2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

What DON'T you want to see in the next gen Mustang?

Search this Thread

Old 7/27/13 | 08:10 PM
SUPERCHARGED RED ROCKET ------------------Master-Moderator

Originally Posted by Automagically
I also calculated inflation from 2005 to now and if you were to purchase a car at 25k then, it's equivalent to 29894. So that's decent in its own right.

Problem is that wages don't keep up with inflation or taxes.
Yes indeed ! everything else always continues to go up except for wages lol.
Old 7/27/13 | 11:48 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT

Yes indeed ! everything else always continues to go up except for wages lol.
Hey, it's the reason I didn't get a 2012
Old 7/28/13 | 01:57 AM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
As I stated earlier, my 05 GT premium had a sticker of $ 27,115.00 and the only options I didn't get were the red colored seats w/door inserts and shaker 1000 but got every other option that was available back then.. But as I also stated in a previous post, my real concern is once the 15's arrive in April I have a really bad feeling that you'll be looking anywhere in the 50-55k range for a fully loaded GT Premium coupe, so let's just hope the interior materials are much better as well by then.. At any rate, I totally agree that 35k really isn't bad at all for a 13-14 GT Premium Coupe and could probably afford one if I were to sell my current 05 GT, but like everybody else I'm anxiously awaiting to find out what the upcoming 15MY is going to really look like and what the pricing will actually be

If it does jump to the 50k range for fully loaded models the interior honestly better be par with sport coupes like the m3 and even Caddy V-Coupe. Put led map lights standard. A nice clean NAV display or crisper standard display. Track apps come stock, Leather with alcantara inserts like thecurrent Recaro seat option, power everything including folding mirrors, and alot more interior packages. Carbon fiber appearance, woodgrain package, alcantara package etc etc.

Performance wise we should get 3.55 stock for all models with 3.73 option, better (wider taller) tires, driveshaft in the v6 that can handle 120+ without risk of shreddin apart, and a host of other things.

My point here is that if we see a jump in price, overall quality better be matched up because if not, then the future may not see as much success as hoped for with the "global" stang. But i trust Ford is gonna hit it out the park with the next gen. Their first model mustang was a game changer, the 50th anniversary should be no different
Old 7/28/13 | 07:18 AM
Cobra Member

Interior quality jumped significantly during the 2011 refresh without price going up too much. And trust me, even if the mustang does become 50k, it won't be up to your interior standards based off the M3.

You don't get M3s brand new for 50k anymore. Try adding another 10k to that.

So quit your *****ing. The mustang isn't going to go up too much in price. But it will go up. They always do
Old 7/28/13 | 01:16 PM

First of all nobody's whining about a **** thing as everyone has different opinions and concerns just as you do..

As for the comment about the 15MY pricing.. What I posted was nothing more than just an estimated guess, hopefully pricing doesn't increase anywhere near 50-55k or M-3 territory, however I happen to agree that regardless of how much we see an increase in pricing Ford needs to offer their buyers more standard options.. For ie power folding side mirrors and most definitely better quality materials, especially interior wise more than anything else and what I mean by that is less plastic..

At any rate, there's a very huge difference between voicing a legitimate opinion or concern over someone who just always complains/whines for no reason whatsoever..

I may not always agree or even like what folks post on here sometimes, but also realize that everyone has the right to voice their opinions including yours as well..

With that said, my motto has always been.. Agree to Disagree and just leave it at that !

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 7/28/13 at 10:00 PM.
Old 7/28/13 | 01:20 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by Ethanjbeau
Interior quality jumped significantly during the 2011 refresh without price going up too much. And trust me, even if the mustang does become 50k, it won't be up to your interior standards based off the M3. You don't get M3s brand new for 50k anymore. Try adding another 10k to that. So quit your *****ing. The mustang isn't going to go up too much in price. But it will go up. They always do
Its not "*****ing" rather just voicing opinions of what id like to see. Personally im fine with a spartan interior, if the price matches the quality. Thats all were saying. We hope that the interior matches with the price
Old 7/28/13 | 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Automagically
Hey, it's the reason I didn't get a 2012
Same here Kelsey
Old 7/28/13 | 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by CCTking
Its not "*****ing" rather just voicing opinions of what id like to see. Personally im fine with a spartan interior, if the price matches the quality. Thats all were saying. We hope that the interior matches with the price
I couldn't had said it any better myself
Old 7/29/13 | 08:45 AM

I'd be content were the 2015 to even match Focus-levels of interior quality and design. Chasing full M3 interior quality would perhaps be a bit of a stretch, price-wise.

