2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

How much will the 13 refresh tell us about the 15?

Search this Thread

Old 7/25/11, 04:41 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 66 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Pinoy361
Anyone remember these old concept sketches? I could see something like that rear end ending up on the 2015. The 50th needs to be special so i think i big change would be kool. Plus the challenger's rear lights look wicked with the sequential kit on em and i know that would be a welcome change from the diaper we have now
I agree a thousand percent- thats a perfectly appropriate / traditional / cool / Mustang like / any other thing I can think of / rearend. the 10 never grew on me, afraid it never will- something more like the one pictured above would though
As far as the steering wheel being too big comment a few posts up, I dunno- the 10+ wheel to me is the best looking steering wheel Ive ever seen- wanna trade for a 5-9 one?

my guess on the 13: same rearend...
with all the disproportionate complaining the 10 recieved, and no changes for 11 or 12, I sincerely dont think Ford has their ear to the ground at all. How many aftermarket/upfitters made custom bumpers? Relatively speaking, the tooling is not that expensive- I think they woulda done it by now if they were going to.

it is what it is, and it is truly a great car- but I predict 9/10 folks woulda preferred the above to this:
Attached Thumbnails How much will the 13 refresh tell us about the 15?-fugly.jpg  
Old 7/25/11, 04:57 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Anyone remember these old concept sketches? I could see something like that rear end ending up on the 2015. The 50th needs to be special so i think i big change would be kool. Plus the challenger's rear lights look wicked with the sequential kit on em and i know that would be a welcome change from the diaper we have now
Anyone who would be okay with that on a mustang is clearly not a mustang person and is really just considers it just another vehicle.
Old 7/25/11, 05:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500

Anyone who would be okay with that on a mustang is clearly not a mustang person and is really just considers it just another vehicle.
How would they not be a mustang person? There were many early gen models including the ICONIC Eleanor mustang and even shelbys that had rear lights that style. Anyone who would claim that someone who likes that "is clearly not a mustang person" must be talkin about themselves.
Old 7/25/11, 05:16 PM
Bullitt Member

That rear looks really good to me. I would hope that something like that would be on the 13+ and I am sold...No need to talk about the current bumper...
Old 7/25/11, 05:21 PM
Bullitt Member

How would they not be a mustang person? There were many early gen models including the ICONIC Eleanor mustang and even shelbys that had rear lights that style. Anyone who would claim that someone who likes that "is clearly not a mustang person" must be talkin about themselves.
Do not worry...Those who have the 10+ bumper will defend it...Just like "my car is better than your car"...Kind of reminds me of grade 1...
Old 7/25/11, 05:29 PM
Banned

I would have debated you on this subject, but I saw you put ICONIC Eleanor and I had to laugh. I'll let think what you want.
Old 7/25/11, 06:49 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If so many people really hated the '10+ rear as people claim Ford would have made major changes. Instead they made the small diffuser tweak from '10 to '11 and that was it. The fact of the matter is most people like it or are neutral, however, naturally the complainers are the most vocal.

my .02
Old 7/25/11, 09:21 PM
Cobra Member

Try not to find logic in that post because there is none. Anyone who would argue that the concept S197's rear doesn't represent "Mustang" (or that those that like it aren't "Mustang people") apparently doesn't know what classic Shelbys (and California Specials) look like. I'm not a hater (or lover) of the current rear but there's a world of room for improvement.
Old 7/25/11, 09:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Wolfsburg

Try not to find logic in that post because there is none. Anyone who would argue that the concept S197's rear doesn't represent "Mustang" (or that those that like it aren't "Mustang people") apparently doesn't know what classic Shelbys (and California Specials) look like. I'm not a hater (or lover) of the current rear but there's a world of room for improvement.
Comparing that to a Classic Shelby is a crime and should be dealt with appropriately. Yeah, WORLDS OR ROOM. Lets make the entire rear end one giant break light. That tail light (I say "that" because it's Godzilla size) is a retarded joke. Oh and it will NEVER HAPPEN EVER GUARTANTEED.

Last edited by 11SHELBYGT500; 7/25/11 at 09:41 PM.
Old 7/25/11, 10:10 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile

I think the 2013 Mustang will have modifications made to the front and rear to give the Mustang a new fresh look. No real big design change tho.I also feel the 2015 Mustang will be a complete break from the 2013 design. There will be no indication from the 2013 as to what the 2015 will look like.
Old 7/25/11, 10:14 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
Comparing that to a Classic Shelby is a crime and should be dealt with appropriately. Yeah, WORLDS OR ROOM. Lets make the entire rear end one giant break light. That tail light (I say "that" because it's Godzilla size) is a retarded joke. Oh and it will NEVER HAPPEN EVER GUARTANTEED.

