2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

$53k plus?!?!?!? for Roush RS2?

Search this Thread

Old 4/6/15, 01:15 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
$53k plus?!?!?!? for Roush RS2?

Came across these 2 cars the other day, since my buddy tested them this past Saturday. He wanted my opinion on them.

http://www.deweyford.com/new/Ford/20...f973a4b47b.htm

http://www.deweyford.com/new/Ford/20...61078750db.htm

Someone educate me here: Are they asking for $53k for a RS2 Roush, which essentially includes (NO BLOWER) but some exterior "go-fast-looking" tidbits, an exhaust, and some springs? What else comes with the RS2 package?

So they're adding essentially $15-20k over a standard GT coupe just for THAT?

Is it just me or (let me state the OBVIOUS), is that wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy overpriced?

I'd be more inclined to tell my buddy just to get a regular GT, then mod it up. Add to the fact that, after a few years, the value on KBB doesn't go up one iota from a GT, because the VIN# equates to just a GT. In fact, you'd lose money when getting a Roush????
Old 4/6/15, 01:31 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 592 Likes on 425 Posts
Looking at the Roush site, it says the Stage 2 package "starts" at $8,995. I don't even see anything listed about suspension mods, even in the options you can add, just appearance stuff.

http://www.roushperformance.com/vehi...15-stage2.html
Old 4/6/15, 01:40 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
The black one is even on sale!

yeah, unless someone is a Roush fan, or just really digs the way those cars look, its not worth the money. It's easy for people on Mustang forums to know that because we are super educated in the cost and value of cars and mods. He did the right thing by asking you!

If he is willing to drop 50K on a Mustang, show him a picture of the Shelby GT350 and recommend he save his money until this fall.
Old 4/6/15, 01:45 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
What's more impressive than that? My local dealer, who I won't let my car touch with a 10ft pole, has $7,995 "market adjustment" markup on every 2015 on their lot.

Not only that, I saw a Competition Orange GT there when I drove by in Friday...on Sunday, I stopped by early just to scope out their stock, which is when I saw they were all marked up. Sales guy comes out (thought they'd be closed on Easter....) and I tell him my 2014 is in the body shop, just looking. So he starts asking if I'm looking to trade it. I'm like uhh no? So I ask about the CO car - they sold it on Saturday, hopefully to someone with x-plan. I thanked him for his "time" and got the H out of there. I absolutely hate that place. $8k markup on standard 2015s bwhahaha. They had a $20k markup on their 50th Edition too.
Old 4/6/15, 02:02 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Looking at the Roush site, it says the Stage 2 package "starts" at $8,995. I don't even see anything listed about suspension mods, even in the options you can add, just appearance stuff.

http://www.roushperformance.com/vehi...15-stage2.html
Originally Posted by codeman94
The black one is even on sale!

yeah, unless someone is a Roush fan, or just really digs the way those cars look, its not worth the money. It's easy for people on Mustang forums to know that because we are super educated in the cost and value of cars and mods. He did the right thing by asking you!

If he is willing to drop 50K on a Mustang, show him a picture of the Shelby GT350 and recommend he save his money until this fall.
yeah that's crazy then. So for $53k MSRP, they are tacking on essentially $15k to a GT, right? That's INSANE. For a Roush exhaust (axlebacks? so say $500), and Roush stickers and rear fascia? If not springs, that totals let's say $5k all in all (if the rear and front fascias are "slightly" different). How the heck do they get off saying that's $15k worth?

It doesn't take a genius to realize you could just buy a regular GT, add a Roush exhaust, then maybe the stickers, then pocket the rest of the money. The fact that even a real Roush RS2 VIN# leads back to a regular GT, you're definitely losing money

What am I missing here? Is it the exclusivity? Is that the logic behind this madness?
Old 4/6/15, 02:05 PM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Whats the saying... theres a sucker born every minute.
Old 4/6/15, 02:38 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mustangfan410
Sometimes more frequently than that I think.

I had to look at some things on the cars posted, and they just do not have enough information listed to justify the price on them. Window Sticker on the Black RS2 (before the 9k package add on) is $40,415, so it is marked up an extra 4k without stating what "optional components" that are not included in the 9k package price are present. Well, besides the body color painted hood scoop which is optional.

The Yellow RS2 is even worse on markup considering it has a cheaper window sticker price but overall higher asking price.

