2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

2015 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 4/4/15, 09:47 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alright! I hope it holds for you, K. I agree tho that so many people have waited so long, I can't complain. This is exactly what it was like when I was waiting for my 2011, and that took 14 weeks. I sure hope it doesn't take that long this time... All the frustration goes away instantly, tho, when it hits.
Old 4/4/15, 09:54 PM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by KStev
Yours I can't imagine taking that long for delivery. Mine is looking at 10 weeks now and that is giving 2 weeks for shipping about 500 miles away. Yours would go on a truck from the plant to the dealer which I would think transportation would take less than a day. I guess it depends on build day and release from plant. Deysha knows best on these things, so make sure you let her know your details and you will get good status information then.

Actually, the dealer is closer to the plant then the storage lot, (from what I can tell) so it might be just driven there
Old 4/4/15, 10:04 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Salguod
Alright! I hope it holds for you, K. I agree tho that so many people have waited so long, I can't complain. This is exactly what it was like when I was waiting for my 2011, and that took 14 weeks. I sure hope it doesn't take that long this time... All the frustration goes away instantly, tho, when it hits.
Thank you. I hope things start getting more consistent with the Cotus site also for everyone's sake. I am as bad or worse than others and I know that all times shown there are best case scenario. Hopefully I will not be as bad on my next car order.

Originally Posted by 2015turbostang
Actually, the dealer is closer to the plant then the storage lot, (from what I can tell) so it might be just driven there
That would be a nice option, but it would be even sweeter if they took you there and let you pick it up straight from the plant!
Old 4/4/15, 10:08 PM
V6 Member

That would be a nice option, but it would be even sweeter if they took you there and let you pick it up straight from the plant!
Yep, that would be cool! I see the Mustangs all the time being driven from the plant to the storage lot, they take the long way for some reason, go figure.....

Anyway, I took the VIN the salesman gave me and plugged it into the cotus website, all it says is: "No matching vehicle found. Please verify your input and try again." Is it too soon for me? or did I get an incorrect VIN from the dealer?
Old 4/4/15, 10:14 PM
V6 Member

Yep, that would be cool! I see the Mustangs all the time being driven from the plant to the storage lot, they take the long way for some reason, go figure.....

Anyway, I took the VIN the salesman gave me and plugged it into the cotus website, all it says is: "No matching vehicle found. Please verify your input and try again." Is it too soon for me? or did I get an incorrect VIN from the dealer?
Everything is most likely fine, the site just goes up and down. I can see my status some times, then it will show as vehicle not found. I just wait and try a few minutes later, or try the other tracking site. Sometimes one works and the other doesn't.

Cotus
Order Tracking

Currently mine shows on the Order Tracking site, but not cotus, in a little bit, it could be the other way around lol.
Old 4/4/15, 10:17 PM
V6 Member

Everything is most likely fine, the site just goes up and down. I can see my status some times, then it will show as vehicle not found. I just wait and try a few minutes later, or try the other tracking site. Sometimes one works and the other doesn't.

Cotus
Order Tracking

Currently mine shows on the Order Tracking site, but not cotus, in a little bit, it could be the other way around lol.

You are right, I just checked again and it says "25 days till delivery" Seems too quick, but I wont complain

Says estimated delivery May 1st

Last edited by 2015turbostang; 4/4/15 at 10:19 PM.
Old 4/4/15, 10:20 PM
V6 Member

Vehicle Summary4

• Model Information
  • 2.3L EcoBoost® Engine
  • 6-Speed Manual
  • Packages
  • Equipment Group 201A
  • Exterior
  • Deep Impact Blue
  • Less Tape Stripe
  • Enhanced Security Package
  • EcoBoost® Performance Package
  • Spoiler Delete
  • Wheel Locking Kit
  • Active Anti-Theft System with Perimeter Alarm
  • Reverse Sensing System
  • HID Headlamps with Signature Lighting
  • 19" X 9" Gloss Black Premium Painted Aluminum Wheels

• Interior
  • Ebony
  • Shaker™ Pro Audio System
  • Voice-Activated Navigation System
  • SYNC® with MyFord Touch®
  • Premium AM/FM Stereo with HD Radio™
  • Leather Seats
Old 4/6/15, 08:21 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by twinklelights
So excited to see mine changed on COTUS from awaiting shipment to in transit!!!! Woo hoo!! New EDD to Texas from 4/4 to 4/16. Hoping to pick it up Saturday the 18th now. If so, that will be a little over 10 weeks since I ordered. Hoped for shorter but just thankful it's not been several months!
It shipped out on Saturday, twinklelights!

Originally Posted by Silver50Pony
FINALLY the car is in transit as of today , edd of 4/20
Yours shipped out yesterday, Silver50Pony!

