2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

Think we will see a tiny peek on the 17th?

Search this Thread

Old 5/6/13, 11:54 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2

I like the Evos based renderings. I also think the Ficus grill could be deeper set, lower and wider which would be perfect for the Mustang. I believe had that look debuted on the Mustang first we'd all be ecstatic.
I know you don't mind it. I don't either. It's just that I see a collective here and other sites that stress over a fusion styled Mustang. Or Evos anyway. Not sure what they will do but the new engine is too good not for me to like whatever is coming.
Old 5/6/13, 06:57 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've said it before but I wouldn't be terribly surprised if everyone doesn't have it backwards (ie: the EVOS looks like the S550 Mustang, not the S550 Mustang looks like the EVOS).
Old 5/7/13, 04:29 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by SVTCobraR315
I loved my 94 probe GT. would've been nicer with 200hp, but it was a really fun car. Would love to see a RWD version to compete with the brz/frs.
Yea it was a great car! Easy to toss around, great design and I loved the fact that the car barely had any blind spots. It's a pity that Ford let that car wither on the vine While I would love to see this car reborn as a toyobaru competitor, i'd rather see it as a reborn fwd Capri. Use the Focus c2 chassis with a base 4 cylinder and the range topping ecoboost 4 producing 260hp with Revoknuckle suspension===yummy!!
Old 5/7/13, 04:38 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Wolfsburg
I've said it before but I wouldn't be terribly surprised if everyone doesn't have it backwards (ie: the EVOS looks like the S550 Mustang, not the S550 Mustang looks like the EVOS).
Amen to that!! I've been saying that for quite some time. Evos was completed after the mustang and fusion design was finished in order to hint where the future Ford design were heading. Hell even the people that have supposedly seen the final product say that the Mustang is almost a body double of the Evos.
Old 5/8/13, 09:18 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Eagle-1

Yea it was a great car! Easy to toss around, great design and I loved the fact that the car barely had any blind spots. It's a pity that Ford let that car wither on the vine While I would love to see this car reborn as a toyobaru competitor, i'd rather see it as a reborn fwd Capri. Use the Focus c2 chassis with a base 4 cylinder and the range topping ecoboost 4 producing 260hp with Revoknuckle suspension===yummy!!
Lol I can see a Capri being like the scirocco is to the golf/GTI. A hatch but smaller? Lol. I'd still have to go to the rwd probe GT ecoboost 4 250 HP. Man I can just imagine lol. Hold on let me wipe my drool.

1,6/2.0 Ecoboost 4
200hp/250hp 240tq/280tq
2900lbs/3000lbs
RWD 6-speed
23/21mpg city
34/30mpg hwy
0-60mph 6.5/5.7
Old 5/22/13, 11:56 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
330 days to go...

Guessing these guys would know...
http://www.henryford150.com/mustang-50th/

"Several generations of Mustangs—and Mustang-lovers—later, Ford Motor Company is planning a 50th Anniversary edition of its famous pony. The company will unveil a redesigned Mustang in April 2014, 50 years to the month after its debut."
Old 5/22/13, 12:18 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Topnotch

"Several generations of Mustangs—and Mustang-lovers—later, Ford Motor Company is planning a 50th Anniversary edition of its famous pony. The company will unveil a redesigned Mustang in April 2014, 50 years to the month after its debut."

Thanks for the link, have never seen that site before.

Gonna be fun watching Ford try and keep things under wraps, or at least control the flow of information to the public. (and not to beat a dead horse, but how ordering/production of the 2015MY goes down. ie dates)
Old 5/22/13, 12:43 PM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Interesting link, thanks Sean. Counting down the days

Now, more to the point, please can we have a BIG version of your avatar piccie

Old 5/22/13, 01:08 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Topnotch

This will be the biggest reveal of any mustang to date!! Can't wait!
Old 5/22/13, 01:17 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hmm, "unveil". Typically when a car is unveiled, that means it's a pre-production prototype with actual production at least a couple months away and dealer deliveries even further out. I really hope they've got 2015's out on the street by summer. I've already planned a mini-vacation to go to the Sturgis Mustang Rally for Labor Day weekend in 2014 and I'm hoping there will be some 2015's on display there. It would be a shame if Mustang Rallies across the country next summer are celebrating the Mustang's 50th anniversary, and there are no 50th Anniversary cars.
Old 5/22/13, 08:00 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
True, Reveal works too, definition stated below. Lol

a. To make known (something concealed or secret):
b. To bring to view; show.

