2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

$53k plus?!?!?!? for Roush RS2?

Search this Thread

Old 4/6/15, 08:55 PM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,987 Likes on 1,611 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Yeah, if it had a blower, would be somewhat worth it (RS3). But I'd rather get a Shelby, or stock 5.0 then modify.
That makes 2 of us

Originally Posted by FromZto5
Apparently you don't even get springs for the RS2!?!?!?
As I said before, for 53k.. Roush can just keep it
Old 4/6/15, 09:10 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
Front and rear fascias too? I think part of the added cost is that Roush must factor in labor of removing the factory parts (which you don't get to keep, and they sell as takeoffs in their ebay store).
The front fascia varies in price based on the paint color, but I calculated in CO as it was the highest price at $1872 and rear spoiler at $363 from Roush pre-painted. Cj's is getting some colors of the pre-painted spoiler, but they don't show all just yet, or the price would be lower.

As with the rear fascias, I forgot to mention without the Roush panel also, as it isn't available, but the bumper I believe is just the GT Premium with a Roush rear valance for the quad exhaust, which is only $200.

I really like the Roush looks, but you are right on the money though on not getting to keep the take off parts I believe. All the parts are replacing something you are already paying for. I'll upgrade mine with what I want, leave out what I don't, and have my take-off to sell to recoup some of the cost, or just hold onto them just in case something happens.
Old 4/8/15, 08:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Welcome to the wonderful world of new car prices where everything is absurdly overpriced.

You think this is bad, try pricing a new pickup truck.
Old 4/9/15, 01:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Yeah it is pretty stupid. It reminds me of when the 2005 Mustang came out. Wait a year and save a ton of cash. The only ones that are priced fair are the V6 and Ecoboost models right now. A fool and his/her money are soon parted.
Old 4/9/15, 02:53 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Update:

My buddy has taken my advice and will pass on these cars. He'll be looking at either a regular GT, or maybe waiting till the GT350 comes out, and go ALL OUT. He's also looking at Camaro though...can't blame him.
Old 4/9/15, 03:10 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Have your buddy crawl underneath those Roush Mustangs and see if the suspension and shifter are stock 2015 Mustang parts. I was under the impression Roush reworks the suspension and replaces the shifter. We all would like you to report back what he finds.
Old 4/9/15, 03:39 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 609 Likes on 438 Posts
Originally Posted by 2 Go Snake
Have your buddy crawl underneath those Roush Mustangs and see if the suspension and shifter are stock 2015 Mustang parts. I was under the impression Roush reworks the suspension and replaces the shifter. We all would like you to report back what he finds.
I figure if they did, they would definitely be listing it on their own website, and bragging about how much of an improvement it is, as a selling point. However, no mention whatsoever of suspension upgrades on the Roush site where the packages are listed.
Old 4/9/15, 04:59 PM

Just a word from an owner, "Exclusive”.

Now the thinking behind buying: I’ve owned 4 other Mustangs besides this brand new, off-the-showroom-floor, 2015 Roush RS2 Mustang. Has every option I’ve ever heard of you can put on a Mustang. Incredible car! Traded a 2011 Track Pack, Nav, Glass Roof GT that I installed a Roush Stage 2 suspension and Roush exhaust with a Boss/CS front end and FRPP Tune. Did all the work myself and still do on my ’90 Foxbody. The ’11 was/is a nice car, great trade value, but sorry, after you’ve driven a performance car without the full axle you’ll never go back, unless it’s to drag race. Used X-Plan for the Roush - worth over $2K off. Negotiated another $2K from the RS2 package. The Roush body parts are awesome, people can’t take their eyes off of this car. Haven’t received this kind of attention since cruising in my neighbors 2015 Stingray. Turning <snapping?> heads everywhere I go in this Roush. Worth every dime! I have one and I know for a fact there isn’t another for 100 miles. Best package I saw at SEMA, Roush has a winner on style alone. So what’s with all the whanking on the price? If you got it to spend…sorta like lamenting over the price of gas for a car that barely gets 17 MPG, I don’t get it. You think your petty observations on price will make it come down in price? Try that at the dealership, you know you want one!

Old 4/9/15, 05:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Freelance4

Just a word from an owner, "Exclusive”.

Now the thinking behind buying: I’ve owned 4 other Mustangs besides this brand new, off-the-showroom-floor, 2015 Roush RS2 Mustang. Has every option I’ve ever heard of you can put on a Mustang. Incredible car! Traded a 2011 Track Pack, Nav, Glass Roof GT that I installed a Roush Stage 2 suspension and Roush exhaust with a Boss/CS front end and FRPP Tune. Did all the work myself and still do on my ’90 Foxbody. The ’11 was/is a nice car, great trade value, but sorry, after you’ve driven a performance car without the full axle you’ll never go back, unless it’s to drag race. Used X-Plan for the Roush - worth over $2K off. Negotiated another $2K from the RS2 package. The Roush body parts are awesome, people can’t take their eyes off of this car. Haven’t received this kind of attention since cruising in my neighbors 2015 Stingray. Turning <snapping?> heads everywhere I go in this Roush. Worth every dime! I have one and I know for a fact there isn’t another for 100 miles. Best package I saw at SEMA, Roush has a winner on style alone. So what’s with all the whanking on the price? If you got it to spend…sorta like lamenting over the price of gas for a car that barely gets 17 MPG, I don’t get it. You think your petty observations on price will make it come down in price? Try that at the dealership, you know you want one!

