2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

Helping a friend opting a 2015 GT

Search this Thread

Old 5/14/15, 09:56 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Helping a friend opting a 2015 GT

my friend who has been coming to lot of meets with me finally decided he wants to get a performance/sports car. he owns an accord coupe. he had many questions hope my TMS buddies would help me help him. All question geared to 2015 GT

1. How reliable are S550 electronics with loads of new features, he is looking to buy one with a nav.
2. What all apps like pandora are avaialble with Nav package
3. can he get Nav and glass roof package together
4. He likes both Guard and Magnetic color, would like to know which one is easy to maintain.
5.can he order GT Performance packg with 20" black wheel
6. MSRP of GT he priced was about $42K, how much reduction can he expect on the MSRP now that 16s are around the corner
7.before he decides , would like to test drive three similar price range competitor performance/sports car.

even though i lurk most of the time on this forum i ddnt have good answers for this, so thought you all could help me with it. thanks in advance.
Old 5/14/15, 10:55 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CiniZter
my friend who has been coming to lot of meets with me finally decided he wants to get a performance/sports car. he owns an accord coupe. he had many questions hope my TMS buddies would help me help him. All question geared to 2015 GT 1. How reliable are S550 electronics with loads of new features, he is looking to buy one with a nav. 2. What all apps like pandora are avaialble with Nav package 3. can he get Nav and glass roof package together 4. He likes both Guard and Magnetic color, would like to know which one is easy to maintain. 5.can he order GT Performance packg with 20" black wheel 6. MSRP of GT he priced was about $42K, how much reduction can he expect on the MSRP now that 16s are around the corner 7.before he decides , would like to test drive three similar price range competitor performance/sports car. even though i lurk most of the time on this forum i ddnt have good answers for this, so thought you all could help me with it. thanks in advance.
1. Mine is great so far (500) miles
2.have nav but have not messed with apps yet.
3.No glass roof available on any model.
4. Same.
5. Don't know.
6. Dealer dependent.
Old 5/14/15, 01:48 PM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1. The electronics for Sync 1 (Non-MFT) and Sync 2 (MFT) have been around for a while. I had MyFordTouch with Nav in my 2012 Focus and is the same in my 2015 Mustang. So some of the electronics are new to the Mustang but not to Ford vehicles in general.
2. Apps are not available if the Mustang has MyFordTouch. I believe the Premium models have MyFordTouch which is required for navigation. Ford as been saying soon for a couple years when it comes to adding apps to MFT.
3. The 2015 does not have a glass roof or sun roof option.
Old 5/14/15, 03:25 PM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
If the apps are important to your friend wait for the 2016 Mustang. It is going to have Sync Gen 3. This will allow apps on the premium models with the touchscreen and navigation.
Old 5/15/15, 10:47 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
appreciate yall response.
Old 5/20/15, 10:26 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
4. He likes both Guard and Magnetic color, would like to know which one is easy to maintain.
Like typicals greys and silvers, Magnetic shows dirt less than some of the darker colors like Guard. Both are close in shade in low-light conditions, however.

There is no black 20" wheel option. The PP comes with mesh black 19s.

6. MSRP of GT he priced was about $42K, how much reduction can he expect on the MSRP now that 16s are around the corner
Depends on where you guys live, but easily the X-plan price and probably lower (meaning $3000+ off MSRP)

7.before he decides , would like to test drive three similar price range competitor performance/sports car.
I recommend looking at the 2015 Chevy Camaro SS and 2015 Nissan 370Z NISMO edition. The Dodge Challenger is a wonderful car but larger in size and weight.
Old 5/20/15, 05:19 PM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Interestingly, my wife came from a 2013 accord coupe v6. She bought a GT/Premium, a/t, in ingot silver. This car only gets about 1or2 MPGs less, but goes like a SOB when you push the pedal. We paid 20k + the accord. Best car move we have made in ages. We ordered it because silver ones just aren't that common around here. Didn't get the PP because I/we didn't think we needed it(it's a CC, grocery getter). In retrospect, it might have been a good idea, but we don't miss it. Honda has really gone to sh_t, while Ford has really upped their game in the last few years.
Old 5/21/15, 07:46 AM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by elfiero
Interestingly, my wife came from a 2013 accord coupe v6. She bought a GT/Premium, a/t, in ingot silver. This car only gets about 1or2 MPGs less, but goes like a SOB when you push the pedal. We paid 20k + the accord. Best car move we have made in ages. We ordered it because silver ones just aren't that common around here. Didn't get the PP because I/we didn't think we needed it(it's a CC, grocery getter). In retrospect, it might have been a good idea, but we don't miss it. Honda has really gone to sh_t, while Ford has really upped their game in the last few years.
You don't have to regret not getting the Performance Pack since it's not available with the automatic on the GT.
Old 5/21/15, 12:10 PM

I wouldn't sweat not getting the PP, you can always go aftermarket. I am a fan of the larger screen so I plan to go with a premium.
Old 5/22/15, 03:57 PM
GT Member

I opted for auto with 3.55 rear end, 20" wheel/tire package (NO PP available with the auto) and the premium package, upgraded stereo, A/C/6-way adjustable seats (both) and added whatever I needed aftermarket; almost everything else is "standard" stuff. Ford Racing exhaust and upper strut mount, Steeda F/R sway bars, window tint, floor mats, etc.
The MOST IMPORTANT is to join MCA = $2500 immediate discount for being a member.
Old 5/23/15, 12:30 PM
Cobra Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
1. How reliable are S550 electronics with loads of new features, he is looking to buy one with a nav.
--- right now ford is switching over to blackberry hardware, which will bring touch screens and pinch zoom capabilities,.. new hardware and software will make it bulletproof

2. What all apps like pandora are avaialble with Nav package
--- those are called sync apps, owner.ford.com has all the apps available that work with ford, such as spotify, pandora, glympse, etc

3. can he get Nav and glass roof package together
---- no glass roof because of the dual slits on the roof are hard to make in glass

---- they are both metallic (dark green versus dark grey) ford has the best clearcoat and UV protection, both are simple to maintain

--- no, once the order system takes GT perf pkg, it overrides any wheel option with 19inch black rims, because the rim needs to clear the brembo calipers

----mustangs dont rot as they sit so dealers dont get desperate to rid of them just because newer model year is on the way.. so it depends on the time of the month and if they want to hit their monthly target.

----- nothing comes close to a mustang
Old 5/24/15, 11:09 AM
Mach 1 Member

For 40K, I would tell him to test drive an E90 BMW M3 with the V8. As much as I love Mustangs, I'd probably rather have the M3. More expensive to maintain, but that 8300 RPM redline is intoxicating and the car drives and handles better than the Mustang.
Old 5/24/15, 11:35 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by mrp5150
For 40K, I would tell him to test drive an E90 BMW M3 with the V8. As much as I love Mustangs, I'd probably rather have the M3. More expensive to maintain, but that 8300 RPM redline is intoxicating and the car drives and handles better than the Mustang.
But he wouldn't have a Mustang.