Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Steeda saying 2015 gained 2-300 pounds...R&T says not as much

http://jalopnik.com/the-2015-ford-mu...-fa-1584241975

Old 5/31/14, 04:26 PM
Cobra Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
If it's true, that sucks. :-/

I wonder if Steeda will get slapped on the hand for letting that out of the bag too?

At any rate, I'm sure it will still be faster than the last GT.
Old 5/31/14, 04:45 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 670 Likes on 542 Posts
I've read it's 200 pounds lighter too. Let us not jump to conclusions just yet.

I'm not saying Steeda's wrong or whatever... just sayin', official, out on the street, numbers are important.

For all we know, Steeda's being asked to tell a lil' fib so as to surprise the enemy.
Old 5/31/14, 05:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by houtex
I've read it's 200 pounds lighter too. Let us not jump to conclusions just yet. I'm not saying Steeda's wrong or whatever... just sayin', official, out on the street, numbers are important. For all we know, Steeda's being asked to tell a lil' fib so as to surprise the enemy.
Lol this could be true, especially considering Steeda's close relationship with Ford, but honestly if it were a big drop, Ford would've announced it at the reveal, like they did for the F-150....
Old 5/31/14, 05:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by houtex
I've read it's 200 pounds lighter too. Let us not jump to conclusions just yet.

I'm not saying Steeda's wrong or whatever... just sayin', official, out on the street, numbers are important.

For all we know, Steeda's being asked to tell a lil' fib so as to surprise the enemy.
I want to believe.

That would also be incredibly crafty and hilarious.

Last edited by Captain Spadaro; 5/31/14 at 05:56 PM.
Old 5/31/14, 06:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No surprised at all. I was hopping for at lest zero pound gain but with all the technology, airbags, structure reenforcement to meet safety standard and yes the IRS, it was kind of inevitable. But at last the Mustang lost about 100+ of sprung weight due the IRS.
Old 5/31/14, 06:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

I am betting the steeda post is wrong. Ford has made a point of not sharing this info. And for steeda to casually drop it violating the non disclosure agreement which allows them to get a pre production car in the first place. Basically would destroy their relationship with ford. My guess is some internet marketing intern read some rumor online and spoke out of turn to make their efforts sound better.

Last edited by xlover; 5/31/14 at 06:53 PM.
Old 5/31/14, 06:46 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if it gained weight, but it would be hilarious if Ford is passing out test vehicles with bags of concrete in the spare tire cradle.
Old 5/31/14, 06:57 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Boomer
I wouldn't be surprised if it gained weight, but it would be hilarious if Ford is passing out test vehicles with bags of concrete in the spare tire cradle.
Lololol...right?

I'm going to guess 4000 lbs for a fully loaded GT vert, 3800 for a coupe. EcoBoost at 3600 for a vert, 3400 for a coupe, V6 pretty much the same as the EB.
Old 5/31/14, 08:01 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Oink oink. Been saying it for months.
Old 5/31/14, 08:22 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by tom281
Oink oink. Been saying it for months.
You and me both lol
Old 6/1/14, 05:26 AM
Cobra Member

Old 6/1/14, 08:08 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sure hope not. That would take away its edge over the competition. It's the reason why Camaros and Challengers can't keep up with it. Would be a huge mistake.
Old 6/1/14, 05:33 PM
GT Member

Breaks my heart, saves my wallet. Been waiting for actual performance numbers for awhile now.

Still waiting.
Old 6/1/14, 07:48 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Its about the same length, its lower but also wider, there is more buttons and doo dads, irs is heavy. Given all this id say its gotta be heavier than the outgoing Gt, but not by much! Will probably corner better but for only $1000 raise in msrp i think we just have a lot of overly hopeful prospective buyers building the new Stang up to godly status lol. There will be some very let down customers unfortunately but most of us will appreciate the still phenomenal bang for the buck performance this car will be! Its still just a Mustang guys, if it were as good as all the hype being pushed it would be competing directly against the new Vette "thats not going to happen" mkeh ;-)
Old 6/1/14, 08:14 PM

Given Ford's conspicuous reticence on the weight issue, the Steeda rumour may be closer to the truth than not. Certainly if the Stang were 200 lbs under the comparable current car, Ford would have been shouting that from the rooftops. Had they merely held even on the fat, I'd expect some perfunctory mention along the lines of "holding the weight while increasing features/technology/content."

However, given Ford's obdurate silence on the matter of mass, I'm more than a little worried that Steeda's leak may prove true.

That said, even if true, a bit premature to write off the S550 until we see how it actually performs. The greatly increased tech my we'll overcome the increase in pudge and result in a better Stang overall. Maybe.

Ford will probably now have to come clean on the S550's weight lest the rumour mills spin out of control and have it porking out at 7K lbs or something.
Old 6/1/14, 08:15 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Astenax
Its about the same length, its lower but also wider, there is more buttons and doo dads, irs is heavy. Given all this id say its gotta be heavier than the outgoing Gt, but not by much! Will probably corner better but for only $1000 raise in msrp i think we just have a lot of overly hopeful prospective buyers building the new Stang up to godly status lol. There will be some very let down customers unfortunately but most of us will appreciate the still phenomenal bang for the buck performance this car will be! Its still just a Mustang guys, if it were as good as all the hype being pushed it would be competing directly against the new Vette "thats not going to happen" mkeh ;-)
From the looks and features and what it sounds like it's going to be I would take the 2015 Mustang over a majority of Audis, BMWs, and Mercedes I see on the streets. And it's ,"just a mustang".
Old 6/1/14, 08:26 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Hate the way the article compares the extra weight to "carrying a fat friend that's been trying to lose weight all his life."

What the fvck. So many analogies that could have been used to describe the alleged additional weight.

For instance:
1. The two supermodels in the back seat.
2. The "loot" from the big heist.
3. The keg for the big party.
4. The family of Great Danes you risked your life to save from oncoming traffic
5. Several recycling boxes of MC Hammer, Milli Vanilli, and Vanilla Ice CDs
6. The delivery packages in plain brown paper that you're not supposed to open or ask questions about.
7. Barack Obama (naked for weight reduction)
Old 6/1/14, 08:33 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SONICBOOST
From the looks and features and what it sounds like it's going to be I would take the 2015 Mustang over a majority of Audis, BMWs, and Mercedes I see on the streets. And it's ,"just a mustang".
Right! As i said some of us "myself included" will see the bang for the buck value of the new Mustang! Just as i chose my new 2014 GT over similarly priced cars! However the "just a Mustang" line that you obviously jumped on, was in reference to all the hype over this new Stang! At the end of the day Ford is building a budget sport coupe for the masses and not a Lamborghini loool ;-)
Old 6/1/14, 08:44 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Astenax
Right! As i said some of us "myself included" will see the bang for the buck value of the new Mustang! Just as i chose my new 2014 GT over similarly priced cars! However the "just a Mustang" line that you obviously jumped on, was in reference to all the hype over this new Stang! At the end of the day Ford is building a budget sport coupe for the masses and not a Lamborghini loool ;-)
I agree and kudos to those that get to enjoy this new low budget sport coupe, although the 2014 is still a great car in itself. I was somewhat suprized at the slight increase in price from the current stang. Definitely a bang for the buck!

Quick Reply: Steeda saying 2015 gained 2-300 pounds...R&T says not as much