Originally Posted by BradRM
Hope that day stays, true, Silver50Pony. Mine just wend from an EDD of 4/8 to 4/11. Hoping it doesn't drop any further! Good luck to those of you still waiting for your cars!
As of Friday, it’s waiting on a truck to pick it up and deliver it to your dealer, BradRM.

Originally Posted by Waiting
Put over 100 miles on her today, drives like a Dream !
Awesome, Waiting!!

Originally Posted by PodLite
Just ordered my car on 3/27!!
COTUS shows a delivery date of 05/01 and my dealer told me build date is 4/20 (build date is not shown in COTUS). This all seems really quick to me. I was expecting to wait 2 months or longer. I'm not complaining, but don't want to get too optimistic either.
Woo hoo! Be sure to PM me with your dealer’s name and order number so I can track it, PodLite.

Congrats on the order. Hopefully things will stay close to true with what you are seeing, but like you said, don't be too optimistic. My Cotus stated delivery date was today (4/4) and it shows that the car has not shipped yet. Cotus now shows no count down to delivery or estimated delivery date.
Guess whose ride shipped out, yesterday? Yeap, yours, KStev!!

I Ordered mine on March 23 from the Dealer. On Thursday 04/02, my salesman emailed me the Vin. Any idea how long it'll take from this point? Salesman said it would take 10-12 weeks to take delivery from the date ordered.

EDIT: The car is built in Flat Rock Michigan and I live in Flat rock Michigan
Welcome and congrats on your order, 2015turbostang! I’ll get back to your PM as soon as possible.

I am in the same boat, I think. My EDD is 4/13 and it hasn't been released by the plant yet, according to Deysha. There is no way that date is going to hold. COTUS shows it in Awaiting Shipment and "8 days till delivery." Uh, uh, I think not. I guess if I get it in April, I will be happy, but waiting is difficult!
It should get released soon, Salguod.

Deysha
Old 4/6/15, 09:45 AM
V6 Member

Thank you so much for the update Deysha. Now to hope the rest of the trip is fast and smooth!
Old 4/6/15, 10:56 AM

Thank you, Deysha, for the update. Please let me know if there is any change from the 4/11 EDD. As always, your help to all of us here is greatly appreciated

Last edited by BradRM; 4/6/15 at 02:44 PM.
Old 4/6/15, 10:59 AM
V6 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
According to my window sticker today is my blend date. How long does it take to move from In Production to Awaiting Transport? My EDD Is still 5/1/2015.

Last edited by jonser; 4/6/15 at 03:04 PM.
Old 4/6/15, 03:10 PM
V6 Member

Thanks Deysha, look forward to hearing from you
Old 4/6/15, 04:55 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by jonser
According to my window sticker today is my blend date. How long does it take to move from In Production to Awaiting Transport? My EDD Is still 5/1/2015.
This varies a lot I believe but I do not know what the factors are. Mine took 18 days to change from awaiting shipment to in transit. Some are much quicker and some slower.
Old 4/6/15, 05:08 PM

mine did not show on cotus till the next day. but it was tagged with the build date. so it may show tomorrow.
Old 4/6/15, 05:09 PM

Deysha did you receive my last pm?
Old 4/6/15, 05:59 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Got my VIN today and the car is on the way! Err, well being built at least. ETA in 22 days.
Attached Images   

Last edited by bob; 4/6/15 at 06:35 PM.
Old 4/6/15, 07:07 PM
V6 Member

Thanks, Deysha, my mouth is waterin'. These great days here make it that much harder to wait. And I've got a Borla S Type catback system in my garage, just waiting for it! We sure appreciate having you keep us posted!

edit: Huh. I just noticed my avatar changed to add V6 Member. does anyone know how that changed?

Last edited by Salguod; 4/6/15 at 07:10 PM.
Old 4/6/15, 09:14 PM
V6 Member

edit: Huh. I just noticed my avatar changed to add V6 Member. does anyone know how that changed?
Post count triggers it. I read about it somewhere, just do not remember where it was.
Old 4/7/15, 01:34 AM
V6 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I really need to be more patient. Just switched to Awaiting Shipment!!!!!!!!
She is finished and waits to come west. EDD holding at 5/1. I'm wondering how I will be able to sleep tonight.
Old 4/7/15, 06:04 AM

I really need to be more patient. Just switched to Awaiting Shipment!!!!!!!!
She is finished and waits to come west. EDD holding at 5/1. I'm wondering how I will be able to sleep tonight.
Right there with ya, Jonser. Mine just switched over to Awaiting Shipment, too! Getting so excited!

Quick Reply: 2015 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread