Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

anyone know of aftermarket lowering springs...?

Search this Thread

Old 10/28/11, 09:57 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JScheier
Peter - Not to disagree with you, but the swaybar on my Boss was in fact bound up in the stock bushings. I noted it when I installed my camber plates and again when I replaced the front sway bar with a strano unit. Heck, I think they glued the bushings to the bar as I can't even move them now that it's off the car.

I actually asked this of Todd when we were at Hastings... didn't really get an answer, but if you think about it, that's one way to increase front spring rate.

*Note: If you order a strano bar, you end up talking to Sam... and he'll also note that the boss 302's he's worked on also had the front bars in bind.
You are correct as noted a few times in other threads by Sam and myself.

Dave
Old 10/28/11, 11:16 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Mike.B
I found this interesting:
"Engineers experimented with numerous ride heights but discovered that lowering the car 11mm at the front and 1mm at the rear provided the best combination of handling. Vehicle integration engineers Kevin Groot and Nick Del Zio tried lowering the rear another 7mm but found that the car did not turn as well due to the rear suspension geometry.

"The car looks better when it's lower in the rear, but it just doesn't turn as well," said Groot.
"And we always prioritize turning"
Originally Posted by adam81
I am assuming that is with every thing else in the suspension stock. The 302s sits much lower but yes it has a completely different setup for the suspension. I want to lower the car but change as few parts as possible and improve lap times. A spring and swaybar kit should do this. Any company out there want to make some money?
Note, the 302S rear suspension has different lower control arms and LCA relocation brackets to keep the "rear suspension geometry" right.

Old 10/28/11, 12:03 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by MJockey
Note, the 302S rear suspension has different lower control arms and LCA relocation brackets to keep the "rear suspension geometry" right.
"right" for what? Pinion angle? Bump travel? Maybe it helps the LCA range of motion with coil-over shocks.

Dave
Old 10/29/11, 12:22 AM
GT Member

I got a 300A Brembo GT i lower it with steeda sport spring . Now in lowering the back of the car the lower control arm angle changes and it no longer can plant the rear tire as well as it did before it can also make the car snap oversteer eayser. I when to a bolt on relocation brackets just like the one in the pic. it help the car to plant the rear tire again like it did at the stock ride hight . If your going to lower the car its something you mite think about doing but if you go Sq with the tires set-up you can not use Sam Strano 22mm rear say bar with the relocation brackets on the car (they get in the way of this his sway bar set up) if i remenber right .
Old 10/29/11, 06:41 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by iDrive
"right" for what? Pinion angle? Bump travel? Maybe it helps the LCA range of motion with coil-over shocks.

Dave
Anti-squat brackets are typically used to fine tune the IC on a vehicle, especially one with an altered ride height.
Old 1/22/12, 11:01 AM
Bullitt Member

I just wanted to bump this up. It's been a little while so more people may have had the chance to alter their stock suspension. So if you have changed your stock suspension let us know what you did, and what the results were good and bad. Hopefully you track the car.....
Old 1/24/12, 09:30 PM
Bullitt Member

I just wanted to bump this up. It's been a little while so more people may have had the chance to alter their stock suspension. So if you have changed your stock suspension let us know what you did, and what the results were good and bad. Hopefully you track the car.....
X2, I am really wanting to lower my car. It will probably never see any serious track time. I just want to get rid of the huge rear wheel gap and not have to change a ton of stuff.
Old 1/24/12, 09:35 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally Posted by 96lasersnake
X2, I am really wanting to lower my car. It will probably never see any serious track time. I just want to get rid of the huge rear wheel gap and not have to change a ton of stuff.
Then get the Steeda sport springs. Contact Sam Strano and he'll set you up.

Ford Racing is still working on their Boss specific springs but it could be a couple of more months until they are available. They will lower the car a little and be suitable for both the track and street so I'm waiting to see what they come up with. I doubt anyone will be able to test their springs as thoroughly as FR.
Old 1/25/12, 04:46 AM
Bullitt Member

I am waiting for the FRPP springs as well. However I would be curious to know if they are deisgned to work with both the Boss and LS????

Also eveything else I have read and researched tends to say that you really need to do a complete damper and spring change together as the damper needs to be desinged with a specific spring use in mind....
Old 1/25/12, 09:09 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

I am waiting for the FRPP springs as well. However I would be curious to know if they are deisgned to work with both the Boss and LS????

Also eveything else I have read and researched tends to say that you really need to do a complete damper and spring change together as the damper needs to be desinged with a specific spring use in mind....
I don't know specifically if they will work on the LS but I suspect they will. These springs are bolt on with no modifications needed and will work with stock dampers.