Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Custom Katzkin Boss 302 Seats

Search this Thread

Old 12/26/11, 06:53 PM
Calgon Take Me Away!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I remember seeing those with you Steve! They looked good in person just not that color.
Old 12/26/11, 06:54 PM
Calgon Take Me Away!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by VALCAD
Ignoring the apparant fact that Boss owners on this forum seem to be completely satisfied with the interiors that Ford churns out, what does everyone think of the posibilities of customizing or tattooing car interiors?

There will be those that go too far and bling out their interiors to the point of ugly excess, but I think it is pretty cool that a major leather car seat manufacturer is looking into a technique to dress up interiors in the aftermarket as much as you can dress up the exteriors.

Maybe taking a cloth seat from a $41,000 performance car was a mistake on thier part, but it is pretty cool that Katzkin chose the Mustang as a sample.

I personally just hope that negative feedback from Boss owners does not kill the project. I guess Katzkin can always turn to the Camaro and start over and hopefully have enough interest to develop the technique.
I think that would be a cool idea and would be completely custom with the tattoos. That would be really cool IMO being artistic and all.
Old 12/26/11, 07:14 PM
INKY

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by VALCAD
Ignoring the apparant fact that Boss owners on this forum seem to be completely satisfied with the interiors that Ford churns out, what does everyone think of the posibilities of customizing or tattooing car interiors?

There will be those that go too far and bling out their interiors to the point of ugly excess, but I think it is pretty cool that a major leather car seat manufacturer is looking into a technique to dress up interiors in the aftermarket as much as you can dress up the exteriors.

Maybe taking a cloth seat from a $41,000 performance car was a mistake on thier part, but it is pretty cool that Katzkin chose the Mustang as a sample.

I personally just hope that negative feedback from Boss owners does not kill the project. I guess Katzkin can always turn to the Camaro and start over and hopefully have enough interest to develop the technique.
Not against dressing up the interior of a car, would love to do a custom interior on the wife's '08 GT, but just not fitting for the Boss, IMO.
Old 12/27/11, 07:11 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The people that made that pieces of crap seat do not have a clue as to what the Boss 302 customer base is and what there doing with the car . They don't even have a clue as to what seat frame they needed to use (Recaro) not the base seat frame that comes in every mustang .
Old 12/27/11, 11:38 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I understand it is not for everybody, but to say Katzkin doesn't have a clue, well sir, you don't have a clue.

Believe it or not, there are Boss owners who take their cars to car shows. A larger percentage will NEVER see a track. <gasp> Shocking, I know.

So for those who want something different, the option is there. Just like adding a Tiger Racing hood and different wheels, painting the roof, or adding louvres, everyone has their own personal taste.

Lalayla is right, for those with an artistic side, charcoal cloth is disgusting. Comp Orange leather is perhaps going too far, but for a display at a large product show, what would any of you have Katzkin do to get some attention?

But I guess choosing the Boss as a sample was a huge mistake. They could have started with Recaros, but the GT500s already offer leather/alcantara Recaros, so nothing new there.

If all the hardcore Boss track guys are correct and speak for everyone, then Katzkin might as well have started with a Cobra Jet. Would have gotten the same type of nose in the air, "you're doing it wrong" feedback.
Old 12/27/11, 12:20 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Being in the apparent minority who track their Boss, I would agree that cloth/suede is the way to go. If I could get my Recaro's in a Black with Red insert, I would do it.
I am not going to knock this type of seat, I have seen wild stuff like this in show cars - someone has to push the envelope!
I think the feedback is as expected, though, mixed reviews - this seat is pushing the envelope. It would be better targeted at the more highly customized GT audience and probably the sub-30 y/o buyers.