Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

boost your boss

Search this Thread

Old 2/1/13, 10:39 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A couple of the popular venders are advertising Prochargers for 2013 Boss mustangs but I called procharger and they said they have not put one on a 2013 yet so they don't have a tune for it. Even though there is no difference between a 2012 and a 2013 when it comes to the motor or tune.
Old 2/2/13, 06:14 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by maddog2
Do not want a Shelby. No such thing as too much HP.
Thats not entirely true, especially with the Boss -what makes your car special is the balance between the drivetrain and the suspension - both complement each other very nicely - adding gross amounts of power destroys that balance, especially when your going to be packing additional weight on top and out in front of the motor.

Essentially what you will end up with is a slightly better handling Shelby with with a less reliable drivetrain.

The GT500 despite proving you can cram 150% awesome sauce into a car is a package that ultimately overwhelms its chassis with power and suffers for it both in braking and handling where the Boss is a car that nears or reaches the edge of the Mustangs envelope without overwhelming it and produces a car that is nearly as fast as is stablemate in the right instance and faster in others and is able to extract that performance with less effort (as a multitude of Boss vs GT500 drag races will show - you really have to be on your game to get the most out of a GT500).

Not trying to dissuade you but a blown Boss does not linearly increaese all of its attributes as its power goes up even with a substantial suite of complementary mods.

Last edited by bob; 2/2/13 at 06:17 PM.
Old 2/2/13, 06:46 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Please boost your Boss. Anybody here that says the stock Boss is good enough is slow. The Boss engine is forged and ready for a blower. We had one member here that charged his and it was impressive to say the least. 700hp is no joke and would be a street monster. Nuff said.
Old 2/2/13, 09:43 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have been modifying and building cars for a long time and I am well aware of what the Boss is and what it is capable of. It is the best platform the mustang has ever had.With the right mods it will be unreal. My intent with a charger is to get a better power to weight ratio.The Boss should have had a supercharger option from the factory but they had to make sure the Shelby was the fastest pony in the stable. The big three have been doing this for fifty years.
Old 2/3/13, 05:31 AM
Cobra Member

Location: NJ. Waiting for our Gov. to be held accountable for his actions>>>Jersey Broke
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by maddog2
The Boss should have had a supercharger option from the factory but they had to make sure the Shelby was the fastest pony in the stable. The big three have been doing this for fifty years.
Thats a great comment. Mybe someone should conduct a Poll to see what Boss owners would of went for this option if it was offered. I for one would of went for this factory option if it existed.
Old 2/3/13, 09:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd rather have too much power and be able to control it with my right foot instead of having the car floored and wishing for more. I've had my Boss for 2 weeks and am just starting to get used to the power. I'm sure as soon as I go to the track when it opens in April I'm going to want a supercharger haha.