2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

2015 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 4/24/15, 01:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I have to admit. There's a little bit of me that's jeolous that I'm not part of this thread, as was instead part of last year's thread.

Hang in there folks, your cars will come!
Old 4/24/15, 01:03 PM
GT Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Kay5Oh
According to My dealer, the car is sitting at "Car co" for the premium seats installation. Thats why its taking so long.

The car will not be shipped until its released from them. So im stuck in awaiting shipment and released from plant...because its no longer at FORD...this aggravates me, because now i have 0 info on the car.

I hope other people arent stuck in the same situation I am. How many of you that had the delay had premium seats?
I received an email from my salesman saying that it was waiting on parts delivery as well... I had the premium package, and the guy who got his even though he ordered after me had Recaros...

So this makes sense. It sounds like they ran out of the premium package front seats.

He says that they told him that mine WAS on hold, and has now been released... so here's hoping.
Old 4/25/15, 01:58 PM
V6 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Signed , Sealed , Delivered

In my farewell to this thread, I want to thank all of you that waited and went through this process with me. Such sweet agony, it was nice to know I was not alone. For those who went before me I hope you are enjoying your rides as much as I am. For those still waiting, it is SOOOOO worth the wait.
I especially want to thank Deysha for all the help and comfort. I sent Ford a note letting them know what a great help she is and you should all do the same.

So, today my friend Tony picked me up in his 63 Split view Vette and drove me up to Healdsburg. First a little breakfast at the Singletree Cafe then on to Sanderson Ford. I can't thank them enough for an excellent and straightforward deal. A little paperwork and my and my honey were off for a little cruise through the vineyards from Dry Creek Road up to Lake Sonoma.. Tomorrow we are taking her out to the coast for a cruise from Jenner to Tomales Bay for some oysters.

See ya in the Forums,
Jonser
Attached Thumbnails 2015 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-img_6192.jpg   2015 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-img_6188.jpg   2015 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-img_6185.jpg  
Old 4/25/15, 01:58 PM
V6 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
PS, Caps were in the trunk
Old 4/26/15, 09:48 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by jonser
my scheduled delivery is next week. So Ford is now delivering the convertibles with the caps in the trunk? People were saying Ford is shipping them directly to customers. I ordered the 15" ecoboost convertible.
Old 4/27/15, 06:23 AM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Today the status on my car changed from "awaiting shipment" to "in transit" and the delivery date changed from 04/28/15 to 05/05/15 ! Can't wait!!
Old 4/27/15, 06:53 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Mrsuitcase
Well, I have to admit. There's a little bit of me that's jeolous that I'm not part of this thread, as was instead part of last year's thread.

Hang in there folks, your cars will come!
I knew you missed me, Mrsuitcase! Lol! Hope you’re enjoying your ride.

Originally Posted by Skrapmetal
I received an email from my salesman saying that it was waiting on parts delivery as well... I had the premium package, and the guy who got his even though he ordered after me had Recaros...

So this makes sense. It sounds like they ran out of the premium package front seats.
He says that they told him that mine WAS on hold, and has now been released... so here's hoping.
The last update is still from 4/7, Skrapmetal. Fingers crossed for an update this week.

In my farewell to this thread, I want to thank all of you that waited and went through this process with me. Such sweet agony, it was nice to know I was not alone. For those who went before me I hope you are enjoying your rides as much as I am. For those still waiting, it is SOOOOO worth the wait.
I especially want to thank Deysha for all the help and comfort. I sent Ford a note letting them know what a great help she is and you should all do the same.

So, today my friend Tony picked me up in his 63 Split view Vette and drove me up to Healdsburg. First a little breakfast at the Singletree Cafe then on to Sanderson Ford. I can't thank them enough for an excellent and straightforward deal. A little paperwork and my and my honey were off for a little cruise through the vineyards from Dry Creek Road up to Lake Sonoma.. Tomorrow we are taking her out to the coast for a cruise from Jenner to Tomales Bay for some oysters.

