2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

"Leaked" 2015 Mustang on Dec. cover of Car & Driver

Search this Thread

Old 11/23/13, 06:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No need for "making up reasons" here. I like my 14 regardless of what the 15 or others may look like. However, as with all companies, Ford is playing a marketing game by releasing "private/undercover pictures", speculations of what the future holds (Evo), etc., to prepare for the changes. Anyone who has been paying attention the last six months knows what is coming. Whether our opinions are biased or not does not make them any less valid than yours (which I'm sure are biased as well).

Last edited by smrbrz; 11/23/13 at 07:00 PM.
Old 11/23/13, 08:24 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Clino
I knew this was coming. All the people who just bought 13/14s making up reasons why they don't like the 15 before they've even seen it properly. We're all entitled to our opinions, but just remember that yours is biased if you've already invested in the current car rather than waiting for the (most likely better) future model.
Isn't there always a most likely better future model? Why not wait till 2025 mustang model comes out to buy it. Highly probable it will most likely be better than the 2015 model.

Sometimes one just needs to stop and enjoy what you have or in this case what a company has to offer. I bought a 2011 mustang knowing that in 4 years the next generation stang would be out. Clearly I could of gone the route of waiting for the next generation and never got my 11. Unfortunately with that logic or thought process it would be 4 years less life enjoyment of driving a mustang. F that. I personally fell in love with the design of my 11 pony and in fact my own opinion the best looking models to date are the 2010 to 14 models. That's not say the 2015 model won't be nicer and faster but that doesn't change the feeling of loving my 11 retro model. There are gonna be many enthusiasts who love the retro year models and will not buy the next generation model. For those enthusiasts, just buy the retro models. Its like the fox body enthusiasts, go buy a fox body.

Ford will gain new mustang enthusiasts , keep the same ones and loose some as well. Always been like that and always will. As long as Ford gains more sales than loosing customers, that's all Ford and any company cares about. Its about making money and profit on a vehicle.

Last edited by 2011 Kona Blue; 11/23/13 at 08:28 PM.
Old 11/23/13, 09:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Clino
I knew this was coming. All the people who just bought 13/14s making up reasons why they don't like the 15 before they've even seen it properly. We're all entitled to our opinions, but just remember that yours is biased if you've already invested in the current car rather than waiting for the (most likely better) future model.
Ha! Yup, you hear new edge owners saying things like "where's the curves on the current stang. They need to make the 2015 with some curves like the new edges". Or the fox body owners; "bring back the fox". Just like some b6 owners come up with so many reasons why they didn't buy the GT. I personally think there should be a radical change, because that's what was understood. Biased because I'm tired of the same body style for so long. True, I have my favorite body style and favor certain Mustang queues, but they are biased too. If Ford has done their homework, all will be fine. Some will like it, others will not. And some, like me, will most likely warm up to it with time. An example would be how much I hated the SN95 when it first came out. Then even more when they introduced the 4.6L...hated it. When the new edge came around, it was like a 180 for me. After hearing the 4.6L with aftermarket exhaust, I warmed up to the mod motor some. Even more with the 4V mod motors. Then the 05's came out and I was in love. It wasn't until the 2010's came out that I started to get tired of the s197's. So, I'm ready for a long overdue radical change. So I honestly hope that car under the sheet is the new stang and that it is more radical than the pics that are circulating.
Old 11/23/13, 10:35 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Azure

