2012-2013 BOSS 302

Bad news from dealer

Search this Thread

Old 6/27/11, 09:41 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bad news from dealer

I ordered my Boss 302 LS back in November from a dealer for MSRP. I put down a deposit and got my DORA with no idea when I would get the car but that they did have an allocation for 1 LS. Finally they checked with a regional manager and told me it would be a third quarter build. Wanted earlier but okay, at least they will have some of the early production bugs worked out.

Today I got an email that they are being told because of the limited production they are just working them in to be built when they can and that while they do still have an allocation, they no longer have any idea of when the car will be built. They also said that the regional manager had changed my car to a priority 20.

Is anyone else hearing anything like this from their dealers or do you think they are hoping to run me off so they can sell my spot to someone else for an ADM?

Deysha, can you shed any light on this? Is Ford telling dealers that they are no longer allocating based on quarters and aren't really trying to fill their placed orders? If I give you my name and the dealers name can you find out anything more?
Old 6/27/11, 10:10 PM
Bullitt Member

I think the dealer is "gaming" you to get an ADM. If he took a deposit(did he cash it?) and is not agreeing to the "deal" you may have a case to expect performance of a contract. If you don't have anything in writing from the earlier deal you may be SOL. A Dora is not proof of a deal.
Old 6/27/11, 10:15 PM
Cobra R Member

There's 12 Bosses, within 50 miles of Ft. Worth...
http://www.cars.com/for-sale/searchr...ce&sf2Dir=DESC

On to the next one.
Old 6/28/11, 05:35 AM
Cobra R Member

A 20 priority isn't all that bad. You can always look elsewhere and if you can't find one at least you know yours should be built in a month or two.
Old 6/28/11, 05:35 AM

After reading the "I'm livid!" post last week I contacted my dealer to see what was going on. I have had a Q4 boss on order since March. My thoughts were that since the boss production numbers are way off (after all, we are in the last week of Q2), that maybe they were starting to pull back on the allocations for Q3 and Q4.

He responded back that "We are 100% of getting your car, they can not cut our allocation. It looked like they were going to pull it a few weeks ago, but did not. "

When I asked why the production numbers are way off, he responded "...they were stealing engines from the Mustang plant and using them in the F-150's they all but shut down the plant for awhile."

Now I know this is a salesman talking, but the highest number boss that I have seen posted is in the 870's. A long way from 5000-7000 (depending on who your talkimng to) cars for the 2012 model year.

I would be curious to hear Deysha's thoughts on the matter as well.
Old 6/28/11, 05:38 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by 2010MustangGT

On to the next one.

WOW! I can't believe all the Bosses on dealer lots. I thought these cars would be snatched up as quick as they could build them. I don't think the car is selling as well as Ford would've hoped.
Old 6/28/11, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by 2010MustangGT

On to the next one.
Wish one of them was a Yellow Blaze....I am waiting on a Q4, and if a YB w/ RT shows up within 150 miles or so of OKC, selling at MSRP, I will be seriously interested.
Old 6/28/11, 06:33 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Whammer
WOW! I can't believe all the Bosses on dealer lots. I thought these cars would be snatched up as quick as they could build them. I don't think the car is selling as well as Ford would've hoped.
Really, What's with all these guy's waiting on allocations??? they seem to be spread over the US pretty well and at least 15 at MSRP. 3 Leguna Seca's (probably not at list)
I'm going to check out the "Black Boss" at Varsity Ford today, its not clear what exactly it is but by the looks of the listing its a LS at near List.
Old 6/28/11, 06:37 AM
GT Member

There is a yellow blaze in ohio for sale 10 adm. I too have had an LS on order since 12/15. I have been told buy the dealer that it will be third qtr. So far Ford and the dealer have been up font with me. I have called Ford dealers from the cars.com sight looking for a car In most cases it is "bait and switch " very poor for so called professionals. I am not wasting my time anymore and am going to support my dealer and just wait it out. If anyone find an LS at msrp I will take it. woodyj5621@aol.com
Old 6/28/11, 07:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by bluemax
After reading the "I'm livid!" post last week I contacted my dealer to see what was going on. I have had a Q4 boss on order since March. My thoughts were that since the boss production numbers are way off (after all, we are in the last week of Q2), that maybe they were starting to pull back on the allocations for Q3 and Q4.

He responded back that "We are 100% of getting your car, they can not cut our allocation. It looked like they were going to pull it a few weeks ago, but did not. "

When I asked why the production numbers are way off, he responded "...they were stealing engines from the Mustang plant and using them in the F-150's they all but shut down the plant for awhile."

