Search this Thread

Old 4/9/15, 10:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 141 Likes on 98 Posts
I would buy one for a reasonable price.
Old 4/9/15, 10:27 PM
Currently a Corvette Owner!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
Nobody's mentioned the Roush new wheel design. I think those new wheels look fantastic. Is the RS2 too much $$? IMO, yes. But to each their own, the Roush cars look good, and probably go good, too. But I am jelly of those new wheels!
Old 4/9/15, 10:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
I'm just saying Rob, if your're going to fork over 53k for a car ? Get the most for your hard earned dollar and not just for eye candy..

On the other hand, if the Roush RS2 offered some actual real performance upgrades over the regular GT ? Then I could understand paying that kind of money for it, but for just a body package and different paint options, you would be much better off modding a regular GT or even better yet, look into the Challenger 392 Scat Pack for 37k and end up much further ahead in the process
I get it Rock and it's not that I disagree. But you dare mention the "C" word!!! lol
Old 4/10/15, 12:11 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 592 Likes on 425 Posts
Originally Posted by Freelance4
"Personally I don't feel the need to have people pay attention to me for no other reason than the car I'm driving." Guess you need some attention from your posting. OP was chastising the price of the Roush, I simply gave some rationale. The RS2 is best looking Mustang version to hit the 2015MY, IMHO (LOL).

Its a Mustang site about Mustangs, would anyone buy one if they didn't look good? The "attention" isn't about me (or us), it's about the car. Called affirmation. Other like it, it reinforces your thoughts as to why you bought one, or in your case...what did you buy?
It may be the best "looking" 2015 Mustang out there right now, but its still just a sticker and appearance package. Period.

Its a great looking car, but "looking" is all it is, and you will lose your **** on it if you try to get rid of it.

To the original poster, sorry this thread took a turn for the weird. If anyone has any real questions about a Roush RS2 ask away. I'll even jack it up and take pics. There are more to these cars then what they've put on the site.

...and Rob (3.7) your V8 envy is showing.
Jack it up and take all the pics you want, see my post above, its still just a ***** in a fancy dress. I'm not saying that because I'm jealous (far from it, I can buy whatever I want), I'm saying it because I've been down that road. Run the VIN on your super duper Roush Mustang. See what it comes back as. Forget that Roush serial number plate on the dash, it doesn't mean crap. Your $50K Roush will come back as a base model GT Mustang (or whatever it started out as) and nothing else. How do I know this? Because I've been down this road before.

My road started in 2008 with a Shelby, and anyone with an ounce of sense would agree that the Shelby name carries a much higher pedigree than a Roush name. Hell, everyone on earth has heard of a Shelby automobile, its like Coca-Cola or Levis jeans, its a household name pretty much, even for people that know dick about cars in general. How many know what a Roush is?

Back to my road, I fell in love with a Mustang, a Shelby Mustang that Ford dealerships were selling, just like the Roush that we have been talking about in this thread.

It was beautiful, and it was modified and built at the Shelby facility in Las
Vegas (Just like the Roush cars that were modified, that very few people know what Roush is).

Guess what? It even had a number (which was more significant than any Roush number because the whole world knows the Shelby name)

Name:  IMG_6400.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  107.7 KB

I loved that car dearly. It was beautiful and special, only a few of them in the world.

Name:  af82410a.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  328.7 KB

I loved that car. But it just didn't have enough grunt so I decided I wanted a GT500 and that was when everything went down hill. You know what? The VIN on a GT500 comes back as something special. The VIN on a Roush or a modified Shelby like mine comes back as a typical run of the mill Mustang GT.

Wanna know how I found that out? I decided to buy a new GT500 instead of upgrading my SGT. So here I am, like others that have this limited edition, signed, numbered, car and I find out it isn't worth ****. Might as well have a base GT that has been driven in the ground.

