2012-2013 BOSS 302

Boss Extended Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 4/29/12, 10:19 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boss Extended Warranty

Well as time draws near to delivery of my Boss, I'm starting to think about insurance, extended warranty, protective measures to the vehicle and stuff like that. Let me say that I hate insurance companies, like I hate Camaros, I can't help it. Geico Insurance, who I do not like anymore than other insurance companies, has a pretty awesome extended warranty, which I used on my 4x4 F-150 Flairside Supercab. You must have Geico Insurance on the vehicle from the time it is new (or actually first titled, we have it on my girlfriend's Volvo too, which was a demo), and you have to add the coverage, which they call Mechanical Breakdown Coverage, during the factory warranty period, or first year of ownership, I'm not sure exactly. It costs nothing, I think it was less than $10 per month on top of the Geico plan, and covers everything the factory warranty covers. It goes for 7 years or 100,000 miles, and there is a $250.00 deductible. I'm sure the Red Key probably voids it. But I have no intention on getting that.

I will tell you this, my F150 has a huge number of modifications, including 5 inch suspension lift with BFG Goodrich Mud Terrains that are 35 x 12.5 x 18, (which weigh a ton) and they replaced the engine, transmission, and bell housing at 99,500 miles, under the warranty and at the Ford Dealership. There were other things that they replaced on the truck prior to that, like the instrument cluster, Vats electronics, other stuff....Best money I ever spent. I will never sell that truck, thanks to Geico, the mechanicals are perfect. It was worth it so I replaced the seats, navigation, stereo, carpeting and had it painted, 5 inch lift kit, just like new.

Now I do not know how much Geico Insurance is in relation to other insurances, but for me since, I keep my vehicles forever, it is worth the cost even if it is a little bit more.

Last edited by AtillaEsq; 4/29/12 at 10:21 AM.