2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

Those of you who dislike/hate the 2015

Search this Thread

Old 1/13/14, 11:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maybe it's because I'm an 05 owner, but I personally haven't been a big fan of many of the changes they've made since then.

Yes, the GT500 motor is nice. Yes, I'd like to have all of the electronics that these new cars have. Yes, the rear-end on the 05 is massive. Yes, I'd like to have more bolstered seats. No, I don't like the green interior lighting.... but from an overall perspective, I still love the look & feel of my 05.

Comparing it to the 2015, the one thing that really comes to mind is the interior... There's just so much going on as compared to the simplicity of the 2005.

Old 1/13/14, 06:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The 2005 was a cleaner and more cohesive design, inside and out, whereas the 2015 design seems to reflect the more modern trend towards somewhat busier, fussier designs that are a bit more of an amalgam of slightly disparate bits and elements. Some of that might be inevitable as there's just more to try to integrate into a cohesive whole, especially the interior with all the extra electronic doodads.
Old 1/13/14, 07:11 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by rhumb
The 2005 was a cleaner and more cohesive design, inside and out, whereas the 2015 design seems to reflect the more modern trend towards somewhat busier, fussier designs that are a bit more of an amalgam of slightly disparate bits and elements. Some of that might be inevitable as there's just more to try to integrate into a cohesive whole, especially the interior with all the extra electronic doodads.
Yea, what he said.......
Old 1/13/14, 07:12 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by friedmaster
Maybe it's because I'm an 05 owner, but I personally haven't been a big fan of many of the changes they've made since then.

Yes, the GT500 motor is nice. Yes, I'd like to have all of the electronics that these new cars have. Yes, the rear-end on the 05 is massive. Yes, I'd like to have more bolstered seats. No, I don't like the green interior lighting.... but from an overall perspective, I still love the look & feel of my 05.

Comparing it to the 2015, the one thing that really comes to mind is the interior... There's just so much going on as compared to the simplicity of the 2005.

I have to agree. I saw a beautiful 05-09 generation shelby, silver with white stripes pass by the other day. I'd be more inclined to add one of those to my stable as opposed to the '15. For me personally, the pics of the '15 indicate something lost. I may change my mind after seeing it in person. Hard to say.
Old 1/13/14, 07:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I don't hate the new 2015 but it will take some getting used to. At this stage, I like the 2013-2014 much better. I also will not say it won't grow on me. Other cars have and some that I liked at first I don't anymore. The 1998 to 2002 WS6 I did not like at first and now I think it is still one of the coolest looking car designs in the last 20 years.
Old 1/13/14, 08:35 PM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
Originally Posted by rhumb
Wait... that big red button on the bottom... it must be the EJECT button
Old 1/14/14, 06:02 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,171 Likes on 1,619 Posts
Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER
Wait... that big red button on the bottom... it must be the REJECT button
Fixed!
Old 1/14/14, 10:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

I liked the 2010 refresh quite a bit when I first saw it, still like the 2010-2012 design today (other than the tail lights). I hated the 2013 redesign when I first saw it, then I liked it the more I saw it, considered buying one, but now I'm starting to dislike it the more I see it. I don't even like the tail lights on the '13's and '14's anymore. It looks too futuristic and strange. I have a feeling the 2015 will be the same. I hated it at first, started to like it more, now I hate it again. The 2005-2009 models are still by far the best looking modern Mustangs IMO, even though they pale in comparison to the newer models spec wise. I've said it many times before, but 40 or 50 years down the road, the '05-09's (specifically limited edition models like the Bullitt) are going to be classics that everyone drools over, not the newer ones out right now.
Old 1/15/14, 11:50 PM
Cobra Member