Ha! Yup, you hear new edge owners saying things like "where's the curves on the current stang. They need to make the 2015 with some curves like the new edges". Or the fox body owners; "bring back the fox". Just like some b6 owners come up with so many reasons why they didn't buy the GT. I personally think there should be a radical change, because that's what was understood. Biased because I'm tired of the same body style for so long. True, I have my favorite body style and favor certain Mustang queues, but they are biased too. If Ford has done their homework, all will be fine. Some will like it, others will not. And some, like me, will most likely warm up to it with time. An example would be how much I hated the SN95 when it first came out. Then even more when they introduced the 4.6L...hated it. When the new edge came around, it was like a 180 for me. After hearing the 4.6L with aftermarket exhaust, I warmed up to the mod motor some. Even more with the 4V mod motors. Then the 05's came out and I was in love. It wasn't until the 2010's came out that I started to get tired of the s197's. So, I'm ready for a long overdue radical change. So I honestly hope that car under the sheet is the new stang and that it is more radical than the pics that are circulating.
Bring on the new design I say and regardless of how fast or looks like, I will be keeping my 11 retro pony for many many years.
Old 11/23/13, 10:40 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2
As it will, right up until December 5th.
This had me laughing!!
Old 11/23/13, 11:19 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
hahaha, for the past THREE generations of f150 i swore i'd stop and keep her cuz she was awesome then along came..the ecoboost ...GRRRR...
We are all slaves to ford marketing whether we are conscious of it or not LOL
Old 11/24/13, 02:14 AM
FR500 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Sooo where all the teaser pics at??
Old 11/24/13, 05:19 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CCTking
That's what I'm saying. 15 Days till the 15, I'd have thought that Ford would be teasing us more with small pic's like they did with the 2010 refresh. These Videos are not doing anything because they're all about the past...
Old 11/24/13, 06:14 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by TampaBear67
That's what I'm saying. 15 Days till the 15, I'd have thought that Ford would be teasing us more with small pic's like they did with the 2010 refresh.
These Videos are not doing anything because they're all about the past...

If you play the Videos in reverse they show the Future ➽ ➽
Old 11/24/13, 10:13 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
We're all entitled to our opinions, but just remember that yours is biased if you've already invested in the current car rather than waiting for the (most likely better) future model.

Everybody is biased- including individuals who have spent months posting and speculating on just how great the new Mustang will be. I'm biased toward believing in a car sitting out in my garage- which I can drive and look at from every conceivable angle every days. Others are biased toward a car that they've seen under flat black cloth...

...and the hilarious thing? After the new car launches, both camps will just dig in to their respective biases. (I know on my part, the headlights alone have completely lost me for the styling- but of course most on this thread will say its "cutting edge").

Like a previous poster said- as long as Ford sells more '15 Mustangs than '14, that accomplishes their mission. A new model usually does sell better- the '74 Mustang II was one of the biggest sales years for Mustang. I owned a '76 and- while it may well have been superior to the 1st generation Mustang- when I chose to restore a Mustang, I went with the '65.

Whatever Mustang you choose, at least its not a Chevy, and- at this point- it should be awesome (Ford really seems to have it figured out lately... our F150 is perhaps the finest vehicle I've ever owned- and the '14 Mustang is right up there with it).
Old 11/24/13, 10:53 AM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Cool

I am also hoping the new Mustang is radically different from the current model. As long as the Mustang remains rear wheel drive and is no larger than the current Mustang, I would be pleased and would buy one sometime in the future. Change is good.
Old 11/24/13, 11:19 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by CCTking

There isn't any, Ford was just teasing us
Old 11/24/13, 11:27 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 2 Go Snake
I am also hoping the new Mustang is radically different from the current model. As long as the Mustang remains rear wheel drive and is no larger than the current Mustang, I would be pleased and would buy one sometime in the future. Change is good.
I agree for the sake of change they need to do something radical or just different then the current line of mustangs. I have a 2011 right now and will probably pick up a 2015, if the 2015 looked liked the 13's an 14's i wouldn't buy it.
Old 11/24/13, 11:45 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Varilux
...and the hilarious thing? After the new car launches, both camps will just dig in to their respective biases. (I know on my part, the headlights alone have completely lost me for the styling- but of course most on this thread will say its "cutting edge").
Yep, some people will hate it for not looking retro or "Mustang" enough regardless if it does end up looking great.

On the other side, some people will gush over it just because it's a Mustang regardless if it comes out looking bland.