Well I guess for some of us being the center of attention is worth a lot of money and for others it isn't. Personally I don't feel the need to have people pay attention to me for no other reason than the car I'm driving. If I'm going to get attention I'd rather it be for something a little more honorable than an expensive car.
Old 4/9/15, 07:42 PM

"Personally I don't feel the need to have people pay attention to me for no other reason than the car I'm driving." Guess you need some attention from your posting. OP was chastising the price of the Roush, I simply gave some rationale. The RS2 is best looking Mustang version to hit the 2015MY, IMHO (LOL).

Its a Mustang site about Mustangs, would anyone buy one if they didn't look good? The "attention" isn't about me (or us), it's about the car. Called affirmation. Other like it, it reinforces your thoughts as to why you bought one, or in your case...what did you buy?
Old 4/9/15, 07:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

"Personally I don't feel the need to have people pay attention to me for no other reason than the car I'm driving." Guess you need some attention from your posting. OP was chastising the price of the Roush, I simply gave some rationale. The RS2 is best looking Mustang version to hit the 2015MY, IMHO (LOL).

Its a Mustang site about Mustangs, would anyone buy one if they didn't look good? The "attention" isn't about me (or us), it's about the car. Called affirmation. Other like it, it reinforces your thoughts as to why you bought one, or in your case...what did you buy?
You can see the Mustang I bought right in my icon. I didn't buy it out of some need to have people look at me or for any sense of "affirmation" or to get attention or because of what other people would think about it. I bought the car because I liked it and it's what I wanted. I couldn't care less what the rest of the world thinks about it or if they look at it and I certainly don't think it should change anyone's opinion of me for better or worse just because of the car I drive and for those that do feel that way I would say they're shallow as a mud puddle.

Last edited by 3point7; 4/9/15 at 07:55 PM.
Old 4/9/15, 08:03 PM

Next you'll be calling people who but their Mustangs in car shows Attention ******. I do that to so I guess we're all lost but you.
Old 4/9/15, 08:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Next you'll be calling people who but their Mustangs in car shows Attention ******. I do that to so I guess we're all lost but you.
On the contrary. There's not a thing wrong with putting your Mustang in a car show. It is perfectly normal for people to appreciate an attractive car just as they might appreciate attractive women, or art work, or music, etc. Having a car in a car show, however, in no way reflects positively or negatively on you as a person. You could have the best looking car at a car show and still be a total jerk in person. You could also be a really great guy. The condition and attractive appeal of a persons car in now way tells you anything about the owner and should never be the barometer by which you gauge someone.

I have a family member that enters his car in car shows all the time and he doesn't do it for the attention. He just enjoys being around other people who like cars as much as him. There are certainly plenty of people at car shows, however, who do it for attention.
Old 4/9/15, 08:14 PM

"appeal of a persons car in now way tells you anything about the owner and should never be the barometer by which you gauge someone"

And you just did what to me?
Old 4/9/15, 08:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

"appeal of a persons car in now way tells you anything about the owner and should never be the barometer by which you gauge someone"

And you just did what to me?
I didn't do anything to you. I never said I was talking about you and I was clear that I was making reference to third persons, not yourself. The fact that you took it to mean that I was talking about you is more a reflection of you not anything that I said.

Finally I would just add the people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. When you tell people that their observations are "petty" it tends to come off as insulting.

Last edited by 3point7; 4/9/15 at 08:24 PM.
Old 4/9/15, 08:23 PM

To the original poster, sorry this thread took a turn for the weird. If anyone has any real questions about a Roush RS2 ask away. I'll even jack it up and take pics. There are more to these cars then what they've put on the site.

...and Rob (3.7) your V8 envy is showing.
Old 4/9/15, 08:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

To the original poster, sorry this thread took a turn for the weird. If anyone has any real questions about a Roush RS2 ask away. I'll even jack it up and take pics. There are more to these cars then what they've put on the site.

...and Rob (3.7) your V8 envy is showing.
I've previously owned two V8 Mustangs but thank your for the typical response.
Old 4/9/15, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by KStev
The front fascia varies in price based on the paint color, but I calculated in CO as it was the highest price at $1872 and rear spoiler at $363 from Roush pre-painted. Cj's is getting some colors of the pre-painted spoiler, but they don't show all just yet, or the price would be lower.

As with the rear fascias, I forgot to mention without the Roush panel also, as it isn't available, but the bumper I believe is just the GT Premium with a Roush rear valance for the quad exhaust, which is only $200.

I really like the Roush looks, but you are right on the money though on not getting to keep the take off parts I believe. All the parts are replacing something you are already paying for. I'll upgrade mine with what I want, leave out what I don't, and have my take-off to sell to recoup some of the cost, or just hold onto them just in case something happens.
If you want to spend 53k of your hard earned money for just the Roush name and some eye candy ? Then by all means, be my guest lol.

However, I'd much rather spend my hard money on the Challenger 392 Scat Pack and get the most bang for my buck performance starting at 37k
Old 4/9/15, 09:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Oh God Rock, prepare thy self for

lol
Old 4/9/15, 10:13 PM

I'm just saying Rob, if your're going to fork over 53k for a car ? Get the most for your hard earned dollar and not just for eye candy..

On the other hand, if the Roush RS2 offered some actual real performance upgrades over the regular GT ? Then I could understand paying that kind of money for it, but for just a body package and different paint options, you would be much better off modding a regular GT or even better yet, look into the Challenger 392 Scat Pack for 37k and end up much further ahead in the process

Quick Reply: $53k plus?!?!?!? for Roush RS2?