2012-2013 BOSS 302

Bad news from dealer

Search this Thread

Old 6/28/11, 04:51 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by YellowMan
Wish one of them was a Yellow Blaze....I am waiting on a Q4, and if a YB w/ RT shows up within 150 miles or so of OKC, selling at MSRP, I will be seriously interested.
There's a Yellow Blaze at Szott's Ford they've have for about 4 weeks. I stopped in and they had 'extra' options (security, wheel locks, typical dealer B.S. add-on's) but was asking $44,XXX.00 for it. Said they'd would sell it for MSRP though.
Old 6/28/11, 06:22 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally Posted by ShaneM
i had a guy tell me the other day that when they were at a big stang show an engineer supposedly on the project said that the 12 would be a much shorter run than they expected with the delays, Japan, and the 5.0 motor issue. i know vito will be in here to say the clerk at his gas station told me the cars were on order lol. Still, several of the things i have heard around here have turned out to be mostly accurate so far.

that said, another ford person of some sort also said at the same show that the boss would change in September to a 13 model. I guess if there is any merit to that at all we should basically be seeing orders start for 13,s and only ordered cars being built this year. that would make a bit of sense. ford needing motors for the fast selling F150 and Japan would be back up (presumably this year) in full capacity. Probably all a load of BS, but i have often said if i were still waiting on a Q4 car i would have little expectations of getting it after what we have seen so far. i don't see sales of the F150 slowing and if the delay now is in fact the 5.0 who knows what will happen. anyway i repeat because I am bored and it is an interesting situation we have going on. i'd also wager many of those cars on line are listed at msrp and when you call they want adm on them.
Other than rumors there is nothing to suggest Ford is going to deviate from their original plan for the 2012 model Boss 302. Nothing.
Old 6/28/11, 06:35 PM
V6 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
Other than rumors there is nothing to suggest Ford is going to deviate from their original plan for the 2012 model Boss 302. Nothing.
There may not be any admission from ford but there are indicators that are not rumor.
Im not saying it is fact but to say nothing indicates the 4000 number may not be hit is a stretch. 4th quarter allocations being pulled could be an indicator. Numbers running WAY behind where they should be could be an indicator. Both of those are not rumor. Both together are not enough to prove anything. But they are not just rumor.
Old 6/28/11, 06:45 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by ShaneM
i had a guy tell me the other day that when they were at a big stang show an engineer supposedly on the project said that the 12 would be a much shorter run than they expected with the delays, Japan, and the 5.0 motor issue. i know vito will be in here to say the clerk at his gas station told me the cars were on order lol. Still, several of the things i have heard around here have turned out to be mostly accurate so far.

that said, another ford person of some sort also said at the same show that the boss would change in September to a 13 model. I guess if there is any merit to that at all we should basically be seeing orders start for 13,s and only ordered cars being built this year. that would make a bit of sense. ford needing motors for the fast selling F150 and Japan would be back up (presumably this year) in full capacity. Probably all a load of BS, but i have often said if i were still waiting on a Q4 car i would have little expectations of getting it after what we have seen so far. i don't see sales of the F150 slowing and if the delay now is in fact the 5.0 who knows what will happen. anyway i repeat because I am bored and it is an interesting situation we have going on. i'd also wager many of those cars on line are listed at msrp and when you call they want adm on them.
He only knows about the trackey, duh
Old 6/28/11, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by truegeek
There may not be any admission from ford but there are indicators that are not rumor.
Im not saying it is fact but to say nothing indicates the 4000 number may not be hit is a stretch. 4th quarter allocations being pulled could be an indicator. Numbers running WAY behind where they should be could be an indicator. Both of those are not rumor. Both together are not enough to prove anything. But they are not just rumor.
To link these couple of cars that supposedly got pulled to actual fact that Ford is changing production is pure speculation on your part. And what Q4 allocations are you talking about? Go back and read the first post...

Last edited by 5 DOT 0; 6/28/11 at 07:18 PM.
Old 6/28/11, 07:15 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I heard that all cars starting July 2011 are going to be 2026 models
Old 6/28/11, 07:28 PM
V6 Member

To link these couple of cars that supposedly got pulled to actual fact that Ford is changing production is pure speculation on your part. And what Q4 allocations are you talking about? Go back the read the first post...
Please re read my message. I never said those two items made it fact. I did not mean to infer that either. I even said both together did not mean that the number would not be hit. What I said was that there are indicators that they may not hit those numbers. They are way behind if they are going to steadily produce the Number over each quarter. As for the 4th quarter allocations being pulled have you read the I'm livid thread?
Again, I'm just some smuck that has a Vin and Build date for Boss he has wanted since he was 9 Years old. I don't even know anybody that works for Ford let alone any body that would really know what there plans are. For those who have a car already the fewer cars made the better. Those of us still waiting want at least ours to be made.
I never meant to indicate the sky is falling. I hope everyone gets the Car they want. But to just write off the indicators....If I did not have a VIN or a 4th qtr build then I WOULD be Concerned, thats all I'm sayin.