See ya in the Forums,
Jonser
Awesome and you’re very welcome, jonser! Thanks for the tonneau caps update as well.

Originally Posted by 2015turbostang
Today the status on my car changed from "awaiting shipment" to "in transit" and the delivery date changed from 04/28/15 to 05/05/15 ! Can't wait!!
It was just put out to await shipment yesterday, 2015turbostang! It should get picked up by a truck in the next few days.

Deysha
Old 4/27/15, 07:35 AM

I wasn't going to get a new car until August. I was contemplating a BMW 3/5 series or an Audi. A friend of mine purchased the 2015 mustang in a different state and told me I should go check it out. Ive never been a fan Of the mustang because I thought the interiors lacked something.

Even though I had 6 months to buy a car I thought of going to the ford dealer just to see why my friend was so excited. Test drove one, and ended up having a restless week. I just needed one. So I returned to the dealer over the weekend and had one ordered as they couldn't find me one of my choice 😀

2 weeks back I never thought I'd end up with a Mustang. And now just a week into my order I already can't wait for it. I'm 23. Figured I can drive an Audi or a bmw at any age. For now the stang had me drooling. Test drove the equivalent challenger too. But just didn't feel anything like the mustang. Those headlights<3

So now here I am. Patiently waiting. Every day passing like its a year. These are going to be the longest 6 weeks of my life. Somewhere I'm hoping for a miracle for my car to be delivered before time. 😃
Old 4/27/15, 07:43 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by s_dk91
I wasn't going to get a new car until August. I was contemplating a BMW 3/5 series or an Audi. A friend of mine purchased the 2015 mustang in a different state and told me I should go check it out. Ive never been a fan Of the mustang because I thought the interiors lacked something.

Even though I had 6 months to buy a car I thought of going to the ford dealer just to see why my friend was so excited. Test drove one, and ended up having a restless week. I just needed one. So I returned to the dealer over the weekend and had one ordered as they couldn't find me one of my choice 😀

2 weeks back I never thought I'd end up with a Mustang. And now just a week into my order I already can't wait for it. I'm 23. Figured I can drive an Audi or a bmw at any age. For now the stang had me drooling. Test drove the equivalent challenger too. But just didn't feel anything like the mustang. Those headlights<3

So now here I am. Patiently waiting. Every day passing like its a year. These are going to be the longest 6 weeks of my life. Somewhere I'm hoping for a miracle for my car to be delivered before time. 😃
I also had my dealer tell me it would only be 6 weeks, but I'm going on 9 weeks now and it still hasn't shipped. A vast resource of patience is the key lol.
Old 4/27/15, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by s_dk91

Even though I had 6 months to buy a car I thought of going to the ford dealer just to see why my friend was so excited. Test drove one, and ended up having a restless week. I just needed one. So I returned to the dealer over the weekend and had one ordered as they couldn't find me one of my choice.

Originally Posted by BigEasyGT
I also had my dealer tell me it would only be 6 weeks, but I'm going on 9 weeks now and it still hasn't shipped. A vast resource of patience is the key lol.
That’s what I’m here for, guys; to help you with those “anxiety moments.” The wait will be well worth it once it arrives.

Deysha
Old 4/27/15, 08:10 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by FordService
That’s what I’m here for, guys; to help you with those “anxiety moments.” The wait will be well worth it once it arrives.

Deysha
Definitely. I went to a car show yesterday and was able to sit in a few new gt's, one of which being the exact car I ordered except a different color. Needless to say this last bit of wait will be tough!
Old 4/27/15, 08:35 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Definitely. I went to a car show yesterday and was able to sit in a few new gt's, one of which being the exact car I ordered except a different color. Needless to say this last bit of wait will be tough!
You can do what I'll be doing... though I will admit it will only make matters worse.
I played a bunch of exhaust clips for my wife and she approved of me ordering parts for the 2015 GT before I get it. She chose the MagnaFlow Competition catback.
Best wife ever...
Though my patience will be stretched thinner having the parts waiting for the car...
Old 4/27/15, 08:44 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by JMan69
You can do what I'll be doing... though I will admit it will only make matters worse.
I played a bunch of exhaust clips for my wife and she approved of me ordering parts for the 2015 GT before I get it. She chose the MagnaFlow Competition catback.
Best wife ever...
Though my patience will be stretched thinner having the parts waiting for the car...
I've already ordered a few smaller things like leds for the interior and reverse light, a mirror tap and mount for my radar detector, and I've set cash aside for window tint as well. The hardest part is having the car waiting for shipment for 4 weeks while ford service does everything they can to keep me out of the dark on the situation. It sucks but it'll be worth it in the end.
Old 4/27/15, 08:54 AM
V6 Member

