Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

2012 Boss Order Guide Companion...including colors!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12/9/10, 02:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 Boss Order Guide Companion...including colors!!!!!!

Just found this...**** Ford!!! Why won't they let us know when stuff like this comes out???
Attached Files
Old 12/9/10, 02:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Had a dealer friend give me a copy of this the other day, it's cool (its out of the order book for all models) but what would be nice is an interactive app on the Ford Vehicle site allowing you to put the colors and stipes on a car, to see the combos.

Still, to this date, no real photos of a White/Black rig, or of a red/black rig.
Old 12/9/10, 02:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by dean_acheson
Had a dealer friend give me a copy of this the other day, it's cool (its out of the order book for all models) but what would be nice is an interactive app on the Ford Vehicle site allowing you to put the colors and stipes on a car, to see the combos.

Still, to this date, no real photos of a White/Black rig, or of a red/black rig.

Agreed, I'm looking forward to seeing the red/black.
Old 12/9/10, 03:16 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by cobrajetjoe
Agreed, I'm looking forward to seeing the red/black.
Same here, since that's what I ordered!

Got one marginal photoshop pic but I want to see the real thing!
Old 12/10/10, 10:37 AM
Bullitt Member

I am more concerned about what you can get or cannot get on the interior; example i would really love a glass roof but i know that is not happening on the Boss - slighly bummed but i get it. But since i plan to drive my car a lot ( yea i have one supposedly on order from a dealer where i am the only one to inquire ) i would really like to have the navigation and other electonic bling ... i am surprised that i am hearing on the head lamps the HID lights are not allowed on the car
Old 12/10/10, 10:41 AM
Bullitt Member

There are only two options on the Boss 302 (non LS): (1) the Torsen % Recaro package and (2) the floor mat & car cover accessory package. That's it, unless stripe delete counts as an option.
Old 12/10/10, 11:02 AM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by atrain1975
There are only two options on the Boss 302 (non LS): (1) the Torsen % Recaro package and (2) the floor mat & car cover accessory package. That's it, unless stripe delete counts as an option.
Except that as far as anyone had found, stripe delete is also not an option.
Old 12/10/10, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by exarkun
I am more concerned about what you can get or cannot get on the interior; example i would really love a glass roof but i know that is not happening on the Boss - slighly bummed but i get it. But since i plan to drive my car a lot ( yea i have one supposedly on order from a dealer where i am the only one to inquire ) i would really like to have the navigation and other electonic bling ... i am surprised that i am hearing on the head lamps the HID lights are not allowed on the car
I think you're missing the point of the BOSS. If you want all the fluff options, the GT500 is the car for you.
Old 12/10/10, 11:42 AM
Bullitt Member

I am not missing any points here; as I look at cars and the moderization i have certain expectations. The GT500 is nice but too heavy and i am not interested in a SC car ( been there and done that ); the GT 350 is disappointing to me that you have to drop ship it to vegas and its price tag is out of control; the Boss is a nice upper range OEM car that fits my bill. If i was going to race it I would get the LS or that new Cobra SJC car i am now hearing about. I will get one ( hopefully ) and if i have to ... i will customize it. The only other option which by now we would have heard something is a reissue of a Mach 1 but alas not to be.
Old 12/10/10, 12:08 PM
GT Member

The point being missed is that the Boss (ala: 1969-70) was a road racer. It homolagated the cars used in Trans Am and the rules regarding such meant that the street cars were very close to the track cars. Everything that helped with speed and handling went in; everything that didn't was fluff and was deleted.

Fast forward and Ford's intention with this car is to be as true as possible to the original "theme" of the Boss 302. Does Nav or Synch make the car faster? Handle better? No? Then leave it out! The only two nods to creature comfort left in (imo) are the radio and a/c. Personally, I could have lived without those and been very happy ('00 Cobra R...).

It sounds to me like perhaps the Premium GT with the Brembo package might be a more suitable fit for you?
Old 12/10/10, 12:50 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 66sprint200
The point being missed is that the Boss (ala: 1969-70) was a road racer. It homolagated the cars used in Trans Am and the rules regarding such meant that the street cars were very close to the track cars. Everything that helped with speed and handling went in; everything that didn't was fluff and was deleted.

Fast forward and Ford's intention with this car is to be as true as possible to the original "theme" of the Boss 302. Does Nav or Synch make the car faster? Handle better? No? Then leave it out! The only two nods to creature comfort left in (imo) are the radio and a/c. Personally, I could have lived without those and been very happy ('00 Cobra R...).

It sounds to me like perhaps the Premium GT with the Brembo package might be a more suitable fit for you?
exactly! I call it Heritage! Kudos to Ford for making it like the original just in the modern era.
Old 12/10/10, 12:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

The nav., etc., are easy enough retrofit. Just go to crutchfield and do the "outfit a car" section and it's almost plug and play after that.

I'm taking my aftermarkted nav/bluetooth from my bullitt to put in the B2 car when it arrives. It not as good as the sync in my wife's truck, but close enough.

I will miss the Shaker 1000.... but not enough not to make the leap.
Old 12/10/10, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by 66sprint200

Hit the nail right on the head.
Old 12/13/10, 01:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Well said, both of you.
However, I find the A/C and radio a necessity, after driving a 95R with NEITHER 3 hours to track (one way) 4-5 times a year in brutal South Carolina heat and humidity.
Heck other than that, I don't care if they throw out the rear seat and carpet!
Old 12/19/10, 08:08 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally Posted by StillIntense
Well said, both of you.
However, I find the A/C and radio a necessity, after driving a 95R with NEITHER 3 hours to track (one way) 4-5 times a year in brutal South Carolina heat and humidity.
Heck other than that, I don't care if they throw out the rear seat and carpet!
I'm fine with the way the car is outfitted but would have liked SYNC included. It can't add that much weight and is really a safety feature while talking on the phone while driving to and from the track. Plus you would have better communication with your pit crew.
Old 12/20/10, 11:32 AM
Bullitt Member

Thumbs up

I like the LS as is. I just added floormats and car cover option.
Fred
Old 12/20/10, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by FAST FRED
I like the LS as is. I just added floormats and car cover option.
Fred

I look forward to doing a nice burnout in it

Congrats again Fred, you baller you!
Old 12/20/10, 12:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by exarkun
I am not missing any points here; as I look at cars and the moderization i have certain expectations. The GT500 is nice but too heavy and i am not interested in a SC car ( been there and done that ); the GT 350 is disappointing to me that you have to drop ship it to vegas and its price tag is out of control; the Boss is a nice upper range OEM car that fits my bill. If i was going to race it I would get the LS or that new Cobra SJC car i am now hearing about. I will get one ( hopefully ) and if i have to ... i will customize it. The only other option which by now we would have heard something is a reissue of a Mach 1 but alas not to be.
Champion Ford, Katy, TX is building Mach 1's and will soon be installing "shaker" hood scoops as well. Contact David Simpson at 281 675 4741.
Old 12/20/10, 01:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Can't wait either Joe.