Defensive much? I think the Shelby-style light bar (albeit too large) looks more classic "Mustang" than the oddly mishapen tails we currently have.

"Never happen ever guaranteed"? You should be a psychic.

Last edited by Wolfsburg; 7/25/11 at 10:25 PM.
Old 7/25/11, 10:15 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Those concept taillights are huge!

If anything the '15 lights will be the size of the current car or even smaller. Hopefully the car is smaller too. Hopefully just a bit. Dear lord don't make it any bigger.
Old 7/25/11, 10:42 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like the lights. Reminds me of my '69 Cougar. I mean we now have the sequential, so why not steal the lights too since Mercury is dead.
Old 7/25/11, 11:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Well the lights dont have to be that size but trim em doqwn to fit the next gen body which will most likely be smaller. I wish they would also bring back somethin similar to the 69/70 style front fascia. Idk if the years are right but like the original mach 1's and BOSS cars. Or maybe even a modern version of the "new edge" bodies. Who knows what Ford has instore
Old 7/26/11, 01:38 AM
Cobra Member

I would love a more aggressive, '69-style "shark nosed" front fascia, if not on the refreshed S197 then on the Nextang.
Old 7/26/11, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
If so many people really hated the '10+ rear as people claim Ford would have made major changes. Instead they made the small diffuser tweak from '10 to '11 and that was it. The fact of the matter is most people like it or are neutral, however, naturally the complainers are the most vocal.

my .02
I think most people still bought the '10+ Stang in spite of the rear end design, not because of it. Ford, fresh off the '10 redesign, certainly would not be able to justify a substantial/costly redo of the rear end right off the bat, hence the '11 "tweak."

However, given the broader sweep of the '13 refresh, I would expect the diaper to be changed, the lumps smoothed out and a generally more pert, taut and cohesive derriere than the heavy, saggy and amorphous current rendition.
Old 7/26/11, 10:04 AM
Banned

Defensive much? I think the Shelby-style light bar (albeit too large) looks more classic "Mustang" than the oddly mishapen tails we currently have.

"Never happen ever guaranteed"? You should be a psychic.
I am LOL
Old 7/26/11, 10:40 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Try not to find logic in that post because there is none.

The current miscarraige of an azz end is anything but Mustang. I mean what the hell was Ford striving for with that pooched out rear? Bubble Butt? Rat junk? What is that??
The ridiculous diaper mobile is a pathetic contradiction of lines like "pick up sticks" from the rear, and a "draggin' azz - hope it don't scrape the ground" from the side.
Whoever created and approved that design, whether an individual or a committee, needs to be fired from Ford and banned from the auto industry forever! Including their spawn!!
I will never give Ford a dime for an atrocious, non-Mustang design such as that.

Neither the fantastic 5.0 or the awesome Boss has been able to spike sales because of that ridiculous diaper and plucked up rear end.

The 15 needs to move on and move ahead with a dynamic, head turning, next gen. Leave the retro for those of us with the 05-09 S197. That will forever keep the oddball 10-11-13? diaper mobile where it belongs. In the chitter.

IMO

Last edited by cdynaco; 7/26/11 at 10:48 AM.
Old 7/26/11, 12:39 PM
Bullitt Member

I really do not get you people who hate the diaper so much. I guess there is no rule that people have to have good taste, but the 10-12 rear is far better than the old one. Maybe you need to get out of last century and get with the times. Either way, this isn't the 1900s any more, and a 60s style rear is not the best option. Grow up people. As time goes on, designs change. If you do not like it, buy classic cars. The 2015 will not be as retro, and I am sure no matter how good it is, there will be a lot of whiny nuts who would prefer yet another rehash of the 60s designs. Modern with some throwbacks is better than retro for the next design. If you do not like the diaper, go buy a 40 year old car and forget anything new.
Old 7/26/11, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Itravelalot
I really do not get you people who hate the diaper so much.
I have an '08 and, personally, I really like the restyling that took place with the '10s. The rear end looks great with a blackout panel and I love the hood. The '05 styling looks pretty bland in comparison nowadays.

Quick Reply: How much will the 13 refresh tell us about the 15?