out today and the oil warning light came on plus the oil pressure gauge in the center pod stopped working.

I pulled over and checked under the car for any sign of oil leaking then checked the oil level. No signs of oil leaking under the car and the oil level was a little bit below the top hole on the dip stick. I got back in the car, started it and moved it forward a bit to check the ground for any sign of oil, nothing.

Started it again and drove it home. Thankfully I wasn't far from home when this happened. The car ran fine, no sign of anything unusual except the warning light and oil pressure gauge not working.

My questions is, did my oil pressure sensor go belly up?

After I got home I put the car on ramps and checked things out a little further:
1) No sign of oil leaking anywhere around the pan, pan plug, filter, pan level sensor or pressure sensor/sender on the block.
2) I unplugged and plugged back in the oil level sensor on the side of the oil pan.
3) Tried the track key and even disconnected the battery hoping to reset things in case there was some computer gremlin at work.
4) Scanned for fault codes using ODB2 scanner app, nothing.
5) Used a circuit tester on the wires coming out of the pressure sensor and it lit up fine. (Now that I think about it, I didn't do this on the oil level sensor, will try that too)

Thank you!
eljefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Join The Mustang Source

Join TheMustangSource.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Mustang fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Mustang Fans to meet online.
Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your stang, and have a great time with other Ford Mustang fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Mustang you'll find that TheMustangSource.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TheMustangSource.com Today! - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Old 12/12/17, 02:04 PM   #2  
GT Member

Hope you got this figured out. Let me know if you need a new sensor. I have a never used spare left over if interested.
TymeSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TymeSlayer For This Useful Post:
eljefe (12/14/17)
Old 12/14/17, 07:54 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TymeSlayer View Post

Hope you got this figured out. Let me know if you need a new sensor. I have a never used spare left over if interested.

Thank you! I did and I wish I would have known about this at the time. I got raped by the dealership's parts department on the price of the sensor.
eljefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/30/17, 05:26 AM   #4  
V6 Member

The 2012 LS sensor is 10X the cost of normal GT/ Boss sensor.
The sensor is calibrated to operated the gauge on the center pod.
Not just an on/off idiot light sensor.
yankee_pony is offline   Reply With Quote