Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

I gotta ask - daily driver?

Search this Thread

Old 8/4/11, 08:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by azoufan
I have searched but haven't found anyone that has asked the question outright. Anyone bought a Boss 302 strictly as an awesome car to own with little to no intentions of ever tracking it? I have seen several people that are clearly very serious about tracking the car, and I have seen people that clearly wanted a great track car but use it for daily driving as well. I would potentially fall into the category of buying one cause it's awesome. I am not a member of any club or association, don't have the time to do it, but really like the Boss. I know, blasphemy.

So beyond ticking off the traditionalists, how different would I be? Anyone else out there own a Boss strictly because they wanted a Boss, not because they wanted a track car?

Me. Drive everyday, don't really have the time or inclination to go tracking. Will probably go visit some Civil War battlefields in it soon with the baby seat in the back.
Old 8/4/11, 01:41 PM

Bought mine as a daily driver but will track it some. My regular track car is a gen4 Viper. Looking forward to seeing want the LS can do.

Also not sure why folks say there is no sat radio for the Boss, for a fee you can buy the Ford receiver and it works fine. Listen to it every day.
Old 8/4/11, 02:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Redkey
Bought mine as a daily driver but will track it some. My regular track car is a gen4 Viper. Looking forward to seeing want the LS can do.

Also not sure why folks say there is no sat radio for the Boss, for a fee you can buy the Ford receiver and it works fine. Listen to it every day.
How much did it cost? That is a question a few people are wanting to know. I only found mention of it once in some random thread, so I'm not sure how accurate it was.
Old 8/4/11, 04:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Mine is a daily driver. My 19-month-old's car seat is strapped in the back. I take him to day care then head to work, then reverse in the evenings. It's a fine car for a daily driver, especially with the adjustable dampers.
Old 8/4/11, 04:46 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cobrajetjoe

Not 100% sure yet, you?
Have yet to select the date myself, but it would be cool if there were other Canadian owners there.
Old 8/5/11, 02:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by atrain1975
Mine is a daily driver. My 19-month-old's car seat is strapped in the back. I take him to day care then head to work, then reverse in the evenings. It's a fine car for a daily driver, especially with the adjustable dampers.
Same story on this end. I've noticed there isn't much crying with riding in the car.
Old 8/5/11, 03:33 PM
V6 Member

I dont plan on tracking my LS and it is not a daily driver. It is just another toy added to the stable. I have had it for 5 weeks and it has less that 500 miles on it. I can only hope if I decide to sell it in 15 years it is still worth something.
Old 8/5/11, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by cloud9
Take it to the grocery store and have some woman loading her mini van run her shopping cart into it. Done. You're over it. Now you can drive it without fear
Or have a massive hail storm come through and pummel it.

(still waiting to get the car in the shop to get fixed, btw... )
Old 8/6/11, 06:27 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by black_bullitt
Or have a massive hail storm come through and pummel it.

(still waiting to get the car in the shop to get fixed, btw... )
Didnt you take a trophy even with the hail damage?
Old 8/6/11, 06:38 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2
Have yet to select the date myself, but it would be cool if there were other Canadian owners there.
Agreed.
Old 8/6/11, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by phiggs54
Didnt you take a trophy even with the hail damage?
I've taken 3!
2x First place & 1 Third place
Old 8/9/11, 06:58 PM
DFV
Bullitt Member

Summertime DD for sure. Rain or shine my Boss has been up for the daily commute. Can't say I'm pleased with 16 mpg city, but with me ripping through gears 1,2,3,4 and 5 on a regular basis why should the mileage be any better? It's got a small paint chip or two, so the virginity issue has been settled, allowing me to occasionally grind a gear or miss a shift with nary a worry. I'll get around to tracking the Boss, though, as I have with many of my cars over the years. Might be later this year or next, doesn't concern me at the moment. BTW, the Boss is a very, very competent DD. Betcha already knew that.
Old 8/9/11, 07:17 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by azoufan
I have searched but haven't found anyone that has asked the question outright. Anyone bought a Boss 302 strictly as an awesome car to own with little to no intentions of ever tracking it? I have seen several people that are clearly very serious about tracking the car, and I have seen people that clearly wanted a great track car but use it for daily driving as well. I would potentially fall into the category of buying one cause it's awesome. I am not a member of any club or association, don't have the time to do it, but really like the Boss. I know, blasphemy.

So beyond ticking off the traditionalists, how different would I be? Anyone else out there own a Boss strictly because they wanted a Boss, not because they wanted a track car?
DD here too. I actually had a company car for a long time and need a new DD but when i heard about the Boss coming i just carpooled, borrowed my brothers and even at one point rented a car. Then i get the Boss and i look forward to driving it everyday.
Old 8/9/11, 09:16 PM

Its a car...drive it!
My Son and I flew to Florida to buy mine. We then drove it 1638 miles back to Home (Upper Michigan). Crossed the into the U.P. and I looked at him and said; "the Boss is no longer Competition Orange, its Hunter Orange!
I drive mine most everyday unless my Duramax Pickup (can I say that here!) is more appropriate.

-Ed
Old 8/9/11, 10:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Boss2012
Its a car...drive it!
My Son and I flew to Florida to buy mine. We then drove it 1638 miles back to Home (Upper Michigan). Crossed the into the U.P. and I looked at him and said; "the Boss is no longer Competition Orange, its Hunter Orange!
I drive mine most everyday unless my Duramax Pickup (can I say that here!) is more appropriate.

-Ed
Very Cool! You guys will remember it forever.

Now update the color in your sig!
Old 8/10/11, 01:42 PM

Yes Sir! Taken care of Sir!
Old 8/10/11, 02:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Was hoping you'd use Hunter Orange...