2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

How many of you are waiting on the '15MY?

Search this Thread

Old 7/19/11, 08:04 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by 2 Go Snake
I think it is foolish to wait for a new design that may be two to three years away. I look at what is out there now and if I like it, I buy it. Right now , there is not much to dislike. Every year, the Mustang improves. Why miss out on a good thing. You can always trade the Mustang you have for the new design if it is that much better.
A lot of people don't like to take that financial hit when trading in a vehicle, or have the funds to do it with such regularity.
Old 7/19/11, 05:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Boomer
A lot of people don't like to take that financial hit when trading in a vehicle, or have the funds to do it with such regularity.
That^

I really like the current body and I wanted to trade in for a 5.0. but adding up the hit, mods, already paid, etc. i would have spent about the msrp of a new Shelby! I couldn't live with myself if I did that.. so I will wait for the 50th, hopefully a Shelby or SVT or whatever it will be
Old 7/20/11, 07:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

I totally agree. There is nothing wrong with making long term goals and financial planning. People need to get over the modern credit culture fueled idea that you should have everything you want as soon as you want it. The world doesn't work that way. Especially when you're talking about thousands and thousands of dollars. Even if you have the money to waste by trading in cars every few years, doesn't mean you should.
Old 7/20/11, 07:46 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
I want it yesterday and I don't care if I can afford it.

I don't know what's worse, the American consumer or Congress.
Old 7/20/11, 09:27 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
I'm waiting year by year. It just keeps getting better. The year that the next year doesn't seem as good then i will finally buy. I would like a an SVT Cobra, but if they don't top the rumored 2013 GT500 then i will be going with that.

I was going to say, the only thing that would make me want a new one is if they drop the shelby name and bring back the SVT Cobra name.
Old 7/21/11, 08:54 PM
Bullitt Member

I have this feeling I will not like the new model. Just a gut feeling. I could be wrong. But, I just love this 5+ look. The new 13 Shelby will be something special (I hope). I already called my dealer and have a deal for one at employee pricing. No idea what it will have or options but, I believe this will be the Shelby to have 13, 14my. I do not think we will ever see these kind of HP numbers that are floating around on factory cars again. Again, just my opinion..

I see 620 hp, 650 hp, 670 hp. All being mentioned. What will it be? But, I am getting one...
Old 7/25/11, 10:19 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking

I agree with VegasGold. If Ford comes out with a street version of the CobraJet or an N-ring GT500 Edition, I will burn rubber all the way to my nearest Ford dealer and place an order so I will not miss out on one of these 2013 screamers.
Old 7/26/11, 10:54 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 2 Go Snake
I agree with VegasGold. If Ford comes out with a street version of the CobraJet or an N-ring GT500 Edition, I will burn rubber all the way to my nearest Ford dealer and place an order so I will not miss out on one of these 2013 screamers.
Again, not sure where you came up with this Nurburgring GT500 idea, but it's not happening. Let it go. If you want, but a '13 GT500 and slap a 'Ring decal on it:

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=nur...ng+decal+white

Voila! Same effect!
Old 7/27/11, 01:10 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Overboost
Again, not sure where you came up with this Nurburgring GT500 idea, but it's not happening. Let it go. If you want, but a '13 GT500 and slap a 'Ring decal on it:

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=nur...ng+decal+white

Voila! Same effect!
Yeah, the Mustang is not a German car, why should there be a "Nurburgring" edtion? "Laguna Seca" has a better sound to it. But they've used that on the Boss already...

Yes, German stuff is nice but why do we have to make it the end-all be-all of the automotive world?
Old 7/28/11, 08:35 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Vermillion06
Yes, German stuff is nice but why do we have to make it the end-all be-all of the automotive world?
They invented cars. The have roads with open speed limits. They have the 'ring. They own VW, Porsche, Audi, Seat, Lamborghini, Bugatti, BWM, Mini, Rolls Royce, Mercedes and Maybach. And there isn't a car made without a German engineered or made part in it. They also brought back Muscle Cars, and keep the horsepower war going.
Old 7/28/11, 11:24 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
They also gave us Lederhosen, the holocaust, and goose stepping.
Old 7/28/11, 11:26 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2
They invented cars
I'll give you that. But Ford brought the car to the common man with mass production.
The have roads with open speed limits.
Yes, that's cool, but that doesn't mean much to people outside Germany.
They have the 'ring.
So ? The US has Laguna Seca, Willow Springs, Watkins Glen, Sears Point, Daytona, Indy.... Japan has Fuji Speedway.
They own VW, Porsche, Audi, Seat, Lamborghini, Bugatti, BWM, Mini, Rolls Royce, Mercedes and Maybach.
And India owns Jaguar, Italy controls Chrysler, China owns Volvo, Malaysia owns Lotus. America owns Ford!
And there isn't a car made without a German engineered or made part in it.
Welcome to global outsourcing.
There isn't a car made without a Chinese made part in it either.
There definitely isn't a car made without two American invented systems in it.