Why? Because here I am, wanting a new GT500 and ready to trade my limited, special Shelby in on it. And its not some POS. Its a 2008, the total sticker price on it was almost $42K (with the Shelby package which was $8500, plus a $1000 gas guzzler tax too). I'll concede that I paid much less than that because I bought it in May of the year when the next model was coming out, and I paid cash for it so I got a good deal off of the sticker price.

But here it is, 3 years old, with 9K miles, a $42K msrp car (just like the Roush, way above the regular sticker price) never driven in the rain, perfect showroom condition, and its a special numbered limited Shelby. Their first offer was $19,500. Yes, you read that right. And you'll get the same kind of offers on your special Roush when you get ready to sell it because the vin shows that it is nothing more than a Mustang GT and that is all it will ever be.

I'm not bashing them. I love the Roush cars, there's a guy with a green one on this site that is one of my favorite cars on here, I love it. Hell, I loved my SGT so much that if I had more garage space I'd have kept it, I loved that car. But the fact is that it will never be worth **** except to you and you will pay a hell of a lot more money for it new than it is worth or will ever be worth. Just plan on keeping it forever because it will be special to you, it will never be special enough to someone else to be worth a lot of money, at least not in your lifetime.
Old 4/10/15, 01:22 AM
Cobra Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
It says on the site the wheels are 18inch. No way?
Old 4/10/15, 02:39 AM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
I won't get into the "is it worth X $$" argument, but I do know the Roush is a superb looking Mustang.

I've no idea how much the body kit costs, but this is probably the more sensible approach.............this car started out as GT and the owner procured the body kit and wheels.

Old 4/10/15, 09:22 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by 2 Go Snake
Have your buddy crawl underneath those Roush Mustangs and see if the suspension and shifter are stock 2015 Mustang parts. I was under the impression Roush reworks the suspension and replaces the shifter. We all would like you to report back what he finds.
LOL. I doubt he'd do that, but I'll ask. Maybe the owner of the one below, will offer up to do it. But I think we're all pretty sure the suspension and shifter are the same as a GT's.

Just a word from an owner, "Exclusive”.

Now the thinking behind buying: I’ve owned 4 other Mustangs besides this brand new, off-the-showroom-floor, 2015 Roush RS2 Mustang. Has every option I’ve ever heard of you can put on a Mustang. Incredible car! Traded a 2011 Track Pack, Nav, Glass Roof GT that I installed a Roush Stage 2 suspension and Roush exhaust with a Boss/CS front end and FRPP Tune. Did all the work myself and still do on my ’90 Foxbody. The ’11 was/is a nice car, great trade value, but sorry, after you’ve driven a performance car without the full axle you’ll never go back, unless it’s to drag race. Used X-Plan for the Roush - worth over $2K off. Negotiated another $2K from the RS2 package. The Roush body parts are awesome, people can’t take their eyes off of this car. Haven’t received this kind of attention since cruising in my neighbors 2015 Stingray. Turning <snapping?> heads everywhere I go in this Roush. Worth every dime! I have one and I know for a fact there isn’t another for 100 miles. Best package I saw at SEMA, Roush has a winner on style alone. So what’s with all the whanking on the price? If you got it to spend…sorta like lamenting over the price of gas for a car that barely gets 17 MPG, I don’t get it. You think your petty observations on price will make it come down in price? Try that at the dealership, you know you want one!

I'm not disagreeing with the "looks" of it, etc. I'm sure it's a great car. I think the point that I, and most of the folks on here have deduced is that, we can achieve that SAME Roush RS2 "look", by simply procuring a regular GT and just adding on the body panels, etc.

The point is, that would be a much smarter decision than purchasing a hyper inflated original Roush RS2 from the dealership. This is particularly true when the value of that Roush is simply that of a regular GT once you own it.

To the original poster, sorry this thread took a turn for the weird. If anyone has any real questions about a Roush RS2 ask away. I'll even jack it up and take pics. There are more to these cars then what they've put on the site.

