Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Reving issue

Search this Thread

Old 1/30/13, 02:20 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reving issue

I just picked up my 5.0 this past weekend and noticed an interesting problem. If I start my car an try to rev it, it seems to almost bog down. And when I say rev I mean a quick push down and let off of the pedal. Everytime I do this and it bogs, the idle rpms decrease.
Now if I press down on the pedal slightly slower, then it'll rev like normal and the problem disappears until next time I start it up. I have a 2013 gt 6MT. I plan on taking it into the service dept but wanted to see if I could get some info on here.
Old 1/31/13, 02:16 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by pegasus5.0
I just picked up my 5.0 this past weekend and noticed an interesting problem. If I start my car an try to rev it, it seems to almost bog down. And when I say rev I mean a quick push down and let off of the pedal. Everytime I do this and it bogs, the idle rpms decrease.
Now if I press down on the pedal slightly slower, then it'll rev like normal and the problem disappears until next time I start it up. I have a 2013 gt 6MT. I plan on taking it into the service dept but wanted to see if I could get some info on here.
Hello pegasus5.0,

My name is Deysha with Ford Service. I agree with your bringing it in to your Ford dealer as soon as possible for diagnosis. Then, let me escalate this to the customer service manager of your area. Please, make an appointment with any Ford dealer and PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can help.

Deysha