They also brought back Muscle Cars, and keep the horsepower war going.
What German car is a muscle car? Look in the dictionary.

Like I said, Germany builds some nice stuff but the automotive world doesn't revolve around Germany.

But back on topic, I love my 2006 . The '10 up is really nice but not that enough of a change for me to make the switch. If the '15 is a significant change for the better, then I may be tempted to switch.
Old 7/28/11, 01:41 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Vermillion06
I'll give you that. But Ford brought the car to the common man with mass production.
Yes, that's cool, but that doesn't mean much to people outside Germany.

So ? The US has Laguna Seca, Willow Springs, Watkins Glen, Sears Point, Daytona, Indy.... Japan has Fuji Speedway.

And India owns Jaguar, Italy controls Chrysler, China owns Volvo, Malaysia owns Lotus. America owns Ford!

Welcome to global outsourcing.
There isn't a car made without a Chinese made part in it either.
There definitely isn't a car made without two American invented systems in it.

What German car is a muscle car? Look in the dictionary.

Like I said, Germany builds some nice stuff but the automotive world doesn't revolve around Germany.

But back on topic, I love my 2006 . The '10 up is really nice but not that enough of a change for me to make the switch. If the '15 is a significant change for the better, then I may be tempted to switch.
If you are considering any 05+ Mustang as a muscle car then I will throw in the e39 M5, any 6.3L AMG Mercedes. You could almost say the e92 M3.

Everything else I agree with you. A Road Atlanta GT500 might fly.
Old 7/28/11, 02:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 148 Likes on 104 Posts
I'll buy one if the EPA doesn't screw up the pony car.
Old 7/28/11, 08:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Automagically
If you are considering any 05+ Mustang as a muscle car then I will throw in the e39 M5, any 6.3L AMG Mercedes. You could almost say the e92 M3.

Everything else I agree with you. A Road Atlanta GT500 might fly.
Whoa, whoa, whoa there. Watch how you start throwing around the term muscle car. Just because it has a V8 and four wheels doesn't mean it's a muscle car.
Old 7/28/11, 09:15 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Clino

Whoa, whoa, whoa there. Watch how you start throwing around the term muscle car. Just because it has a V8 and four wheels doesn't mean it's a muscle car.
Well, if we are throwing around loose terms then I'm just expanding on the loose. While I don't think the definition above is 100% accurate but it's pretty close. Muscle car or not, the Mustang is defined by the pony genera. Otherwise, pony doesn't mean anything.
Old 7/29/11, 12:25 PM

I'd agree, the Mustang is primarily a Pony Car, as somewhat distinct from a Muscle car.

The latter I associate more with mid to large chassis, big (block) V8 car, typically though not always 2-door coupes, with a rather narrow emphasis on off-the-line acceleration and straight line acceleration.

A Pony Car, distinctly, is a small to mid sized coupe/convertible with a generally small to mid-sized motors from 4 to 8 cylinders with a more balanced performance envelope.

Of course these definitions can be a bit fuzzy as some late '60s and early '70s Stangs approached more traditional muscle cars in overall size, big-block motors and narrow acceleration performance emphasis. Even the current GT500 sort of blurs the lines a bit.
Old 7/29/11, 12:38 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by rhumb
I'd agree, the Mustang is primarily a Pony Car, as somewhat distinct from a Muscle car.

The latter I associate more with mid to large chassis, big (block) V8 car, typically though not always 2-door coupes, with a rather narrow emphasis on off-the-line acceleration and straight line acceleration.

A Pony Car, distinctly, is a small to mid sized coupe/convertible with a generally small to mid-sized motors from 4 to 8 cylinders with a more balanced performance envelope.

Of course these definitions can be a bit fuzzy as some late '60s and early '70s Stangs approached more traditional muscle cars in overall size, big-block motors and narrow acceleration performance emphasis. Even the current GT500 sort of blurs the lines a bit.
Agree to all of this. Mouth, you took the words out of mine.

Last edited by Automagically; 7/29/11 at 12:39 PM.
Old 9/5/11, 11:51 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by adrenalin
Count me as one that is waiting. I still enjoy my 05. Didn't care much for the latest design (still hate the taillights).
This is me
Old 9/5/11, 11:54 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Seeing that we're out of here in Dec 2012, good luck with that.

Quick Reply: How many of you are waiting on the '15MY?