Besides the wheels, tires, stickers and badges, I think the entire package can be purchased pre-painted, installed in your garage in a few hours, and save a few thousand in the process. I priced all that is included in the package besides what is listed pre-painted at just under $3,700. That is the route i would go, if you want badges, Roush says they will be available for sale at a later date.

Last edited by KStev; 4/6/15 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Add info
Old 4/6/15, 02:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
That's why you wait to buy a car like that only at the end of the model year and take the deep discounts. I bought my 14 roush in September when the 15s were on the way to the dealer.

I just looked at the 15s this past weekend and noticed the stage 1's are now the ecoboost cars and the stage 2 is a gt with appearance from what I could tell.
Old 4/6/15, 02:58 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by KStev
Sometimes more frequently than that I think. I had to look at some things on the cars posted, and they just do not have enough information listed to justify the price on them. Window Sticker on the Black RS2 (before the 9k package add on) is $40,415, so it is marked up an extra 4k without stating what "optional components" that are not included in the 9k package price are present. Well, besides the body color painted hood scoop which is optional. The Yellow RS2 is even worse on markup considering it has a cheaper window sticker price but overall higher asking price. Besides the wheels, tires, stickers and badges, I think the entire package can be purchased pre-painted, installed in your garage in a few hours, and save a few thousand in the process. I priced all that is included in the package besides what is listed pre-painted at just under $3,700. That is the route i would go, if you want badges, Roush says they will be available for sale at a later date.
Front and rear fascias too? I think part of the added cost is that Roush must factor in labor of removing the factory parts (which you don't get to keep, and they sell as takeoffs in their ebay store).
Old 4/6/15, 03:11 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,681 Likes on 1,200 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
What's more impressive than that? My local dealer, who I won't let my car touch with a 10ft pole, has $7,995 "market adjustment" markup on every 2015 on their lot.
^^I really think this has a lot to do with it. Because it is a 2015 model.
But, yes, that is WAAAAYYYYYY overpriced.
Old 4/6/15, 03:23 PM
I Have No Life

Must be! Because the sad part is that, SOMEONE will buy those cars. And pay MSRP for it.

Originally Posted by KStev
Sometimes more frequently than that I think.

I had to look at some things on the cars posted, and they just do not have enough information listed to justify the price on them. Window Sticker on the Black RS2 (before the 9k package add on) is $40,415, so it is marked up an extra 4k without stating what "optional components" that are not included in the 9k package price are present. Well, besides the body color painted hood scoop which is optional.

The Yellow RS2 is even worse on markup considering it has a cheaper window sticker price but overall higher asking price.

Besides the wheels, tires, stickers and badges, I think the entire package can be purchased pre-painted, installed in your garage in a few hours, and save a few thousand in the process. I priced all that is included in the package besides what is listed pre-painted at just under $3,700. That is the route i would go, if you want badges, Roush says they will be available for sale at a later date.

Originally Posted by laserred38
Front and rear fascias too? I think part of the added cost is that Roush must factor in labor of removing the factory parts (which you don't get to keep, and they sell as takeoffs in their ebay store).

Wow. That's crazy. So...............not only do they rip you off with the MSRP in the first place, then you LOSE all your stock parts, and then they sell it as take-offs so they make more $$$. Wow. Makes even MORE sense to buy a regular GT then Roush-ify it. You get to spend cheaper on the parts PLUS keep your stock (or sell) parts.

I mean MAYBE if the $15k INCLUDED the springs and a blower (525hp even), MAYBE it would be worth buying. But $53k for an exhaust and some decals? That's absurd.