I'm in a wait-and-see holding pattern. I'll probably be picking up a new car once my truck is paid off in about 2 years. If the Mustang ends up looking good to me, maybe a GT or S/E. If it looks too boring, a slightly used 13-14 GT500. Heck, if the next gen Camaro ends up looking more mean and aggressive than the Stang I might even jump ship. Hopefully that won't happen.
Old 11/24/13, 12:27 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Varilux
As it will, right up until December 5th. Just yanking chains... As I read through the posts in the '15 section of this forum, I'm reminded of Linus sitting in the pumpkin patch. He's missing out on Trick-or-Treating, but he has faith that- one day- the Great Pumpkin will arise from the ground and all will be grand. The day Ford said they were "making a radical departure from the current Retro theme of the Mustang," was the day I decided I'd be ordering a '14. Then again, my "other" car is a '65 Mustang, so its obvious where my stylistic tastes lie. Substantively, the '14 is the best Mustang ever to wear the moniker. Even with IRS, I don't see the '15 being remarkably better performance-wise. Stylistically, the '14 is one of the best looking Mustangs since the first generation- and considering I don't like the looks of anything else on the Ford lot (and every picture I've seen so far carries elements from the rest of Ford's line-up)- well, I sincerely doubt I'll have one moment of regret for not waiting to purchase a '15. As Linus says, "I've learned there are three things one should never discuss: religion, politics, and the Great Pumpkin." So, everyone can huddle in their pumpkin patches (er- by their computer screens) on 5 December. I'll be busy driving my '14...
I too have a 65 Fastback and a 12 Boss 302, but I'm looking to add the new car to the stable. Imagine all we love about Mustangs but with better fit and finish. That's what I hope going Global brings to the car.
Old 11/24/13, 12:32 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by FireDragon

Yep, some people will hate it for not looking retro or "Mustang" enough regardless if it does end up looking great.

On the other side, some people will gush over it just because it's a Mustang regardless if it comes out looking bland.

I'm in a wait-and-see holding pattern. I'll probably be picking up a new car once my truck is paid off in about 2 years. If the Mustang ends up looking good to me, maybe a GT or S/E. If it looks too boring, a slightly used 13-14 GT500. Heck, if the next gen Camaro ends up looking more mean and aggressive than the Stang I might even jump ship. Hopefully that won't happen.
For those mustang enthusiasts that love the retro look and don't like the 2015, JUST JEEP YOUR RETRO STANG or go buy a pre owned retro stang. Its that easy. For those who love the Fox bodies, go buy a used fox body! If one loves the first generation and hates the upcoming new generation, go buy a first generation stang.

Companies will never make every customer happy. Everybody has there own idea and opinions on what looks nice and ugly. People will love the 2015, people will hate it, some people won't give two $hits about it either way. Its all good. For those enthusiasts who love their retro like me , just keep it till it no longer runs. Then in 2025 or later look at what the mustang is and then decide if you like it or buy another retro mustang.

Last edited by 2011 Kona Blue; 11/24/13 at 12:35 PM.
Old 11/24/13, 12:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue
For those mustang enthusiasts that love the retro look and don't like the 2015, JUST JEEP YOUR RETRO STANG or go buy a pre owned retro stang. Its that easy. For those who love the Fox bodies, go buy a used fox body! If one loves the first generation and hates the upcoming new generation, go buy a first generation stang.

Companies will never make every customer happy. Everybody has there own idea and opinions on what looks nice and ugly. People will love the 2015, people will hate it, some people won't give two $hits about it either way. Its all good. For those enthusiasts who love their retro like me , just keep it till it no longer runs. Then in 2025 or later look at what the mustang is and then decide if you like it or buy another retro mustang.
Yup! Never know, maybe after some time, the retro fans will come around.
Old 11/24/13, 01:00 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Azure

Yup! Never know, maybe after some time, the retro fans will come around.
Many will come around. It will grow on many and for the ones that it doesn't, oh well. They can keep what they got. Lmao
Old 11/24/13, 01:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 2 Go Snake
I am hoping it's radically different than every other car. With good looks also.
Old 11/24/13, 03:18 PM

I think the value of my 2014 convertible just went up

Quick Reply: "Leaked" 2015 Mustang on Dec. cover of Car & Driver