2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

2015 Mustang prototype gets production nose/hood

Search this Thread

Old 11/15/12, 08:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From what I see here, I hate the new front end. And if that's a hint of what the rest of the car will be like I don't think I'm going to be buying another mustang any time soon lol
Old 11/15/12, 09:41 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That actually looks alot like the Carscoop rendering.

Old 11/15/12, 09:47 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by BlackOut2k11
From what I see here, I hate the new front end. And if that's a hint of what the rest of the car will be like I don't think I'm going to be buying another mustang any time soon lol
+1. the only new thing im interested in from Ford right now is the Focus ST. i hope they do a **** good job at not making this look like just a 2 door Fusion...
Old 11/15/12, 09:51 PM
FR500 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Anrev
That actually looks alot like the Carscoop rendering.
I had to look a few extra times but now that i think about youre right! If thats any indication then things are ginna turn out pretty good!
Old 11/16/12, 12:27 AM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by BlackOut2k11
From what I see here, I hate the new front end.
Seriously? You can make out very little detail with that camo on.

Here's a 2009 car with the 2010 front end.............which gives nothing away with regards the look of the finished article

Old 11/16/12, 05:31 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Twin Turbo

Seriously? You can make out very little detail with that camo on.

Here's a 2009 car with the 2010 front end.............which gives nothing away with regards the look of the finished article
It gives no detail but you could make out the position of the hoods leading edge. The new camo seems to show an upright position on the grill opening as in the carscoop rendering. Not my fave.
Old 11/16/12, 11:24 AM
Cobra R Member

The carscoop image is horrid! Why would anyone want a mustang to look like a 2 door taurus or fusion?

It's suppose to be a mustang! not another hyundia,kia,nissan,acura cookie cutter "edgy" modern design.
Old 11/16/12, 11:33 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by tom_vilsack
The carscoop image is horrid! Why would anyone want a mustang to look like a 2 door taurus or fusion?

It's suppose to be a mustang! not another hyundia,kia,nissan,acura cookie cutter "edgy" modern design.
Well said!
Old 11/16/12, 01:07 PM
Cobra Member

Oh brother.

It's way too soon to start gnashing teeth about what the 550's fascia looks like. You can see virtually nothing of substance with that camo on and lets not forget that camo is often padded to disguise and distort a car's lines and contours and...y'know...camo what the car actually looks like. If I were to try and glean anything from what little I can see, the grille area looks deeper and more sharknosed than ever. Not a bad thing, in my opinion, but a guess at best.

Of what you can actually see, the location of the filler door could also indicate that the car might have fuller, more muscular hips. Also not a bad thing, in my opinion.

I really think some people want to not like this car.

Last edited by Wolfsburg; 11/16/12 at 01:12 PM.
Old 11/16/12, 01:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

my theory is the grey/green under the cladding is a shell designed to hide the facia but leave room for the air to pass through, i dont see any headlights where the light holes should be just plastic
Old 11/16/12, 03:09 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by Wolfsburg
Oh brother.

It's way too soon to start gnashing teeth about what the 550's fascia looks like. You can see virtually nothing of substance with that camo on and lets not forget that camo is often padded to disguise and distort a car's lines and contours and...y'know...camo what the car actually looks like. If I were to try and glean anything from what little I can see, the grille area looks deeper and more sharknosed than ever. Not a bad thing, in my opinion, but a guess at best.

Of what you can actually see, the location of the filler door could also indicate that the car might have fuller, more muscular hips. Also not a bad thing, in my opinion.

I really think some people want to not like this car.
This. The only part you get some info on is the lower grille opening, and that isn't saying much. That fuel door is interesting, but in scope tells us little, aside from it being longer. Wait until we have a full camo mule before you put your tin foil hats on...
Old 11/17/12, 03:24 AM

Ford does like to restore classic editions of the Mustang, the car makers' iconic muscle coupe. The Boss 302 Mustang, for instance, was recently improved, but the model will be dumped from the lineup.

Last edited by roxannedetierro; 11/23/12 at 09:15 PM.
Old 11/17/12, 09:21 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by roxannedetierro
Ford does like to restore classic editions of the Mustang, the car makers' iconic muscle coupe. The Boss 302 Mustang, for instance, was recently improved, but the model will be dumped from the lineup.
thats the 2014MY... this is the next generation car we're talking about here..
Old 11/19/12, 08:37 AM

I wonder what the dropping of the Boss for MY'14 implies for the 2014 and 2015?

2014?
What will fill the Boss's gap between the GT and GT500? Perhaps a Bullitt, being mostly Boss bits but wrapped in a more subtle and sophisticated wrapper?

Something flashier for the S197's swan song model, perhaps a Boss 351 with a NA version of the GT500's mill? That would: follow the Boss model's original retro timeline where there were two years of Boss 302s followed by one year of the Boss 351. It would also be a proper send off to the overall "Retro" theme of the whole S197 run. This would also create more distinction for the not-slavishly-retro 2015 models.

2015?
To follow the above idea line, the end of the overtly retro theme of the S197s would open up creating "New Legends" (please feel free to crib my concept, Ford, I'll only demand a well fitted out 2015 V8 model in compensation :-) to reflect its more forward looking theme.