I'll be talking with my buddy tonight. I'll share all your thoughts.
Old 4/6/15, 03:28 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
But $53k for an exhaust and some decals? That's absurd. I'll be talking with my buddy tonight. I'll share all your thoughts.
Yep it is crazy! But if wants a roush-badged car then he needs to wait and look around and find a deal. If he just wants a badass fast car tell him to find a 14 still hanging around and slap a blower and tires on it lol.
Old 4/6/15, 03:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Stage_3
^^I really think this has a lot to do with it. Because it is a 2015 model. But, yes, that is WAAAAYYYYYY overpriced.
They have like 20+ on their lot and more in their storage, all kinds of different options etc. Not like they have a shortage lol, and the 15 has been out for like 6 months now. It's not new anymore. They're just retarded.
Old 4/6/15, 04:12 PM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Must be! Because the sad part is that, SOMEONE will buy those cars. And pay MSRP for it.
They'll pay that because it says Roush, even though it has none of the performance of a Roush.
Old 4/6/15, 04:36 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
Came across these 2 cars the other day, since my buddy tested them this past Saturday. He wanted my opinion on them. http://www.deweyford.com/new/Ford/20...f973a4b47b.htm http://www.deweyford.com/new/Ford/20...61078750db.htm Someone educate me here: Are they asking for $53k for a RS2 Roush, which essentially includes (NO BLOWER) but some exterior "go-fast-looking" tidbits, an exhaust, and some springs? What else comes with the RS2 package? So they're adding essentially $15-20k over a standard GT coupe just for THAT? Is it just me or (let me state the OBVIOUS), is that wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy overpriced? I'd be more inclined to tell my buddy just to get a regular GT, then mod it up. Add to the fact that, after a few years, the value on KBB doesn't go up one iota from a GT, because the VIN# equates to just a GT. In fact, you'd lose money when getting a Roush????
They're all over Autotrader. I've been staring at them.
I haven't seen any 3's yet.

Last edited by GrnT; 4/6/15 at 04:38 PM.
Old 4/6/15, 07:50 PM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,965 Likes on 1,590 Posts
Came across these 2 cars the other day, since my buddy tested them this past Saturday. He wanted my opinion on them.

http://www.deweyford.com/new/Ford/20...f973a4b47b.htm

http://www.deweyford.com/new/Ford/20...61078750db.htm

Someone educate me here: Are they asking for $53k for a RS2 Roush, which essentially includes (NO BLOWER) but some exterior "go-fast-looking" tidbits, an exhaust, and some springs? What else comes with the RS2 package?

So they're adding essentially $15-20k over a standard GT coupe just for THAT?

Is it just me or (let me state the OBVIOUS), is that wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy overpriced?

I'd be more inclined to tell my buddy just to get a regular GT, then mod it up. Add to the fact that, after a few years, the value on KBB doesn't go up one iota from a GT, because the VIN# equates to just a GT. In fact, you'd lose money when getting a Roush????
If all your getting for 53k is a body kit, exhaust and lowering springs ? Roush can just keep their RS2 for all I care..

And when you talk to your buddy, tell him this too.. He'd be much better off waiting for the GT350.. At least he'll be getting the 5.2L flat plane crank V8 rated at 550 HP and also built in house by Ford..

Or like the other folks recommended, you can modify a stock 2015 GT and be much further ahead for less than 53k for a Roush that's nothing more than just eye candy
Old 4/6/15, 08:06 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by GrnT
They're all over Autotrader. I've been staring at them. I haven't seen any 3's yet.
Yeah, if it had a blower, would be somewhat worth it (RS3). But I'd rather get a Shelby, or stock 5.0 then modify.

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
If all your getting for 53k is a body kit, exhaust and lowering springs ? Roush can just keep their RS2 for all I care.. And when you talk to your buddy, tell him this too.. He'd be much better off waiting for the GT350.. At least he'll be getting the 5.2L flat plane crank V8 rated at 550 HP and also built in house by Ford.. Or like the other folks recommended, you can modify a stock 2015 GT and be much further ahead for less than 53k for a Roush that's nothing more than just eye candy
Apparently you don't even get springs for the RS2!?!?!?
Old 4/6/15, 08:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
I like the Orange one. Do you think Shelby will be available in Orange?
Old 4/6/15, 08:21 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by GrnT
I like the Orange one. Do you think Shelby will be available in Orange?
Yes

Comp orange, triple yellow, Avalanche gray, Oxford white, magnetic, race red, shadow black, and deep impact blue
Old 4/6/15, 08:43 PM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,088 Likes on 788 Posts
This is a little much, no this is too much. Got my 14 RS2 for about 48k. Not that these are anywhere close to the same car as mine, but... MSRP on the GT for mine was just under 42k before the Roush upgrades. I got the RS2 plus most of the optional upgrades. Not sure what the base car for these are like, but this is over the top. Lookup the VIN and get the Ford window sticker. Price the additions at Roush. Should give you an idea where it should stand with mine. Just remember these are very early cars and looks like the dealer is banking that the early serials will command more $$$.

I think Nick (MustangFan410) said it all....

Quick Reply: $53k plus?!?!?!? for Roush RS2?