...and Rob (3.7) your V8 envy is showing.
I don't think he's envious of a V8. He's just stating that he doesn't need the attention that some others need. Neither is wrong. It's a personal preference.

Originally Posted by 95cobraR
I would buy one for a reasonable price.
I agree. I'd "like" to own one too, if I ever owned an S550. But the problem is that sticker price. If it was more reasonable, say 5k or so, above a GT, maybe. I'd pay for the materials and labor to install the Roush-ified parts.

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
It may be the best "looking" 2015 Mustang out there right now, but its still just a sticker and appearance package. Period.

Its a great looking car, but "looking" is all it is, and you will lose your **** on it if you try to get rid of it.

Jack it up and take all the pics you want, see my post above, its still just a ***** in a fancy dress. I'm not saying that because I'm jealous (far from it, I can buy whatever I want), I'm saying it because I've been down that road. Run the VIN on your super duper Roush Mustang. See what it comes back as. Forget that Roush serial number plate on the dash, it doesn't mean crap. Your $50K Roush will come back as a base model GT Mustang (or whatever it started out as) and nothing else. How do I know this? Because I've been down this road before.

My road started in 2008 with a Shelby, and anyone with an ounce of sense would agree that the Shelby name carries a much higher pedigree than a Roush name. Hell, everyone on earth has heard of a Shelby automobile, its like Coca-Cola or Levis jeans, its a household name pretty much, even for people that know dick about cars in general. How many know what a Roush is?

Back to my road, I fell in love with a Mustang, a Shelby Mustang that Ford dealerships were selling, just like the Roush that we have been talking about in this thread.

It was beautiful, and it was modified and built at the Shelby facility in Las
Vegas (Just like the Roush cars that were modified, that very few people know what Roush is).

Guess what? It even had a number (which was more significant than any Roush number because the whole world knows the Shelby name)

I loved that car dearly. It was beautiful and special, only a few of them in the world.

I loved that car. But it just didn't have enough grunt so I decided I wanted a GT500 and that was when everything went down hill. You know what? The VIN on a GT500 comes back as something special. The VIN on a Roush or a modified Shelby like mine comes back as a typical run of the mill Mustang GT.

Wanna know how I found that out? I decided to buy a new GT500 instead of upgrading my SGT. So here I am, like others that have this limited edition, signed, numbered, car and I find out it isn't worth ****. Might as well have a base GT that has been driven in the ground.

Why? Because here I am, wanting a new GT500 and ready to trade my limited, special Shelby in on it. And its not some POS. Its a 2008, the total sticker price on it was almost $42K (with the Shelby package which was $8500, plus a $1000 gas guzzler tax too). I'll concede that I paid much less than that because I bought it in May of the year when the next model was coming out, and I paid cash for it so I got a good deal off of the sticker price.

But here it is, 3 years old, with 9K miles, a $42K msrp car (just like the Roush, way above the regular sticker price) never driven in the rain, perfect showroom condition, and its a special numbered limited Shelby. Their first offer was $19,500. Yes, you read that right. And you'll get the same kind of offers on your special Roush when you get ready to sell it because the vin shows that it is nothing more than a Mustang GT and that is all it will ever be.

I'm not bashing them. I love the Roush cars, there's a guy with a green one on this site that is one of my favorite cars on here, I love it. Hell, I loved my SGT so much that if I had more garage space I'd have kept it, I loved that car. But the fact is that it will never be worth **** except to you and you will pay a hell of a lot more money for it new than it is worth or will ever be worth. Just plan on keeping it forever because it will be special to you, it will never be special enough to someone else to be worth a lot of money, at least not in your lifetime.
Best post in this thread. I 100% agree. Thanks for this. It's exactly the point that I'm making, clarified by most of you on this thread. Thanks.

Originally Posted by Twin Turbo
I won't get into the "is it worth X $$" argument, but I do know the Roush is a superb looking Mustang.

