2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

‘Slaughtered‘and banned –maybe harsh …your thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 1/7/14, 05:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool ‘Slaughtered‘and banned –maybe harsh …your thoughts

I apologise for the spam thing; it really wasn’t intentional. This was my first attempt at participating in a forum and I made a mess of it. My mistake was in assuming my first, and then the second post was not entered properly; and so I started a new thread. I know it sounds dumb -it was…but banned? I have visited TMC occasionally in the past 2 years and found the threads very informative. The look of the new Mustang hit on something I’m passionate about.
The ‘horse slaughtering’ comment …maybe harsh. The sports-car image is not necessarily bad thing, as was pointed out and was probably inevitable anyway. The interior, the side and rear view are OK, - a little over-styled, but the snarky front end (grille, head lights and turn signal assemblies), I doubt if It’ll ever grow on me. It seems like one of the higher-ups at Ford decided all its cars should all have the same look on the dealer’s lot -your thoughts?
Old 1/7/14, 06:02 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Dougstang
I apologise for the spam thing; it really wasn’t intentional. This was my first attempt at participating in a forum and I made a mess of it. My mistake was in assuming my first, and then the second post was not entered properly; and so I started a new thread. I know it sounds dumb -it was…but banned? I have visited TMC occasionally in the past 2 years and found the threads very informative. The look of the new Mustang hit on something I’m passionate about.
The ‘horse slaughtering’ comment …maybe harsh. The sports-car image is not necessarily bad thing, as was pointed out and was probably inevitable anyway. The interior, the side and rear view are OK, - a little over-styled, but the snarky front end (grille, head lights and turn signal assemblies), I doubt if It’ll ever grow on me. It seems like one of the higher-ups at Ford decided all its cars should all have the same look on the dealer’s lot -your thoughts?
Yeah, One of the Higher Ups at Ford did decide All it's Cars should have the Same Front End... It just Happens that that "Snarky Front End" Family Look was Designed and Inspired By the 68 Shelby Mustang... So I Guess the Mustang is The New Face of Ford.

This Is One of the Original Design Sketches that Proves the Front End was Inspired by the 68 Shelby...
Attached Images  

Last edited by TampaBear67; 1/7/14 at 06:04 PM.
Old 1/7/14, 07:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having some brand cohesiveness is not necessarily a bad thing, if implemented well and the underlying design itself is good. In the case of the Mustang, I think both parameters are met for the most part: it is basically well executed, if not perfectly, on the Mustang with sufficient distinctiveness, and the overarching design is good - the corporate nose itself is perhaps 1/3 Mustang, 1/3 Aston Martin and 1/3 its own thing.
Old 1/7/14, 10:15 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Spamming is against forum rules.

As explained before, there was no need to create a separate thread when there are others on the subject.

As again, we don't need numerous threads talking about the same subjects cluttering up the board. Please use the search function and post in the appropriate threads.