2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

Foolish?

Search this Thread

Old 3/25/14, 08:24 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by fdjizm
Put it away? god I hate garage queens lol.
Get your **** moneys worth and stop saving your cars for the next guy!
I drive my car all year round because I LOVE it, watching a mustang rot in a garage should be a **** crime.
Oh I totally agree about garage queens and driving your pony. I got 34k miles on my 11 and love driving it. I just don't drive mine in the snow. Rain, heck yeah but no snow. The traction is god awful and I slide all over the place. Ha ha ha
Old 3/25/14, 09:50 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue
Oh I totally agree about garage queens and driving your pony. I got 34k miles on my 11 and love driving it. I just don't drive mine in the snow. Rain, heck yeah but no snow. The traction is god awful and I slide all over the place. Ha ha ha
And that is my main point i would be garaging it cause i live in michigan, were we do in fact get snow and a decent amount. It will only be in the garage during winter months.

Picture this, driving down the street with a good 6" of snow on the ground and you see a salt truck coming at you the opposite way, spraying salt all over and all you can do is try to avoid the spray as much as possible. But nope you pucker your butthole and listen to the lovely sound of salt hitting the side of your car.
Old 3/25/14, 10:11 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by rmurer

And that is my main point i would be garaging it cause i live in michigan, were we do in fact get snow and a decent amount. It will only be in the garage during winter months.

Picture this, driving down the street with a good 6" of snow on the ground and you see a salt truck coming at you the opposite way, spraying salt all over and all you can do is try to avoid the spray as much as possible. But nope you pucker your butthole and listen to the lovely sound of salt hitting the side of your car.
I would cry as the salt truck peppered my pony. Ha ha ha
Old 3/25/14, 10:57 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cinque35
^ This also
I drive mine year round, but I don't think id even drive in that much snow! 2" at most.
Old 3/25/14, 11:07 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by MDkid92
I drive mine year round, but I don't think id even drive in that much snow! 2" at most.
Detroit area got close to 100" of snow this winter.
Old 3/25/14, 11:09 AM
Cobra R Member

Whats that? Its suppose to be spring? nope snow today as well.
Old 3/25/14, 12:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whats that? Its suppose to be spring? nope snow today as well.
same here in Maryland. Screw this garbage weather.
Old 3/25/14, 12:32 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by MDkid92
same here in Maryland. Screw this garbage weather.
I'm on the upper eastern shore of MD and stinks here too with the weather. Ha ha ha
Old 3/26/14, 05:32 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

I live in Florida so the plan is get one as soon as a car to my liking / ordering specs is available. I can drive ALL YEAR LONG!!! And I plan too
Old 3/26/14, 06:37 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by MyStang2010GB
I live in Florida so the plan is get one as soon as a car to my liking / ordering specs is available. I can drive ALL YEAR LONG!!! And I plan too
so how does that help this thread?
Old 3/26/14, 08:35 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Probably in no way because I had to read his post 4 times to understand what he said. Lol

Last edited by SONICBOOST; 3/26/14 at 08:38 AM.
Old 3/26/14, 06:51 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

buy the car you want when you want and drive it. Simple. I did that when I lived in NY as well. These cars are not as bad as everyone makes them out to be in the snow. just be smart about it. Until I moved to Florida I drove mine year round.

Does this help now?
Old 3/26/14, 09:00 PM
Cobra R Member

buy the car you want when you want and drive it. Simple. I did that when I lived in NY as well. These cars are not as bad as everyone makes them out to be in the snow. just be smart about it. Until I moved to Florida I drove mine year round.

Does this help now?
yup
Old 3/30/14, 06:34 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 58 Likes on 27 Posts
if you can bear the thought of roadsalt, just get some decent rear tires and snow isnt that big of a deal...my biggest worry would be availability, early into a new model can be tough and expensive- but if you have a dealer with allocation/deal, I'd go for it- every winter I get to put a couple hundred miles on mine, we get warmups/rain to wash the salt away, a nice day or two at least a couple times a year- well this year only had mine out once, even with the crazy temp swings, just only got the rain/dry thing once, but it sure was nice to get it out if only for a afternoon.
I got my 06 late in the year after many months(incuding the first car getting smashed coming off the hauler/reordering...) only drove it 300 miles the first 2 days, then tore it apart for a couple weeks to undercoat/seal up a lot of 'oops' spots the factory missed... car sat 99% of tha first winter, but did get it out 3 or 4 times in weather breaks, and its still like new underneath, except for the whitish corrosion on the engine aluminum bits. ended up with three of the darn things, love these cars.

my wifes had her 07 out in the salt a few times, its still ok underneath, but it looks like most others out there, hints of rust around things like control arm weld seams, etc...I always wipe down the underside with oily rags after oil changes, dont really take that long, keeps the tin nice cant see any reason it shouldnt last >20 yrs...

my 09 is a waste- >5 yrs old, 4 miles, has never even been test driven, just sits forgotten undercover, gets fully warmed up every 2-3 weeks, moved around/steered/ac cycled every month or two, just to keep things lubed...only change the oil once a year, but figure that should be fine.. someday it will be my next new mustang, yeah it may need some tires/hoses stuff that deteriorates even sitting, but it will be a clean starting point for sure... hopefully the 06 will outlast me, then the kids can fight over it
Old 4/11/14, 09:59 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fdjizm
Put it away? god I hate garage queens lol.
Get your **** moneys worth and stop saving your cars for the next guy!
I drive my car all year round because I LOVE it, watching a mustang rot in a garage should be a **** crime.
^ This

buy the car you want when you want and drive it. Simple. I did that when I lived in NY as well. These cars are not as bad as everyone makes them out to be in the snow.
& This
Old 4/11/14, 02:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ford4v429
every winter I get to put a couple hundred miles on mine, we get warmups/rain to wash the salt away, a nice day or two at least a couple times a year- well this year only had mine out once, even with the crazy temp swings, just only got the rain/dry thing once, but it sure was nice to get it out if only for a afternoon.
This is my pattern as well with all my summer cars. I picked up my '13 Boss in October '12. I got to drive it for several weeks before I had to lay it up for the winter and I still got a few days of driving it during the winter when all my rain/dry conditions were met. As long as you plan to lay it up for the winter, payments and insurance on a car in the garage are expected and normal every year, so that's a non-issue. Putting it away for the first winter is no different than putting it away for the second, third, fourth, etc. winter.

If you want to get one early, get it as early as possible and enjoy it as much as you can before the snow flies.