..your greatest fan.
Old 6/7/11, 05:36 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2
Dust shields? Please explain.
Originally Posted by Big Vito
I think the shield something do to the brake dust. I'm probably wrong
Yes correct, the brake dust shield on the insides of the rotors. Ford recommends removing the rear shields for track use and I think you take them off if you install the brake duct kit up front. Running around the track heat the brakes up quite a bit and I would like to see how much this helps before I do any more cutting to install the ducts that come with the LS model.
Old 6/7/11, 07:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by phytrpilot
The only noise/rattle I have is from me remounting the left side exhaust after taking the disks out. Put the side pipe too close to the floor pan. There is a lot of play in the bolt holes for the side pipes allowing for max adjustment.
I noticed the same. I've readjusted it but when I go over a stiff bump I will still hear the two collide. More readjusting needed. NBD.

Originally Posted by ShaneM
Ive noticed when driving with the stereo turned all the way down or even off i get some feedback in the speakers. i also think i can hear the rear diff whine a bit at speed. never having owned a car with a torsen, i chalked that up to normal. it's not that loud and if you are talking or have the radio at any level you cant hear it. anyone else noted this?
I thought it was the same thing , but I'm not convinced it's the speakers (though I've also not listened to the stereo past just trying it out). It comes and goes with speed, so I'm assuming it's wind noise over one of the surfaces. To me it sounds like it coming from the rear passenger side, where the back glass meets the decklid.

Last edited by black_bullitt; 6/7/11 at 07:39 PM.