Search this Thread

Old 12/3/09, 10:46 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
ugh, are you serious?
Old 12/3/09, 11:22 AM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Has anyone ever thought about that they might be holding back saying anything about the 5.0 so that when they do it is a complete surprise to the competition? If I were doing that I wouldnt say anything till the year model they were going into was about ready to hit the dealerships. JMO
Old 12/3/09, 11:32 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heres a video of the 11 v6 mustang. Sounds pretty good when they rev it up near the end. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nNaF...eature=related
Old 12/3/09, 01:06 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by BoogieNights
Has anyone ever thought about that they might be holding back saying anything about the 5.0 so that when they do it is a complete surprise to the competition? If I were doing that I wouldnt say anything till the year model they were going into was about ready to hit the dealerships. JMO
I guess that's good from a "Ford vs. Chevy Street Wars" perspective, but it's not good from a "selling cars" perspective.

You want to build public interest BEFORE the car is available so people are lined up to buy them when they do arrive at the dealer. If you have any questions on this, please look at the introduction strategy of the Mustang's closest competitor--the new Camaro.
Old 12/3/09, 01:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Looks like we gotta wait another month!

Oh, and about that salesperson having a copy of the order guide? I HIGHLY doubt he does! I looked again today and Ford has NOT released them to the dealers yet. The only 2011 vehicle order guide available as of Dec 3, is the Fiesta. Once I get it, I'll post it in both this forum and the 2010 Forum.

And you can leave deposits for cars, you just can't order them. I have one for a 5 liter, and will put it in the order bank Jan 18th! I can't wait for NAIAS!!!
Thanks for the update Jeff! It will be a long month but I think it will be worth our wait.
Old 12/3/09, 01:22 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Originally Posted by 06GT
I guess that's good from a "Ford vs. Chevy Street Wars" perspective, but it's not good from a "selling cars" perspective.

You want to build public interest BEFORE the car is available so people are lined up to buy them when they do arrive at the dealer. If you have any questions on this, please look at the introduction strategy of the Mustang's closest competitor--the new Camaro.

That is true but they can bring in the interest with the style and driveability of the car. As in what kind of suspension it will have. How it handles. Ford already knows they have a step up on the competition. The styling is great. All I am saying is I think it is a lil too early to announce the return of the 5.0.

Last edited by BoogieNights; 12/3/09 at 01:27 PM.
Old 12/3/09, 02:40 PM

Has anyone ever thought about that they might be holding back saying anything about the 5.0 so that when they do it is a complete surprise to the competition? JMO
Not arguing with you or anything but why reveal the new V6 then? V6 sales > V8 sales so it'd be important to delay the V6.

I've no idea why the V6 intro has been separated from the V8 intro

Guess the LA show was meant to showcase the Fiesta & MPG mainly and unveiling both the new V6 & V8 might steal too much thunder from the Fiesta ????
Old 12/3/09, 02:45 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Originally Posted by TopCat501
Not arguing with you or anything but why reveal the new V6 then? V6 sales > V8 sales so it'd be important to delay the V6.

I've no idea why the V6 intro has been separated from the V8 intro

Guess the LA show was meant to showcase the Fiesta & MPG mainly and unveiling both the new V6 & V8 might steal too much thunder from the Fiesta ????

They could have intro'd the V6 model to grow the anticipation of the V8 more. Cuz if they can get those numbers from a V6 than imagine what they can get from a V8. It would also make it a even bigger anticipation for introducing the 5.0 V8.

Not taking it as an argument. Everything is just my opinion and that intells over peoples feedback or opinions on what I say too.
Old 12/3/09, 03:24 PM
Cobra Member

At least we won't have to wait years like the bow tie crew did.

I actually think both points are valid, and not mutually exclusive. I think Ford wanted to focus on mpg with the Fiesta and the 30mpg V6, and build anticipation for the GT at the same time.

By splitting the releases, it gives them another magazine cycle to try and get publicity. Stretch the V6 publicity as far as you can, then reignite interest with the GT specs.

Last edited by Rampant; 12/3/09 at 03:27 PM.
Old 12/3/09, 03:31 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Originally Posted by Rampant
At least we won't have to wait years like the bow tie crew did.

I actually think both points are valid, and not mutually exclusive. I think Ford wanted to focus on mpg with the Fiesta and the 30mpg V6, and build anticipation for the GT at the same time.

By splitting the releases, it gives them another magazine cycle to try and get publicity. Stretch the V6 publicity as far as you can, then reignite interest with the GT specs.