The 15' is a great looking car. I'm not a hater like many other 11-14 owners. I think the car looks great and improvements are very good. I'm not remotely thinking of getting rid of my car but I see myself in the next generation mustang in the next 5 years.
Old 1/16/14, 12:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
2015 interior might look busy, and not as nice/simple flowing like lets say the 2005 or the 2010, but the quality will be 10 times better compared to the per-bencrupcy era interiors, and that includes the 2005 model mustang. It dated horribly( cant blame it, almost everything from 2001-2008 falls in that category), and quality/look of a diecast matchbox car, while 2010 was to me a proper take on the same layout but with a proper, high quality design and materials. Still the 2015 center console sucks in my opinion, looks like a rounder plastic slob, I love the cup holder flipcover on the current car, makes the console, edgy, and elegant when its not in use. Plus I can put stuff in there and cover it without people being able to see whats there from outside the car.
Old 8/5/14, 04:19 AM

Yeah, it is ok to dislike, no, really hate the 2015 Mustang. Granted, it will be a strong GT! Granted, it will be a softer ride, if that is how you define a real Mustang. For sure, it will be a better all-around car than my 65 fastback or 85 convertible or 01 convertible or my 04 Mach 1 or my 05 GT or my 07 GT or my 2012 or my 2014. That's enough. For me, and some others who have been around for the whole Mustang experience, THE unique thing about a real Mustang are the lines, what it looks like. The 2015 looks like a wreck of a Fusion and a Z car with some European body work. Then again, us old guys are dying out (along with our money), so Ford is now trying to make a car for you younger guys in US, Germany, Brazil, etc. Oh well, all things must change. Don't know that the 50th Anniversary Stang I have coming at sticker price will ever see my garage. I have looked & looked at the pictures on the internet, but still cannot get used to it, much less call it beautiful.
Old 8/6/14, 07:58 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Rev Ron
Yeah, it is ok to dislike, no, really hate the 2015 Mustang. Granted, it will be a strong GT! Granted, it will be a softer ride, if that is how you define a real Mustang. For sure, it will be a better all-around car than my 65 fastback or 85 convertible or 01 convertible or my 04 Mach 1 or my 05 GT or my 07 GT or my 2012 or my 2014. That's enough. For me, and some others who have been around for the whole Mustang experience, THE unique thing about a real Mustang are the lines, what it looks like. The 2015 looks like a wreck of a Fusion and a Z car with some European body work. Then again, us old guys are dying out (along with our money), so Ford is now trying to make a car for you younger guys in US, Germany, Brazil, etc. Oh well, all things must change. Don't know that the 50th Anniversary Stang I have coming at sticker price will ever see my garage. I have looked & looked at the pictures on the internet, but still cannot get used to it, much less call it beautiful.
It's certainly your right to dislike the new Mustang, as with everything else- beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I had the Fox body Mustangs, which when they came out were not universally liked but now are considered "classics" . They had no design ques other than the long hood short deck but I loved them.. This car is in my opinion the same transformational vehicle. It has the long hood , short deck. It differs from the Fox with it's many styling ques from the classic car as well as the previous model, but yet it does have a more modern overall appearance which I find very attractive ( especially in person, pics just don't do this car justice) and it has probably the best interior of any generation. I say give the car a chance, the DNA is there, the V8 is there and now with an incredibly strong 4 cylinder and a V6. I may be a cheerleader for this car, but I think it's going to be a hit and get a whole new generation into the "mustang club" ! I'm looking forward to getting my Ecoboost next Spring!!
Old 8/6/14, 08:16 AM
Bullitt Member

Here are my thoughts:

I like the 2015 overall but dislike a couple things about it. I think it could look a little more aggressive up front and right now the angle of the rear decklid bothers me. I wish it were more vertical with less overhang from above it. It is too scalloped in for my taste. I know you will be able to buy more aggressive grilles and bumpers at some point and a grille is a good option but I would never buy an aftermarket bumper as to me that is too much money to spend between buying and painting. I am also not a huge fan of he MT-82. Mine isn't horrible but it still doesn't feel great compared to other manuals and even my last MT-82 in the 12 GT I had. But I hope they change it to something better by 2018. Granted I am stock and I don't race it, just occasionally spirited driving. but even just cruising around it doesn't feel great to me.