Last edited by SONICBOOST; 5/22/13 at 08:02 PM.
Old 5/22/13, 08:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Amen to that!! I've been saying that for quite some time. Evos was completed after the mustang and fusion design was finished in order to hint where the future Ford design were heading. Hell even the people that have supposedly seen the final product say that the Mustang is almost a body double of the Evos.
I'm not so sure about that, I've read several posts of people saying it will not be the Evos. The Evos is basically a 2 door coupe version of the Fusion.

If the '15 Mustang is Evos then I'm OUT. I'll just dump a ton of money in my '06 and pass on the '15 altogether. I'm all for moving forward but it has to be Mustang forward not just duplicating another product.
Old 5/23/13, 10:21 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
So for those who say that the Evos is not a Mustang, I propose the following question. Do you consider the Fox Body a Mustang?

If so you may have flawed logic. The Fox, especially through the early 90s carried a lot of elements from the Ford line.

That might be an argument against the Evos. How well did the Fox do in comparison. Do you look back and think, have we made this mistake before?
Old 5/23/13, 04:13 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Evos is the best looking Mustang to date. And having the Fusion riff on the Mustang look is OK by me.
Old 5/24/13, 08:45 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The Evos is the best looking Mustang to date. And having the Fusion riff on the Mustang look is OK by me.
It would be your opinion the Evos are the best looking mustang to date. Not a fact just an opinion. The front facia is fine for a Ford fusion not a mustang. If one wants a front facia of a Fusion then I would buy a Fusion. Like I said before someone has to be number two and three in sales. Chevy with there Camaro can continue to dominate and outsell more units and be number 1 for the pony cars.
Old 5/24/13, 10:44 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue

It would be your opinion the Evos are the best looking mustang to date. Not a fact just an opinion. The front facia is fine for a Ford fusion not a mustang. If one wants a front facia of a Fusion then I would buy a Fusion. Like I said before someone has to be number two and three in sales. Chevy with there Camaro can continue to dominate and outsell more units and be number 1 for the pony cars.
Correct, I posted my opinion. Never quoted any facts. It's my opinion the current Mustang, while a smart return to its roots it too tall and bulky. The car needs to be a lower sleeker modern EVOlution of the lineage, correctly reset in '05

And I am OK with the Fusion adapting a version of the Mustang grill for its own purpose. It may be first on sale, but we don't know where the idea for the look began, other than it looks more Mustang than previous Ford attempts at Corporate Faces.

Last edited by Fenderaddict2; 5/24/13 at 10:46 AM.
Old 5/24/13, 11:33 AM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I'm going to reiterate...

GR1!

The new Mustang needs to look like the GR1.

Thank you.
Old 5/26/13, 10:32 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts

Correct, I posted my opinion. Never quoted any facts. It's my opinion the current Mustang, while a smart return to its roots it too tall and bulky. The car needs to be a lower sleeker modern EVOlution of the lineage, correctly reset in '05

And I am OK with the Fusion adapting a version of the Mustang grill for its own purpose. It may be first on sale, but we don't know where the idea for the look began, other than it looks more Mustang than previous Ford attempts at Corporate Faces.

For once, with you. Times are a changin y'all. If you have any reservations with getting your mind wrapped around that statement, take a look at the last gen Explorer and Pathfinder, and compare them to the newest generations. Not to say that the Mustang is to become a bloated FWD pig, because we know it's not, but it's time for a change. The S197 was always too big to me, which is why I bought another SN95 - it's just the perfect size. I wish the car had the 2010+ interior, but I love the size of the SN95 and the sleep styling. It's still a Mustang, and one of the best selling generations of the marque. I love the styling of the S197s, but they need to be 7/8 the size - I'm all for a smaller, less overhang having, sleeker 2+2 coupe!
Old 10/17/13, 08:02 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by cinque35
yeah there's no way ford's gonna leak anything at all about the 15's now,
we're entering prime mustang season & they wanna sell as many 14's as possible during the summer.
when sales fall off in nov. then they'll start hyping the 15's for the spring
looks like my prediction from april was right

Old 10/17/13, 10:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Ummmmmmmm.....

New Ford Capri

Latest word is it's been put on hold while Ford sees how well the Mustang does world-wide. Rumor is if the Mustang fails outside of the US then this will be ramped up to replace it in Europe and Australia.

Last edited by Moustang; 10/17/13 at 10:04 AM.

Quick Reply: Think we will see a tiny peek on the 17th?