Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Won't shift into 2nd at high RPM

Search this Thread

Old 5/5/14, 07:11 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Won't shift into 2nd at high RPM

My 2014 Base V6 has developed an issue that while doesn't affect normal driving, it affects Autocross and other events. When I accelerate and the engine gets just before redline, I hard shift into second. But lately it will just grind like the clutch isn't being fully released or something (yes I have the clutch pedal fully depressed). It is quite embarassing when this happens. It doesn't happen to any other gear. I do notice that it is hard to shift into 2nd gear sometimes but I am hoping that a MGW shifter will solve that issue. Would an aftermarket clutch line help? I really don't want to have to take my car to the dealer because of all the horror stories I have heard. I have done many forum searches and I haven't heard of a story where it was just grinding trying to get into second. I heard of being completely locked in 2nd or never being able to get into 2nd. Also heard of other gears being an issue. It's just the hard acceleration that is where the problem shows up. Thanks for the advice!