2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

2015 Photoshop/Rendering Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11/5/13, 01:54 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FireDragon
The straight body lines make it look boring. At least the 10-14s had a slight break with the vertical hip arch above the rear wheel. From the side it just blends in with every other car.
Old 11/5/13, 03:37 PM

It does seem like about 90% of recent design all have the unbroken beltline arch, from front to back with nary a deviation as if drawn in one stroke on a French curve. I think some beltline contouring would be a welcome and appropriate addition to the Stang, even more so than the oh-so modest bump on the current car, i.e., ala the '69-'70 Stangs.
Old 11/5/13, 04:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by rhumb
It does seem like about 90% of recent design all have the unbroken beltline arch, from front to back with nary a deviation as if drawn in one stroke on a French curve. I think some beltline contouring would be a welcome and appropriate addition to the Stang, even more so than the oh-so modest bump on the current car, i.e., ala the '69-'70 Stangs.
I have a feeling the designers left it blandish on purpose, just so they have something to add on a future refresh. Just like the 05-09 had the straight beltline, then added the mini hips on the 10+. I suspect they will do the same with the 15, thinking people will buy it anyway because it's new. That might not be a good idea if the next gen Camaro comes out all aggressive looking out of the gate.
Old 11/5/13, 04:49 PM
Bullitt Member

I have a feeling the designers left it blandish on purpose, just so they have something to add on a future refresh. Just like the 05-09 had the straight beltline, then added the mini hips on the 10+. I suspect they will do the same with the 15, thinking people will buy it anyway because it's new. That might not be a good idea if the next gen Camaro comes out all aggressive looking out of the gate.
It probably will, GM designers are making some pretty radical looking cars now
Old 11/5/13, 04:56 PM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,954 Likes on 1,583 Posts
Originally Posted by Azure
It does have a little more of a fastback look to it.
Yes It sure does, although I was hoping for a full fastback profile but it's close enough I suppose..

It just needs hips similar to the current 10-14 models to break up those same old boring straight lines that were on both the SN-95 and early 05-09 S-197 Mustangs for so long..
Old 11/5/13, 06:17 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,171 Likes on 1,619 Posts
The straight body lines make it look boring. At least the 10-14s had a slight break with the vertical hip arch above the rear wheel. From the side it just blends in with every other car.
Originally Posted by Darth Lascivious
Agree gotta have them birthing hips!!!
Originally Posted by The_Munk
It probably will, GM designers are making some pretty radical looking cars now
WHO CARES ABOUT GM!!!
Old 11/5/13, 06:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
WHO CARES ABOUT GM!!!
I hate to say it but if wasn't for GM we wouldn't have the same Mustang we have now
Old 11/5/13, 06:54 PM
Cobra Member

Yep, she needs hips.
Old 11/5/13, 06:59 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Wolfsburg
Yep, she needs hips.
Hips, yeas like wider at the rear, coke bottle shaped, not haunches, like some jumping bunny.
Old 11/5/13, 07:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2
Hips, yeas like wider at the rear, coke bottle shaped, not haunches, like some jumping bunny.
I'll take the haunches. If I want straight, boring body lines I'll get a BMW.
Old 11/5/13, 11:01 PM
FR500 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Agreed on GM helpimg the mustang be what it is today. Competition brings out the best and that saying is always true. If Ford were to make a real game changer with the next gen, the camaro and Chally would follow suit and its constant inprovement. I always hear most average folks like the bold in your face design of the camaros (pre 14) over the tamer looking mustang, even if we have the better car. Looks attract the buyer, performance and refinement sell it.

Give us a modern mustang, make it look like it wants to eat children for breakfast for the higher models, reasonable price, and an interior people will love to be in and thats a winner. Camaroʻs already have horrible blind spots and IMO a very sub-par cabin. I mean who wants their temo gauges in front of the shifter? Although the HUD is pretty cool i will admit. But the styling really saves it. Our current Mustangs CAN look like a mean S.O.B. but admittedly do look somewhat tame from the factory (dont get me started on the flat panel challenger). The aftermarket brings out the spirit of the mustang but most wont care so much for that. They want a killer package right out of the box. Yes we have a cabin you can actually see out of. Yes we have the numbers to romo most cars on the road today and keep with the iconic m3. Yes we turn heads because its an american icon. But give us something that will make other brand loyals flock to us. Give us something that will be loved worldwide. Sleek and elegant like an Aston, street presence like a true american, interior refinement that will make the germans take note.

That doesnt necessarily mean give us a 50k GT trim pack. We can keep cost low with simplicity but make it the best basic interior in our market. My 02 had adjustable lumbar support, saved me on long trips. Whered that feature go? Civics have a digital speedometer. Why cant we? And i know sunroofs arent exactly a part of stang history but why not start with the new generation? Let it start its own reign of terror. Heck the backseats are even a great place to sir from time to time, camaro cant compare but challys have the leg up since theyre so massive.

I can just keep ranting on and on but my point is this. Make it look unique, give it a simple but well put together interior, better basic features, and slap a reasonable price tag on it and thats three leaps in the right direction. Make it have hips and shark nose, a presence that commands respect and noises that will make grown men wet. But bring it to a level where those grown men can bring their kids or female companion to the grocery store and still take care of daily tasks without having to sacrifice somewhere just to make payments. An affordable street king is what the Mustang has been from day one. Time to improve on that, time to start a new legend. A worldwide hit.
Old 11/6/13, 08:23 AM
Mach 1 Member

Well said. I like your Romo reference. Go Lions!
Old 11/6/13, 08:55 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
CCTking: you said it
Old 11/6/13, 09:08 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by FordBlueHeart
Well said. I like your Romo reference. Go Lions!
Originally Posted by CiniZter
CCTking: you said it
Yup! Well said CCTking

Except I think Challengers look great.

Last edited by Azure; 11/6/13 at 09:31 AM.
Old 11/6/13, 09:21 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by txpony
Kinda looks like the old probes. Glad I went with the 14.

holy **** i thought the exact same thing when i saw it

Old 11/6/13, 09:30 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by cinque35
holy **** i thought the exact same thing when i saw it
Not even close IMO. Looks more like an Aston Martin than a Probe.
Old 11/6/13, 09:37 AM
FR500 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
This
Old 11/6/13, 09:44 AM
Cobra R Member

ok correction.. probe with a fusion grille
Old 11/6/13, 09:55 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by FordBlueHeart

That's funny, I look at that picture and then your avatar(your car, not the cat) and I don't see much difference.
I think when we see them in person, they will look vastly different though.
^^Still this.
Old 11/6/13, 01:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by CCTking
An affordable street king is what the Mustang has been from day one. Time to improve on that, time to start a new legend. A worldwide hit.
This ^

I'm sorry I see no resemblance at all to either vehicle.

Quick Reply: 2015 Photoshop/Rendering Thread