Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Boss and Insurance?

Search this Thread

Old 5/9/12, 04:18 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 05fordgt
I would use a collector car company like Hagerty or Grundy, or Heacock insurance for these cars. Even though its a new car, its a limited run car and these companies will insure them and do an agreed upon value. Just a thought.

I wouldn't do that- it would be very expensive in comparison to regular insurance. Most insurance companies offer guaranteed replacement cost for new cars and in my case that coverage was good for 3 years.
Now after 3 years you might want to switch up Hagerty in order to keep your insurance at an agreed upon value.
Old 5/16/12, 08:49 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Whammer
I wouldn't do that- it would be very expensive in comparison to regular insurance. Most insurance companies offer guaranteed replacement cost for new cars and in my case that coverage was good for 3 years.
Now after 3 years you might want to switch up Hagerty in order to keep your insurance at an agreed upon value.
Not all insurance companies offer Guaranteed replacement. Only a few do that.
Old 5/16/12, 12:39 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hagerty for a full year was only a few dollars cheaper than my 6 month policy with GEICO.... yeah, I switched!!! The '96 Cobra is now on Hagerty for $320 yr and GEICO wanted $493/6 months
Old 5/17/12, 05:37 PM

Mine went up $50 every 6 months. I had a 2011 5.0 that I traded in on my boss. I still have it registered in Ohio because I hear my in insurance will double when I get it registered in the state I live in now. Not looking forward to that increase!
Old 5/17/12, 05:42 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by shifterracer
Mine went up $50 every 6 months. I had a 2011 5.0 that I traded in on my boss. I still have it registered in Ohio because I hear my in insurance will double when I get it registered in the state I live in now. Not looking forward to that increase!
Doesn't that state have a law requiring you to register within a certain time frame of moving there?
Old 5/18/12, 04:42 AM

I'm sure it does. Since i still have my house in ohio, and i travel back there every month for business, i don't see why i have to change it right now. When i sell the house and i have to stay in a hotel when i go back, then i'll have to change it to where i'm at now.
Old 5/22/12, 05:28 AM

There are a million reasons why your car insurance is higher than other people. One of them is the neighbourhood you live in or the state you live in too. Also, if you’re insuring a classic car with regular insurance, it’s going to be expensive. Get insurance quotes from special car insurance companies like AARP classic auto insurance and your rates will improve.
Old 5/22/12, 07:36 AM
V6 Member

For me, insurance on my 2012 Boss 302 was a bit less than my 2001 Honda S2000.
Old 5/23/12, 12:47 PM
GT Member

Okay guys you have to hear this one. Just before I picked up my Boss last year I called my agents office and gave the information to one of the girls to have it insured. Later that day I stopped by and she showed me an email from the Insurance company. It said "this car has a switch that turns it into a race car so we must decline coverage at ths time." I said, what do you think this is Bumblebee the transformer? I could not stop laughing. Needless to say since they have all my insurance including my house, office, company liability, cars, company trucks and everything else the agent got right on the phone and straighted them out. Kinda scares you knowing the people we deal with.
Old 5/23/12, 03:05 PM
GT Member

I pay $100 a month for just the Boss through State Farm's, I'm 24. I never asked about a GT but their computer had a different category for both the Boss and LS Boss so I can only assume the Boss is more. We pay $345 monthly for all our car's under full coverage. Having the house insured through them helps out significantly they said.

We actually pay about 15$ more a month for the STI lol. Insurance companies don't like ricer's I guess.

Bill
Old 5/23/12, 08:26 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
93 bucks a month on the GT500 with GIECO, but that includes a 1k deductible
Old 5/24/12, 07:32 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MustangBillJr
I pay $100 a month for just the Boss through State Farm's, I'm 24. I never asked about a GT but their computer had a different category for both the Boss and LS Boss so I can only assume the Boss is more. We pay $345 monthly for all our car's under full coverage. Having the house insured through them helps out significantly they said.

We actually pay about 15$ more a month for the STI lol. Insurance companies don't like ricer's I guess.

Bill
Our WRX is higher than the Boss, same coverage amount. (State Farm) I spoke with our agent on it to see what drove it and he claims accident rate is much higher. Theft is about the same. Cost to repair is a little higher on WRX as well.
Old 5/24/12, 01:28 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by MustangBillJr

Bill
That's exactly what I pay at 26 from State Farm.
Old 5/26/12, 05:45 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by BossLS
Okay guys you have to hear this one. Just before I picked up my Boss last year I called my agents office and gave the information to one of the girls to have it insured. Later that day I stopped by and she showed me an email from the Insurance company. It said "this car has a switch that turns it into a race car so we must decline coverage at ths time." I said, what do you think this is Bumblebee the transformer? I could not stop laughing. Needless to say since they have all my insurance including my house, office, company liability, cars, company trucks and everything else the agent got right on the phone and straighted them out. Kinda scares you knowing the people we deal with.
Lol, gotta find that switch