Now I know this is a salesman talking, but the highest number boss that I have seen posted is in the 870's. A long way from 5000-7000 (depending on who your talkimng to) cars for the 2012 model year.

those are the numbers for the entire two year production run.
Old 6/28/11, 08:10 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Bossdog
Really, What's with all these guy's waiting on allocations??? they seem to be spread over the US pretty well and at least 15 at MSRP. 3 Leguna Seca's (probably not at list)
I'm going to check out the "Black Boss" at Varsity Ford today, its not clear what exactly it is but by the looks of the listing its a LS at near List.
So what about them?
I'm pointing out that there are TONS of Bosses sitting on dealer lots. I think most people thought these cars would be snatched up quickly. So since they are sitting on lots I don't think they are selling as well as Ford would've hoped.
Old 6/28/11, 08:21 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Whammer
So what about them?
I'm pointing out that there are TONS of Bosses sitting on dealer lots. I think most people thought these cars would be snatched up quickly. So since they are sitting on lots I don't think they are selling as well as Ford would've hoped.
There is plenty of demand for the Boss, I just think too many dealers look at them as golden tickets to large profits thus skew the market. If they were negotiated and sold just like every other Mustang (or Ford for that matter), you would not see them sitting in showrooms for long.

I think people are also wising up to the problem with buying a car with an ADM, especially in this economic climate.
Old 6/28/11, 08:39 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by bluemax

Hey bluemax,

Message me with your order number and dealer name and I can look into it for you.

Deysha
Old 6/28/11, 08:41 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by ApexCars
I ordered my Boss 302 LS back in November from a dealer for MSRP. I put down a deposit and got my DORA with no idea when I would get the car but that they did have an allocation for 1 LS. Finally they checked with a regional manager and told me it would be a third quarter build. Wanted earlier but okay, at least they will have some of the early production bugs worked out.

Today I got an email that they are being told because of the limited production they are just working them in to be built when they can and that while they do still have an allocation, they no longer have any idea of when the car will be built. They also said that the regional manager had changed my car to a priority 20.

Is anyone else hearing anything like this from their dealers or do you think they are hoping to run me off so they can sell my spot to someone else for an ADM?

Deysha, can you shed any light on this? Is Ford telling dealers that they are no longer allocating based on quarters and aren't really trying to fill their placed orders? If I give you my name and the dealers name can you find out anything more?
Hi ApexCars,

Send me your dealer name and order number and I’ll find out what is going on.

Deysha
Old 6/28/11, 08:49 AM
V6 Member

I put money down on a Q3 build in December. Just checked in with the dealership's sales manager who forwarded me an email from the zone rep. Our Q3 has been pushed to a Q4. My dealership has been good to me in the past, so I'm just going to wait it out and hope that by the time my car arrives, the trackkey will actually be live. If it shows up in the middle of December, it'll go straight into my car trailer and from there to the garage at home til spring.
Old 6/28/11, 01:20 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
Hey bluemax,

Message me with your order number and dealer name and I can look into it for you.

Deysha
Deysha,

I sent you a PM with all of my info. Can you also check on the statice of my car please?

Thanks,
Dylan
Old 6/28/11, 02:01 PM
Cobra Member

i had a guy tell me the other day that when they were at a big stang show an engineer supposedly on the project said that the 12 would be a much shorter run than they expected with the delays, Japan, and the 5.0 motor issue. i know vito will be in here to say the clerk at his gas station told me the cars were on order lol. Still, several of the things i have heard around here have turned out to be mostly accurate so far.

that said, another ford person of some sort also said at the same show that the boss would change in September to a 13 model. I guess if there is any merit to that at all we should basically be seeing orders start for 13,s and only ordered cars being built this year. that would make a bit of sense. ford needing motors for the fast selling F150 and Japan would be back up (presumably this year) in full capacity. Probably all a load of BS, but i have often said if i were still waiting on a Q4 car i would have little expectations of getting it after what we have seen so far. i don't see sales of the F150 slowing and if the delay now is in fact the 5.0 who knows what will happen. anyway i repeat because I am bored and it is an interesting situation we have going on. i'd also wager many of those cars on line are listed at msrp and when you call they want adm on them.
Old 6/28/11, 02:32 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by ShaneM
i'd also wager many of those cars on line are listed at msrp and when you call they want adm on them.
I would also be surprised if there were that many Boss 302's sitting in dealers' stock at MSRP. Especially based on the number of people on this forum wsiting on their 2nd, 3rd & 4th QTR builds.
The black LS listed at MSRP in the N TX area has to be a "come on." At least I hope it is so that I am not tempted.
Old 6/28/11, 02:53 PM
GT Member

Thanks for posting up the info about the Bosses for sale but unless I find a black LS for MSRP or better, I'm going to try for my original deal. Yeah Patrick, I jsut called on that N TX LS and they want a $20k ADM.
Old 6/28/11, 04:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Shane,

FWIW, I'm being told by three reputable sources that my car is now a 4th quarter car scheduled for an Oct. build.

Quick Reply: Bad news from dealer