Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Man jacks RR/W Boss OFF SHOWROOM FLOOR-shoots self in head

Search this Thread

Old 3/16/12, 12:43 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by servitium
For disclosure purposes, I'm a combat vet (CIB) who still deploys regularly to the Middle East as a security contractor.

Here's hoping I didn't offend by asking the question. I work with lots of ex-Navy and haven't encountered any with PTSD. Also, the day-to-day role of the Navy in recent theaters (Iraqi Freedom, Enduring Freedom) is extremely limited.

Now that others have posted further details on this story, it just gets sadder.

Sad indeed. Remember that the USMC does not have medics, the Navy corpsman go to war with them. SEALS are well involved as well and most times we don't hear about their involvement.

I'm not offended but wanted to educate others incase they did not know.

My wife and I both served in the Navy. She had a nice air conditioned job as an air traffic controller and I was a 2nd class diver.
Old 3/18/12, 10:40 AM
Bullitt Member

For disclosure purposes, I'm a combat vet (CIB) who still deploys regularly to the Middle East as a security contractor.

Here's hoping I didn't offend by asking the question. I work with lots of ex-Navy and haven't encountered any with PTSD. Also, the day-to-day role of the Navy in recent theaters (Iraqi Freedom, Enduring Freedom) is extremely limited.

Now that others have posted further details on this story, it just gets sadder.
No offence, during my deployments I served in various Joint Task Forces and worked with all services.
Old 3/18/12, 10:13 PM

Aren't a bunch of the EOD guys Navy?
Old 3/19/12, 09:12 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by litsnsirn
Aren't a bunch of the EOD guys Navy?

Yes they are.

You may not recognize a navy corpsman as navy if he's with the marines. They have the option of wearing either navy or marine informs. If in marine
uniforms they have to meet marine grooming standards so they look like the rest of the marines. Most of them opt for this since they live and fight with them.
Old 3/19/12, 09:38 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Here's hoping I didn't offend by asking the question.
Nope, it's all good
Old 3/20/12, 12:47 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Corpsmen are life-savers, literally. I watched a lot of my friends get patched up in the field prior to medevac and my unit's corpsman was one hell of a necessary part of what we did. My spotter and I didn't go through a lot of large-unit combat, but the few times we did I can tell you I was so damned glad he was there. He saved my right leg, and my life. Those guys don't ever get the credit they deserve.

To the original story, it's terribly sad to hear this kind of thing. I know the services do their very best to catch the ones who are unstable or show signs of instability, but they can't catch them all. Terribly sad. I'm just glad no one else lost their life.