Evolution of #0004 (Pics)

Search this Thread

Old 5/17/11, 11:39 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
sounds good~!
Old 5/18/11, 07:41 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think 35% is what I ended up with, and wish I'd gone darker as it gets quite warm and bright in the summer (though the glass roof may have something to do with that).

But, it is much easier to see out at night, and on the track others can see in much easier, which is good.

That's one blingarific S class in the background there...
Old 5/18/11, 02:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks. I just spent $500 on the front left shock. Thats why its sitting so low.
Old 5/18/11, 02:46 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

I'll bite. What happened to the strut?
Old 5/18/11, 06:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Just sprung a leak. I replaced the lower control arms on it a few weeks ago and I'm thinking I might of lowered it a little to hard and ruptured the bladder. That or just coincidence. I have it lowered so maybe that helped also.
Old 5/18/11, 07:54 PM
Cobra Member

interesting by the position of those spats at the back of the rocker panels, i thought they were there to keep rocks from hitting the polished tip of the side pipes.
Old 5/18/11, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Zoldier
Just sprung a leak. I replaced the lower control arms on it a few weeks ago and I'm thinking I might of lowered it a little to hard and ruptured the bladder. That or just coincidence. I have it lowered so maybe that helped also.
It wasn't covered under warranty? Why did you replace the LCA"s? What else have you done to the suspension?
Old 5/19/11, 11:13 AM
Bullitt Member

One of the lower control arms had the rubber completely shredded. Needless to say it was shaking like crazy on the highway. I'm out of factory warranty so thats a done deal. I do have an extended warranty but they only cover air springs not air shocks.

I havent done anything to it other than the rims and lowering it. Its getting older but its a great family car. I'll be leaving it at my inlaws when I go to Italy and it'll be my DD when I get back. The wife wants something smaller since the kids are getting older.
Old 5/19/11, 11:17 AM
Cobra Member

I get the impression people were thinking you were talking about the Boss, not the S class, in wondering why it's not covered under warranty. Just realized in your last post, as I doubt the Boss is a good family car...
Old 5/19/11, 01:19 PM
Cobra Member

I thought you were taliking about the BOSS-->
Old 5/19/11, 04:54 PM
Bullitt Member

LOL. My bad. The Boss doesnt have any issues.
Old 6/6/11, 08:15 PM
Bullitt Member

I'll keep you guys posted on the handling. I have two autocross events coming up and I'm going to hit up a nice curvy back road this weekend. I'll get it on vid just for fun. This step was just an erge to get rid of the 4x4 look. It was the first thing I did to my 2000 GT also.

I eventually want to run full coilovers when I am able to track it more. I'm a huge fan of KW and want to run their clubsport setup.
Eddie, Did you ever do any autocrosses with your modded car? I wanted to know what you thought of the handling. Did it understeer, oversteer, or was it neutral? I'm thinking changing the springs might be the ticket to running a square setup on the track.
Old 6/7/11, 06:32 AM
Bullitt Member

I just did one last weekend. It handles really well and feels balanced. I can tell you that running with the traction control on is definately better than off or on sport mode. I ran almost two seconds faster with it on.
Old 6/7/11, 10:25 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I just did one last weekend. It handles really well and feels balanced. I can tell you that running with the traction control on is definately better than off or on sport mode. I ran almost two seconds faster with it on.
Good to know, I also like to run the sport mode, that is why it is there (no offense to the real racers). Just need to check the brakes after runs to make sure the are not over heating, other then that I see no downside to using it in non-competition tracking.
Old 6/9/11, 08:08 PM
Bullitt Member

No issues with the brakes at all. Everyone loved the car. I gave rides to three other mustang owners. One had a GT500KR, the other a Supercharged Saleen convertible, and the other a regular GT. They all said the exact same thing when we were done with the lap. They were amazed at the accelaration. I hit third on the back end of the course so it got pretty fast.
Old 6/10/11, 03:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by CO_VaporGT_09
... as I doubt the Boss is a good family car...
I happen to think that the Boss is a great family car! Of course, I have only a 17 month old who doesn't require much leg room yet. Back seat has LATCH points, groceries fit in the trunk, and my son's favorite word is Boss! He toddles around saying Boss! Boss! every morning until we hop in the car and head to day care.

It's even more rewarding when guys lean out of their minvans drooling and then do a double-take when they see my son's car seat in the back.
Old 11/7/11, 01:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Bessy, my cars name , is finally getting some love after about five months of neglet. I havent even washed her in two months.

Anyhow, I just ordered the tranny scoop, brake cooling kit, hood struts, diff gasket so I can change the fluid, LS gauge pod, and Ford Racing bump stops.

Next up is track rims and tires so I can go up to Rome and beat on some Porsche's.
Old 11/27/11, 01:57 AM
Bullitt Member

Got some parts installed and getting ready for my first track day in the Boss. So excited.

The hood shocks were an easy install and obviously not a performance mod. But I havent had a car with a hood prop in forever. The ended up just cutting the rear foam thingy's. Why cant I remember the name of them right now. Anyways, the FRPP ones were the same size so I didnt even install them. I'll eventually do the fronts once I get the Steeda Boss springs. Only thing left is the gauge pod but I'm still waiting for the gauges to arrive.
Attached Thumbnails Evolution of #0004 (Pics)-090.jpg   Evolution of #0004 (Pics)-093.jpg   Evolution of #0004 (Pics)-094.jpg  

Last edited by Zoldier; 11/27/11 at 02:03 AM.
Old 11/27/11, 07:01 AM
Cobra Member

that brake cooling duct install was a pita for me. no matter what i did the silicone tubes slipped off the brake side metal plates and the front fascia plastic plates when i tried to tighten the clamps. i finally resorted to a single piece of duct tape around the mount point on the front and brake side to get traction while i tightened the clamps. i now have a few thousand road miles and two track days on the car with those ducts installed and they are still mounted perfectly. I also opted to use the good old 200mph duct tape to wrap around a few key bits of the ducting that rubbed under the car. i could tell form messing with it that the ducts would chaffe over time.

Be sure to not skip the step where you check if the tire will rub the duct on full turn in. and unlike what some said, you do not have to move the washer tank, just cut that tab inside the fascia opening for mounting the fog lamp off on the passenger side and the tube fits perfectly.
Old 11/27/11, 09:10 AM

Bump stops??? I just ordered up some MRT hood struts painted KB along with some engine dress up stuff from Steeda.

Looking good Eddie. I roughed up the plastic attachments on the duct openings with a dremel and had my backing plates attachment connectors cut and compressed for an easy install. No issues with the hoses coming loose. I also took my dremel to several pieces of the plastic to reduce contact with the hoses. I had my Boss up on a rack earlier this week and noticed the driver hose rubbing. I'll add some duct tape to this section the next time I have the wheel off.
Attached Thumbnails Evolution of #0004 (Pics)-brake-duct-hose.jpg  

Quick Reply: Evolution of #0004 (Pics)