I bought a 2014 GT in November because I really like the 14 design and figure since ford is pretty much on a 3 year refresh cycle figured I would wait and see what the 2018 design holds. I am thinking it may get a little more aggressive, bigger HP jump, HOPEFULLY a better manual trans and maybe better deals to be had as the newness of the design will have worn off more. And, Hopefully I will have gotten enough raises by then to afford an SE mustang. (GT350, etc...)

I think the 2015+ will be a great performer and I LOVE the interior. I can't wait for the 2018 model
Old 8/6/14, 08:32 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 58 Likes on 27 Posts
the night I saw the 2010 reveal, ford sold another mustang... I ordered a 2009 the very next morning. the day I saw the 2015, well, I didnt dislike it as much as the '10, but it really didnt/still dont look like a mustang to me... I think at a block away it will still get confused with a fusion, and to me thats just sad. it will be a heck of a great car no doubt, but so was the GTO- but they gotta look the part too, at least maybe to some of us old farts that grew up in the fastback era.

my mom had a 66 charger, definitely a fastback profile, definitely a performer (at 6 i remember looking over her shoulder at 140 mph across new mexico) but as neat of a car as that was, I still didnt think it looked great...
similar feelings on the 15 mustang to me- great car, not quite great styling. Chrysler followed that one up with the 'general lee' bodied years, in my mind some of the most beautiful cars ever built- hopefully Ford might build another 'gotta have it' looking one in '18 or so, like the '05 was to me...but until then out of all current offerings, if I were to go buy a new car it would have to be a Challenger, mopar and all, it just looks right
Old 8/6/14, 08:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by hatchttu
I am also not a huge fan of he MT-82. Mine isn't horrible but it still doesn't feel great compared to other manuals and even my last MT-82 in the 12 GT I had. But I hope they change it to something better by 2018. Granted I am stock and I don't race it, just occasionally spirited driving. but even just cruising around it doesn't feel great to me.
Blowfish Racing just opened pre-orders on their new MT-82 fix. By all accounts, it fixes all the known issues with the MT-82. After all I've been through with my trans, I am excited to have one on order as I type this. It's also much less expensive than I ever imagined.

I suspect that if the '15 models with the MT-82 show the same issues as previous models, Blowfish will adapt this mod to fix the next generation of Mustangs as well.
Old 8/6/14, 09:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Boss 0960
Blowfish Racing just opened pre-orders on their new MT-82 fix. By all accounts, it fixes all the known issues with the MT-82. After all I've been through with my trans, I am excited to have one on order as I type this. It's also much less expensive than I ever imagined. I suspect that if the '15 models with the MT-82 show the same issues as previous models, Blowfish will adapt this mod to fix the next generation of Mustangs as well.
What is their mod? the 2015 has a fully resigned and much beefier linkage along with improved syncros. Most likely won't be necessary for the 2015.
Old 8/7/14, 06:02 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 773 Likes on 565 Posts
I just love the 15
Old 8/7/14, 06:14 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by xlover
What is their mod? the 2015 has a fully resigned and much beefier linkage along with improved syncros. Most likely won't be necessary for the 2015.
It is a bracket that mounts the shifter to the rear of the transmission. If the 2015 still has the shifter mounted to the body, we could still see the same issues when the engine/trans rotates under load.
Old 8/7/14, 07:41 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Glenn
I just love the 15
Glenn you crack me up. One day you hate it, one day you love it.
Old 8/7/14, 09:13 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Boss 0960
It is a bracket that mounts the shifter to the rear of the transmission. If the 2015 still has the shifter mounted to the body, we could still see the same issues when the engine/trans rotates under load.
Photo from svt performance article. Looks like pericak and team took the complaints to heart very substantial linkage

Quick Reply: Those of you who dislike/hate the 2015