Last edited by truegeek; 6/29/11 at 03:54 PM.
Old 6/28/11, 07:35 PM

Again, I'm just some smuck that has a Vin and Build date for Boss he has wanted since he was 9 Years old. I don't even know anybody that works for Ford let alone any body that would really know what there plans are. For those who have a car already the fewer cars made the better. Those of us still waiting want at least ours to be made.
I hope everyone gets the Car they want. But to just write of the indicators....
You and me both. Now if Ford would ship my Boss that's been sitting for three weeks I'd be a little closer to being one of those that actually has a car.
Old 6/28/11, 07:42 PM
V6 Member

I've seen your travails documented here and I feel for ya. I have an ETA of July 28th. You think for one second I'm bet'in on that coming true, as my mother use to say, "You got another think comin!" I can't think of his handle right now but the guy with the blaze here in East Tn that has been hangin for EVER, I'm think'in with my luck I'll make both of your wait time look like FedX. :-)
Old 6/28/11, 07:51 PM

I've seen your travails documented here and I feel for ya. I have an ETA of July 28th. You think for one second I'm bet'in on that coming true, as my mother use to say, "You got another think comin!" I can't think of his handle right now but the guy with the blaze here in East Tn that has been hangin for EVER, I'm think'in with my luck I'll make both of your wait time look like FedX. :-)
The dead zone between when your car is "produced" and ships with a rail car # is the worst part of the wait. Until you have a rail car # don't get too excited. Good luck and I hope your Boss arrives early.
Old 6/29/11, 07:54 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Kristin
I put money down on a Q3 build in December. Just checked in with the dealership's sales manager who forwarded me an email from the zone rep. Our Q3 has been pushed to a Q4. My dealership has been good to me in the past, so I'm just going to wait it out and hope that by the time my car arrives, the trackkey will actually be live. If it shows up in the middle of December, it'll go straight into my car trailer and from there to the garage at home til spring.
Hey Kristin,

If you’d like, I can track your order and provide updates for you. Just message me with your dealer name and order number.

Deysha
Old 6/29/11, 09:13 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
Hey Kristin,

If you’d like, I can track your order and provide updates for you. Just message me with your dealer name and order number.

Deysha
Can you check on my Oreder please? I sent you all of the info by PM..........

Thanks,
Dylan
Old 6/29/11, 09:40 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am quite certain this is correct.
Q3 and Q4 future owners IMO will get their cars and maybe even a price break for being at the tail end of the MY11 run...
Old 6/29/11, 03:24 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by YellowMan
Wish one of them was a Yellow Blaze....I am waiting on a Q4, and if a YB w/ RT shows up within 150 miles or so of OKC, selling at MSRP, I will be seriously interested.
I might have allocation at one of my stores to order you one. PM me if interested.

I think everyone needs to quit getting wrapped up in Q2, Q3, Q4. Remember, this is a MY 2012 vehicle that began production in early 2011. Typically the MY changes in July-October, leaving a full calendar year or more from NOW to build 2012's.
Old 6/30/11, 07:00 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by PACETTR
I might have allocation at one of my stores to order you one. PM me if interested.

I think everyone needs to quit getting wrapped up in Q2, Q3, Q4. Remember, this is a MY 2012 vehicle that began production in early 2011. Typically the MY changes in July-October, leaving a full calendar year or more from NOW to build 2012's.

While I understand your point, it's easy to say it now that your car is delivered. It's also easy to say that when you don't leave the country for 6 months at a time and can't drive any car, much less your Boss. With my car being a Q3, it could show up anytime from now until the end of the year. I know I'll be in Japan this time next year until the end of 2012. So it's still frustrating to be waiting.
Old 6/30/11, 09:22 AM

PM sent.
Old 6/30/11, 09:33 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by c6dreamvette
Can you check on my Oreder please? I sent you all of the info by PM..........

Thanks,
Dylan
Got your PM Dylan. I'll get to it as soon as I can.

Deysha
Old 6/30/11, 01:47 PM
GT Member

Deysha,

Just wanted to make sure you received my PM also.

Last edited by ApexCars; 6/30/11 at 03:57 PM.
Old 6/30/11, 08:37 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by ufnavy06
While I understand your point, it's easy to say it now that your car is delivered. It's also easy to say that when you don't leave the country for 6 months at a time and can't drive any car, much less your Boss. With my car being a Q3, it could show up anytime from now until the end of the year. I know I'll be in Japan this time next year until the end of 2012. So it's still frustrating to be waiting.
I played the same waiting game as everyone else, and I believe I was one of the last "Q1" cars built.
Old 7/1/11, 10:53 AM
GT Member

I played the same waiting game as everyone else, and I believe I was one of the last "Q1" cars built.
With all due respect, getting a QTR 1 build is not quite the same waiting game. My DORA was printed 11/19 and I'm still waiting. I just got word from Deysha that my order is "In order processing" and should get a scheduled build date in a couple of weeks. Hearing that after what my dealer said that started this thread is good news to me.

Quick Reply: Bad news from dealer