2012-2013 BOSS 302

Enjoying my Boss

Search this Thread

Old 11/14/12, 10:58 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by exarkun
Ace72ace ... that is an awesome mod. Not sure if i would ever take it that far but yea ... i can see that.

laserred38 ... the quote I got was a place that worked on my truck on Stevens Creek ... the name is escaping me ... but they did a fantastic job with my diesel truck; its loud!

And for mr. trackday .... when i am ready I will take it out, until then I will enjoy my car as I see fit.

back to work.
Well, look up Sound Innovations on Yelp. I'm good friends with the owner, and while I can't say that I could hook you up, he does try to work with people's budgets. Just to give you an idea, this past week Sean Parker's RS6 and Joe Morgan's GT3 RS were/are in the shop, and Gideon Yu's cars were in the past few months (X5, 911 and S550). I know you are happy with your last place, but with your Boss, I'd make sure the shop was as high end as your car is
Old 11/14/12, 12:54 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Xar
Great pic of your boy next to the boss I almost bought a boss but decided on a GT instead, my son really really wanted me to get "the boss"... He and I drive in my car all the time as well, had to find the right booster seat to fit in the back though...

I'm a few hundred miles north of you and drive down to the bay area often for work (I'm originally from Santa Rosa, corporate is in Petaluma). My wife's best friend teaches at Stanford so I'm in the South Bay from time to time. If you see a GHIG 13 GT with Oregon plates it's me down for a visit. I'll be in the north bay at the end of this month but I doubt I'll drive my car down (depends on the weather)... but the drive down I-5 is fun
cool man ... i read an article on stangtv once about how to put a child seat in a Boss ... i replied, the same way you do in a GT or Hertz rental :-)

I really like the GTs and the CS package; as a former owner of a 69 Mach 1 - I was hoping they would show a new Mach 1 package. Anyway i buzz around in the southbay mainly; there use to be a meet of mustangs by the In and Out on blossom hill but dont see them much ... although i did spot a triple black camaro ZL1 in passing ... hmmmm
Old 11/14/12, 04:02 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the window into your boss experience. There are those that believe that this is a very unique and special car with nostalgic overtones difficult to ignore, and rightly so. I do hope that a number of you will care for these special vehicles. There are others like me who track them, beat them to death, and have the time of their life. And BTW, wrecking is always a risk on any track. I know of at least two totalesque Boss wrecks at VIR alone. You can have fun on the road or the track. Either way, just drive it and celebrate what American auto building has provided for us. Truly a gift.