Thank you. I was trying to basically say what you just said. I have a hard time explaining things sometimes.
Old 12/3/09, 07:41 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Boomer
You will REGRET it if you do that...trust me
New owner of a 2009 Camaro SS, black with red stripes........................................... ......
Ya all know i'm kidding, actually i never intented to even walk in into a GM dealership.
But what i just described is the exact same car my friend just got a few monthhs back.
I saw it, i drove it hard, but i just don't like it at all. Big car, the interior is just plain ugly and the car just doesn't have any soul. The accelerations are awasome though. Of course i kept all that negativity to myself .
Old 12/3/09, 07:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by montreal ponies
New owner of a 2009 Camaro SS, black with red stripes........................................... ......
Ya all know i'm kidding, actually i never intented to even walk in into a GM dealership.
But what i just described is the exact same car my friend just got a few monthhs back.
I saw it, i drove it hard, but i just don't like it at all. Big car, the interior is just plain ugly and the car just doesn't have any soul. The accelerations are awasome though. Of course i kept all that negativity to myself .
You're a nice friend. Some people can't appreciate a muscle car though, that's a fact. They look at the window sticker and think they've got it all. I kept buying BMWs thinking I'd get what I wanted, had no idea I was looking for a muscle car until I test drove the 2008 GT I eventually bought. Everything else was spending too much effort sanitizing the experience. I wanted to feel the engine when I floored the gas pedal.
Old 12/3/09, 09:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Just went to my Ford dealer last monday and left a deposit for their first 2011 GT-500 to be officially ordered...! The waiting for the order book will now slowly kill me...

I was thinking of Grabber Blue... or the new upcoming Racing Red... or yellow, or... Arrgggg...

Stay tuned...
Old 12/3/09, 10:29 PM
Cobra Member

ya know, with the 305hp V6 in the mustang, this makes me wonder like since most V6 owners are females im wondering could they control the power. stupid question maybe but just wondering. i mean when my dad sold his '00 Lincoln LS V8 (4 months before he bought the mustang) to my cousin (who was a female in her 20's at the time) i remember her saying she was driving it and had just barely pressed the gas and the car just took off...252hp V8 in the LS if anyone's wondering.
Old 12/4/09, 01:28 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Red Jay
ya know, with the 305hp V6 in the mustang, this makes me wonder like since most V6 owners are females im wondering could they control the power. stupid question maybe but just wondering.
Old 12/4/09, 02:04 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Red Jay
...when my dad sold his '00 Lincoln LS V8 (4 months before he bought the mustang) to my cousin (who was a female in her 20's at the time) i remember her saying she was driving it and had just barely pressed the gas and the car just took off...252hp V8 in the LS if anyone's wondering.
The LS must not have had the throttle lag that I have in my '06 GT with ATX. If I barely press the gas I wait...and wait. If I punch the gas I just wait a little less. Hopefully the '11s will not have this problem.

Last edited by IWantMyNewGT; 12/4/09 at 02:06 AM.
Old 12/4/09, 02:23 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There is an easy fix for the throttle lag...an SCT tuner.
Old 12/4/09, 06:16 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by RickyD
Just went to my Ford dealer last monday and left a deposit for their first 2011 GT-500 to be officially ordered...! The waiting for the order book will now slowly kill me...

I was thinking of Grabber Blue... or the new upcoming Racing Red... or yellow, or... Arrgggg...

Stay tuned...
Hey Ricky, long time no hear. Where u from ? I'm in Laval and just waiting on some more concrete info on the 2011 GT to get my **** over to Ford 440 in Laval and give a deposit just like you. Which dealership did you go to ? See you bro.
Old 12/5/09, 08:45 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by montreal ponies
Hey Ricky, long time no hear. Where u from ? I'm in Laval and just waiting on some more concrete info on the 2011 GT to get my **** over to Ford 440 in Laval and give a deposit just like you. Which dealership did you go to ? See you bro.
Hey Dan, nice to hear that your also in the Area... I am in Blainville.

I left my deposit to Sylvain Bouchard at Chartrand Ford in Laval (Very nice guy). I think they are the only in my area who handles SVT. Granby is a bit far away for me.

See ya this summer maybe in some friday events in Laval. I also plan going to St-Eustache for some fun at the drag strip.

Last edited by RickyD; 12/5/09 at 08:54 AM.
Old 12/5/09, 10:54 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RickyD
Hey Dan, nice to hear that your also in the Area... I am in Blainville.

I left my deposit to Sylvain Bouchard at Chartrand Ford in Laval (Very nice guy). I think they are the only in my area who handles SVT. Granby is a bit far away for me.

See ya this summer maybe in some friday events in Laval. I also plan going to St-Eustache for some fun at the drag strip.
Hey Ricky, any dealer who sells GT500s have to handle SVTs. There is no longer a dedicated "franchise" for SVT dealers. We just pay a flat 4-figure fee to Ford for the rights to sell GT500s.

Way to go on the order. Hope the wait isn't too long!!

Quick Reply: 2011 powertrain to be revealed at L.A. Autoshow