I've already ordered a few smaller things like leds for the interior and reverse light, a mirror tap and mount for my radar detector, and I've set cash aside for window tint as well. The hardest part is having the car waiting for shipment for 4 weeks while ford service does everything they can to keep me out of the dark on the situation. It sucks but it'll be worth it in the end.
Haha Borla S Type catback, Hood Dampeners, Front license plate bracket all sitting in their boxes waiting for a car as well as 3 rescheduled window tint appointments...the longer i wait the more parts i buy...this addiction.
Old 4/27/15, 09:01 AM

Hanker down ... They tell you 6 to 8 weeks, but I'm going on 12 and can't seem to get any info as to why I'm still waiting for shipping! 😩 It doesn't help when you see people who ordered after you posting pics and driving theirs!!! Um, yep, not gonna lie--more than a little frustrated.

GT premium deep impact blue convertible

Last edited by kimberly7141; 4/27/15 at 09:03 AM.
Old 4/27/15, 09:36 AM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FordService

It was just put out to await shipment yesterday, 2015turbostang! It should get picked up by a truck in the next few days.

Deysha

They could roll it to the dealer quicker, it's directly across the street from the plant
Old 4/27/15, 02:17 PM
V6 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Amazing news today at Ford COTUS. I ordered my GT Premium white fastback on 4/10 and today, 17 days later, the COTUS web site shows it "In Production" with an est. delivery of 5/23 that most likely will be updated since that date was listed for days and I live in NJ.
Old 4/27/15, 02:34 PM

Lol! I’ll do my best to alleviate it for you, BigEasyGT.

Originally Posted by JMan69
Best wife ever...
Sounds great, JMan69! Be sure to high-five your wife for me!

Originally Posted by Kay5Oh
Haha Borla S Type catback, Hood Dampeners, Front license plate bracket all sitting in their boxes waiting for a car as well as 3 rescheduled window tint appointments...the longer i wait the more parts i buy...this addiction.
Originally Posted by kimberly7141
Hanker down ... They tell you 6 to 8 weeks, but I'm going on 12 and can't seem to get any info as to why I'm still waiting for shipping! 😩 It doesn't help when you see people who ordered after you posting pics and driving theirs!!! Um, yep, not gonna lie--more than a little frustrated.

GT premium deep impact blue convertible
I can’t wait until they get released and ship, guys. Fingers crossed for something to happen this week.

Originally Posted by 2015turbostang
They could roll it to the dealer quicker, it's directly across the street from the plant
See if your dealer is willing, 2015turbostang. They may be able to pick it up sooner.

Originally Posted by Mustm26
Amazing news today at Ford COTUS. I ordered my GT Premium white fastback on 4/10 and today, 17 days later, the COTUS web site shows it "In Production" with an est. delivery of 5/23 that most likely will be updated since that date was listed for days and I live in NJ.
Woo hoo! It should start production soon, Mustm26!

Deysha
Old 4/27/15, 02:49 PM
V6 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Deysha,

If you played any role in expediting my order to production in 17 days, I thank you very much!!!
Old 4/27/15, 04:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
jonser,I like the big smile you have on your face. It reminds me of the smile I had on mine when I picked up my new 05 GT back in the day after waiting four months for it to come in. I also have a picture of that great day. Nice car you have there and I'm sure you will enjoy it for many years like I still do with mine.

Quick Reply: 2015 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread