Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Boss 302 TracKey

Search this Thread

Old 10/12/11, 07:05 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe he should tell him mom. Then she can go talk to their moms and get it all straightened out.
Old 10/12/11, 07:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by psychopharm1
You boys need to learn some manners. What is it about auto web sites
and haters. I know, it is your constitutional right to say anything you like
on a web site, freedom of speech and all that. Gentleman this is not your
personal kingdom, it is a public forum. People are supposed to be able to
air their opinions and ask questions without being insulted, castigated and
accused of crimes against the auto industry and sport. Moderators, do your
job and encourage discussion and the exchange of ideas---Yes, even ideas
that do not conform to the narrow version of reality that some members
seem to have.
And that's a great third post! You would go a long ways here making your forth post about things you like on your 2012 LS car.
Old 10/12/11, 07:36 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Fat Boss
Maybe he should tell him mom. Then she can go talk to their moms and get it all straightened out.
Careful there. His dad may be able to beat up our dads. :-(
Old 10/12/11, 07:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So I was at my local Ford shop yesterday......

They have a new kid working up there, big Mustang enthusiast, he knew of the upcoming SEMA announcement, then said something that made me want to facepalm like a mad man. Take it FWIW, or with a grain of salt, or as pure fantasy, your choice. But the man said they will announce that the tuning won't actually be available until some time in Feb.

Old 10/12/11, 08:09 AM

TKO

If anybody cares to read the original post it actually says considering consulting an attorney, it does not say I am initiating litigation. Also contained in the post was the question of how others might feel about a Class Action. I did miss the fact that this issue was yesterdays news as far as most forum members are concerned. Got it. I would say however that some ideas may be worth reconsidering particularly when Corporations are clearly not fulfilling their obligation to the consumer/end user. Ford is clearly stringing people along---In a discussion with the owner of the Ford dealership I purchased the car from yesterday, he admitted to being embarrassed and perplexed by Ford's moving target date for the TK--Even he wondered when and if they would fulfill their heavily hyped technological promise to buyers. By the way, I do love the car and did not buy it for the TK "gimmick". I bought the package in part because of the brilliance of the engineering package, including the TK.
Old 10/12/11, 08:54 AM
GT Member

OK, psychopharm1, let's see what the outcome of what you're proposing would be:

1) Best case we get the TK for free. Or more likely we get a check for $10.
2) The lawyers get millions of dollars
3) Ford will never, ever, do anything like a TK again.

That's if the lawsuit doesn't get thrown out.

Please explain why we would want this?
Old 10/12/11, 11:49 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by psychopharm1
If anybody cares to read the original post it actually says considering consulting an attorney, it does not say I am initiating litigation. Also contained in the post was the question of how others might feel about a Class Action. I did miss the fact that this issue was yesterdays news as far as most forum members are concerned. Got it. I would say however that some ideas may be worth reconsidering particularly when Corporations are clearly not fulfilling their obligation to the consumer/end user. Ford is clearly stringing people along---In a discussion with the owner of the Ford dealership I purchased the car from yesterday, he admitted to being embarrassed and perplexed by Ford's moving target date for the TK--Even he wondered when and if they would fulfill their heavily hyped technological promise to buyers. By the way, I do love the car and did not buy it for the TK "gimmick". I bought the package in part because of the brilliance of the engineering package, including the TK.

We have also covered that its not Ford but Carb that is keeping the track key off the streets right now. Also CA has a blame thread on this matter.

If you are returning the car for the simple reason of a the track key that tells me you did buy into the gimmick and that is the one and only reason you have given to "return" the car.
Old 10/12/11, 01:34 PM
Bullitt Member