Would the common Ford performance model badge, "ST," supplant the "GT" moniker (or is their simply too much invested in "GT," especially for the old schoolers). Perhaps the "GT" will simply be the "ST" for foreign sales to align with the Ford's global ideation.

Would, then, the GT500 be called the "RS" as appropriate for the next rung up the ladder performance model? Or would that be reserved for the Boss-level replacement? Then what would the GT500 be called, presuming not GT500? SVT? RS-R?

In any case, I might expect the Mustang model lineup names to hue a bit more to Ford's global sub-model naming schemas, if not exactly so (at least in the more backward-looking U.S.A.).
Old 11/19/12, 10:41 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by rhumb
I wonder what the dropping of the Boss for MY'14 implies for the 2014 and 2015?

2014?
What will fill the Boss's gap between the GT and GT500? Perhaps a Bullitt, being mostly Boss bits but wrapped in a more subtle and sophisticated wrapper?

Something flashier for the S197's swan song model, perhaps a Boss 351 with a NA version of the GT500's mill? That would: follow the Boss model's original retro timeline where there were two years of Boss 302s followed by one year of the Boss 351. It would also be a proper send off to the overall "Retro" theme of the whole S197 run. This would also create more distinction for the not-slavishly-retro 2015 models.

2015?
To follow the above idea line, the end of the overtly retro theme of the S197s would open up creating "New Legends" (please feel free to crib my concept, Ford, I'll only demand a well fitted out 2015 V8 model in compensation :-) to reflect its more forward looking theme.

Would the common Ford performance model badge, "ST," supplant the "GT" moniker (or is their simply too much invested in "GT," especially for the old schoolers). Perhaps the "GT" will simply be the "ST" for foreign sales to align with the Ford's global ideation.

Would, then, the GT500 be called the "RS" as appropriate for the next rung up the ladder performance model? Or would that be reserved for the Boss-level replacement? Then what would the GT500 be called, presuming not GT500? SVT? RS-R?

In any case, I might expect the Mustang model lineup names to hue a bit more to Ford's global sub-model naming schemas, if not exactly so (at least in the more backward-looking U.S.A.).
Omg. Look in the 10-14 section. There will NOT be a SE for 2014. At all. No Boss 351. No Bullitt. Nothing.
Old 11/19/12, 11:07 AM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
Omg. Look in the 10-14 section. There will NOT be a SE for 2014. At all. No Boss 351. No Bullitt. Nothing.
This.
Old 11/19/12, 11:13 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
This.
You guys are so negative :theymustbecalifornians
Old 11/19/12, 11:16 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by xlover
...i cant see the overhang being that much.. its not even that much on the fusion and the fusion is FWD...that engine bay wouldnt seem to match up with that much front end.
Originally Posted by Moosetang
Take a look at the fuel door, first time we've seen it uncovered. Not only is it sticking out pretty far compared to the present car's fenders the mule is wearing, it also has a really sharp character line running right through it. The angle and slope also suggest the surrounding quarter panel area will be dramatically different on the new car. Looks like the new Mustang is going to have some curvy Hips.
Hello Wonderful Mustang Fans,

I love to hear all of you discussing the new Mustang. I am just as excited!

Originally Posted by db2797
...I'm ok with the Fusion/Aston front end. Just keep the front sharper/shark like.
Originally Posted by Twin Turbo
...there was a Ford badge on the steering wheel. I love Ford, but the Mustang should only ever have a Mustang badge on the steering wheel...
Originally Posted by 97GT03SVT
...I personally liked how the 2005-13 Mustang has a unique look compared to all other cars in the Ford lineup. I guess we are going back to the fox body days when the Mustang's look blend in with other Fords...
Originally Posted by Red Jay
...im probably the only one here not liking this.... i really didnt want to see that nose...
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2
Yuk. I was hoping for a more aggressive stance with wheels pushed to the edges as well. Might still happen as the is likely the current car's chassis underneath.
Guess what, Guys? I have great news. Ford Motor Company has several resources through which you can communicate your ideas to us.

Ford Social

To share general ideas with Ford Motor Company on how we can enhance our products and services, please visit: http://social.ford.com/. Here consumers can voice their opinions on what they would like to see in their next vehicle, such as additional security features, more convenience items, and so on.
Ford Social is also a place where you can share your experiences on owning a Mustang, get the latest updates on what is happening within the company, or catch up on exciting technologies and concepts being explored by Ford. You can also post questions for our engineers, designers or CEO.

Ford New Ideas

To submit inventions, legal or patented ideas that are non-marketing or non-advertising related, please visit: http://corporate.ford.com/innovation...ford-new-ideas to get the process started. The Ford new ideas site is for consumers and companies who are looking to collaborate or partner with Ford Motor Company to sell a patented idea or an invention.

Website Feedback
To provide website feedback to Ford Motor Company on any of our brand websites, please scroll to the bottom of the particular site and click on 'Site Feedback' or 'Contact Us' link to provide your viewpoints.

I hope this helps! All of your feedback is appreciated.
Andrea
Old 11/19/12, 11:17 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500

You guys are so negative :theymustbecalifornians
says Joey
Old 11/19/12, 10:12 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for the info Andrea!

It's great to see so many options to help interested parties get in touch with Ford. Hell it would be great to have that kind of an outlet for a half dozen other products I own.

Quick Reply: 2015 Mustang prototype gets production nose/hood