Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Reving issue

Search this Thread

Old 1/30/13, 02:59 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reving issue

I just picked up my 5.0 this past weekend and noticed an interesting problem. If I start my car an try to rev it, it seems to almost bog down. And when I say rev I mean a quick push down and let off of the pedal. Everytime I do this and it bogs, the idle rpms decrease.

Now if I press down on the pedal slightly slower, then it'll rev like normal and the problem disappears until next time I start it up. I have a 2013 gt 6MT. I plan on taking it into the service dept but wanted to see if I could get some info on here.
Old 1/30/13, 03:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mine does this too within the first 30 seconds of it running
Old 1/30/13, 03:48 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by pegasus5.0
I just picked up my 5.0 this past weekend and noticed an interesting problem. If I start my car an try to rev it, it seems to almost bog down. And when I say rev I mean a quick push down and let off of the pedal. Everytime I do this and it bogs, the idle rpms decrease.

Now if I press down on the pedal slightly slower, then it'll rev like normal and the problem disappears until next time I start it up. I have a 2013 gt 6MT. I plan on taking it into the service dept but wanted to see if I could get some info on here.
Do you mean that you start it and rev it shortly after, like the other poster said, if so that probably isn't the smartest idea even if there were no issue.
Old 1/30/13, 05:11 PM
V6 Member

Yes. It's not that I rev it right after I start it on a normal basis, but I noticed it once and now it's in the back of my head that something could be wrong. I'd say within 15 sec. Of starting it maybe more.
Old 1/30/13, 05:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
this is most likely a throttle body issue. The tune that comes stock does not open up the blades to max until 4 grand which would account for the delay. An after market tune will clear that up and give you more throttle response.
Old 1/30/13, 05:38 PM
Cobra Member

Wouldn't worry too much man, I've noticed the same thing with my track pack, the c&l intake I installed seems to have remedied it. I can now tap the throttle backing up without it choking.

Last edited by steven46746; 1/30/13 at 06:31 PM.
Old 1/31/13, 02:19 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by SlowRiderr
Mine does this too within the first 30 seconds of it running
Hi guys,

I recommend you bring your vehicles in to your Ford dealer as soon as possible for diagnosis. Then, let me escalate this to the customer service manager of your area. Please, make an appointment with any Ford dealer and PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can help.

Deysha
Old 4/28/14, 10:17 PM

Hi Pegasus 5.0, I have a 2012 Boss 302 and experienced this exact same issue. I had been driving the car for about 45 minutes to an hour and stopped at a gas station. My buddy asked me to rev the engine so that he could hear it and when trying my RPMs went down rather increasing. And the car would not go above 2k when revving it. I wanted to ask, what ended up happening to your situation? Did you take it to Ford? What did they say?
Old 5/2/14, 09:04 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by 2BOSSY
Hi Pegasus 5.0, I have a 2012 Boss 302 and experienced this exact same issue. I had been driving the car for about 45 minutes to an hour and stopped at a gas station. My buddy asked me to rev the engine so that he could hear it and when trying my RPMs went down rather increasing. And the car would not go above 2k when revving it. I wanted to ask, what ended up happening to your situation? Did you take it to Ford? What did they say?
Hello 2BOSSY,

Welcome to the forum! My name is Deysha with Ford Service. Have you had this addressed with your dealer? If not, you should speak to the service manager at your Ford Dealer. He is in the best position to ensure a proper diagnosis, and will be able to provide available options and/or coverage for any work needed. Let me know the outcome.

Deysha
Old 5/25/14, 09:17 PM

Did anyone ever have the dealer check this to see if this is normal or if this is something that we should be concerned about. Also just noticed this after having the car for 18 months.