He does not seem like a true enthusiast to me.
Old 10/12/11, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
I don't think I like new users joining just to troll for class action lawsuits. Sounds like a lawyer and I don't like lawyers. The least of which are ambulance chasing trial lawyers.
I am not an ambulance chaser nor do I play one on TV. Therefore, I am not trolling for anything but the release of TracKey.
If ever Boss owner would stop acting like a heard of sheep and start inundating Ford with complains about the release TracKey just maybe they would have the courtesy to give us better information about TracKey.
Old 10/12/11, 05:06 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 592 Likes on 425 Posts
Originally Posted by TheBlues9108
I am not an ambulance chaser nor do I play one on TV. Therefore, I am not trolling for anything but the release of TracKey.
If ever Boss owner would stop acting like a heard of sheep and start inundating Ford with complains about the release TracKey just maybe they would have the courtesy to give us better information about TracKey.
Why don't you start an Occupy Ford movement on facebook and all of you guys can camp out at Ford headquarters and dealerships banging on bongos and repeating what the guy with the megaphone says until you get Trackey.
Old 10/12/11, 05:16 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Does a "heard" of sheep make more noise than a herd of sheep? Or maybe they just have better grammar?
Old 10/12/11, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Why don't you start an Occupy Ford movement on facebook and all of you guys can camp out at Ford headquarters and dealerships banging on bongos and repeating what the guy with the megaphone says until you get Trackey.

That sounds like a great idea! You know what they say the squeaky wheel gets the grease. So I get the TracKey first and you can wait another 6 months for your TracKey to be released at your local Ford dealership.

Works for me!
Old 10/12/11, 05:18 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 148 Likes on 112 Posts
, I am not trolling for anything but the release of TracKey.
enlighten me ... with this trac key will you out perform a shelby ?
Old 10/12/11, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by phiggs54
Does a "heard" of sheep make more noise than a herd of sheep? Or maybe they just have better grammar?
My puppy was helping my type; however, I think you got my point!
Old 10/12/11, 06:05 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
For a mod this thread is nothing but FML
Old 10/12/11, 06:08 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

That sounds like a great idea! You know what they say the squeaky wheel gets the grease. So I get the TracKey first and you can wait another 6 months for your TracKey to be released at your local Ford dealership.

Works for me!
I've already got my TracKey. Only had to wait 5 miles for it to activate and the boost needle to start swinging.
Old 10/12/11, 06:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
I've already got my TracKey. Only had to wait 5 miles for it to activate and the boost needle to start swinging.

LOL and BOTH my keys activate over 650 RWHP as of right now!!! 785 if i change the pulley and use the same keys HEHE
Old 10/12/11, 06:25 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by 2006stiguy
LOL and BOTH my keys activate over 650 RWHP as of right now!!! 785 if i change the pulley and use the same keys HEHE
I think I'll keep my warranty for a while longer.
Old 10/12/11, 06:47 PM
GT Member

Are we having fun yet, or what,....?
Cheers,
Jouster
Old 10/12/11, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by black_bullitt
So I was at my local Ford shop yesterday......

They have a new kid working up there, big Mustang enthusiast, he knew of the upcoming SEMA announcement, then said something that made me want to facepalm like a mad man. Take it FWIW, or with a grain of salt, or as pure fantasy, your choice. But the man said they will announce that the tuning won't actually be available until some time in Feb.

Originally Posted by Flagstang
We have also covered that its not Ford but Carb that is keeping the track key off the streets right now. Also CA has a blame thread on this matter.

If you are returning the car for the simple reason of a the track key that tells me you did buy into the gimmick and that is the one and only reason you have given to "return" the car.
I feel we are very fortunate to own a Boss! I love my Boss and I do track mine; to put the icing on the cake my salesman also sold a Laguna Seca edition. The guy was not going to track his Laguna Seca so he sold his front splitter, trans and brake cooling to me for $400! I also gave my salesman $100.

I love my Boss and each one of us bought them with the expectation of having TracKey by mid to late summer but I feel we all agree “soon” is no longer an answer.

TracKey was not an option our salesman tried to sell us when we purchased our Boss; it was advertised by Ford before the Boss was on the showroom floors.

It is bait and switch? Perhaps; perhaps not - that is not for me to decide; for now. My issues are with Ford not my Boss. We get nothing but roomers ….next month, next month. Well I am tired of Ford being voiceless about TracKey.

Regardless of who’s at fault no one can refute the fact FMC has been unwilling and/or unable to be forth coming about the release of TracKey!

I talked to Lisa Chiladakis at the California Air Resources Board Public Information Offices. She told me the emissions rating are by engine size and TracKey should not be any different than an aftermarket tune kit i.e. SCT Power Flash Tuner.

It is hard to believe the Boss with TracKey would have a significant higher Emission Ratings than the Shelby GT500.

Whether you agree with me about a class action law suit; one thing we all have in common besides owing a Boss is: Ford is yanking every Boss owner’s chain about the release of TracKey.

Quick Reply: Boss 302 TracKey