Besides, that's why Lincoln should come up with some upmarket sport coupe/sedan based off the Mustang platform with full BMW/Audi/Lexus/etc-level interior appointments and quality.
Old 7/29/13 | 09:46 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Originally Posted by rhumb
I'd be content were the 2015 to even match Focus-levels of interior quality and design. Chasing full M3 interior quality would perhaps be a bit of a stretch, price-wise.

Besides, that's why Lincoln should come up with some upmarket sport coupe/sedan based off the Mustang platform with full BMW/Audi/Lexus/etc-level interior appointments and quality.
Great idea! The Lincoln GT! :-)
Old 7/29/13 | 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by rhumb

Great idea indeed Rhumb ! If Lincoln can come up with a luxury sports coupe, not only would such a car boost sales, but would also compete with the Cadillac CTS-V as well
Old 7/30/13 | 09:22 AM

Yeah, the Mustang can, should and has been many things, but that can too easily become too many things that end up too compromised at either end (too expensive at the bottom, too low-grade at the top). Perhaps better too split it out above, say, the $40K price line and give Lincoln a desperately needed world class drivers car rather than the dreary slew of tarted up Ford, quasi-lux gadget mobiles they now are saddled with.

Give it a slight wheelbase stretch for a bit more room, its own worthy high-grade interior (rather than some low-grade Ford with a bunch of chintzy glitz overlaid), and some compelling yet refined and tasteful styling rather than simply a lot of shiny bits tacked onto an otherwise grim body.

The Cadillac, while not perfect, is still excellent and truly world-class, so it can be done and Lincoln has absolutely nothing that remotely holds a candle to it. Ford/Lincoln, time to shut up, forget the crutch of marketing surveys, focus groups, etc., and simply git 'er done, it IS that simple.
Old 7/31/13 | 03:04 PM

I don't want to see a b-pillar and a sail panel window (whatever you call it). I know it's probably not likely due to structural issues, but I really like the backseat windows that rolls down. Something more like what the 69-70 fastbacks have.

I always loved that on my '67 Cougar. Having all 4 windows down was a really nice look.

Last edited by DBCooper; 7/31/13 at 03:32 PM.
Old 7/31/13 | 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by DBCooper
I don't want to see a b-pillar and a sail panel window (whatever you call it). I know it's probably not likely due to structural issues, but I really like the backseat windows that rolls down. Something more like what the 69-70 fastbacks have.

I always loved that on my '67 Cougar. Having all 4 windows down was a really nice look.
I don't see why not ! As the convertible's rear seat windows roll down and apparently there are no structural issues involved, so why can't they do the same on a coupe or fastback

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 7/31/13 at 08:41 PM.
Old 7/31/13 | 08:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

:yes: every time I've ridden in the back of my car (2 or three times) I've wanted to knock that window out, the fixed window was killing me.
Old 7/31/13 | 09:03 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Agreed. That's my favorite feature of owning a vert. My top usually stays up but I always have all 4 windows down. It's great.
Old 7/31/13 | 11:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Mercedes offers that on the CL and E-Class coupe, and the last generation CLK had it too.
Old 8/1/13 | 11:26 PM
FR500 Member

I wish my 02 coupe couldve rolled all 4 windows down. Woulda looked killer!
Old 8/5/13 | 08:07 AM
Bullitt Member

I am not sure if it has been said yet but please, please, please, for the love of all things Holy, Unholy, good, and bad NO MFT (MyFordTouch). I have it on my '12 Titanium and that chit SUCKS. Ive had to take the Focus back 3 times just to have that program looked at.

Matthew
Old 8/5/13 | 08:55 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Matt's 95 Stang
I am not sure if it has been said yet but please, please, please, for the love of all things Holy, Unholy, good, and bad NO MFT (MyFordTouch). I have it on my '12 Titanium and that chit SUCKS. Ive had to take the Focus back 3 times just to have that program looked at.

Matthew
It's going to happen. Sorry about that. Vehicle infotainment is the hot thing now.

Quick Reply: What DON'T you want to see in the next gen Mustang?