I've no idea how much the body kit costs, but this is probably the more sensible approach.............this car started out as GT and the owner procured the body kit and wheels.

See Paul, this is where opinion really matters. Though I agree it's a great looking car, I really just like how the S197's look compared to this. A well modified, low-slung S197 just looks bada$$.

I'm not saying mine's one of the best looking ones, but hey, I love it, and yes I'm biased. But I prefer the body style of the S197.

Old 4/10/15, 04:46 PM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,965 Likes on 1,590 Posts
Originally Posted by 3point7
I get it Rock and it's not that I disagree. But you dare mention the "C" word!!! lol
Yes Rob ! I did commit sacrilege by mentioning the "C" word!!! lol. and unfortunately sometimes the truth really does hurt.. Therefore if the Mopar boys can offer a high performance variant of the "C" for under 40k ? Then why in God's name can't Ford do the same for the Mustang faithful as well ?

Seems to me if Ford is really concerned about keeping their long term customers from jumping ship over to the competition!!! then step up to the plate and do something about it.. For example they could always bring back the Mach 1 as a possible alternative to the 392 Scat Pack and offer that package for just under 40k to it's customers who want an upgrade to the standard GT but also at a more reasonable price.. Anyhow seems like a no brainer as far as I'm concerned

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 4/10/15 at 05:02 PM.
Old 4/10/15, 05:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
YouFor me this time I think it was more laziness than anything. I still have the take off parts from my '07 (went FRPP all the way with that one) and the take off from the Brembo '11. Never could move'm on Craig's List or eBay. My shed's full of take off's and the garage is full of the '90 (stripped to frame).

I didn't want another project and the base 2015 GT needs a lot of help. Those pics Twin Turbo posted above are what convinced me.

There's something else going on though with the options from Ford and what Roush has done with these cars. My window sticker from Ford had the take off's as 18" wheels. Will a 18" wheel fit over these Brembos? They look the size of the GT 500 (which are bigger than Trac-pacs) and the Ford Sticker says nothing of Brembos. I'll figure it out weather permitting this weekend. The wheels and tires (20 inches and staggered) are easily $800-$900 a corner so there's half the Roush package price. I'll post more as open this thing up. One last thing mine was $45K. Not what I financed but the lowest I could talk'm down.
Old 4/10/15, 08:46 PM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,088 Likes on 788 Posts

This is one sharp looking 15! Roush has done a good job making this look nice. Body kit and wheels might be the answer. But what did it cost or how much time did it take to put them on? Enough to make up the difference? Probably not.

Thanks for sharing. This car is awesome.

But, right now I am happy with my 14 Roush Stage 2, so I will just drool.

Last edited by shaneyusa; 4/10/15 at 08:48 PM.
Old 4/10/15, 11:45 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 592 Likes on 425 Posts

That thing is ****ing sick. And I'm not a fan of the 15' yet, but that car is awesome, still not in love with the rear though. I'll repeat again what I've said on here before, the first pics of the '15 Roush that came out (it was black) was a BAMF, I loved it. I think I said that if it had monster brakes, killer suspension and a big honkin' blower with a lot of power I'd probably want one.

I wouldn't buy a new one and eat the loss of money like I have before, but I might buy a used one a year or two old. That first one I saw was one nasty looking ****.
Old 4/17/15, 10:49 AM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Cool

All the rear of the 2015 needs is a big spoiler to balance out the look.
Old 4/17/15, 11:40 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
RS2?? I bet that stands for Retarded Stupid 2

trolololol
Old 4/20/15, 03:32 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beauty and value are in the eye of the beholder. If the Roush S2 package is worth it to you then that's all that matters. I really like the look of the Roush package. Just not sure it's worth that kind of money TO ME but that doesn't matter to someone who thinks it IS worth it to them.

Buy what you love and drive it.
Old 4/20/15, 03:37 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
^ oh I like it too. More so than the regular GT. But, point is, I can get that "look" for thousands less.